Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

"
Russell wrote:
"
Sarganym wrote:
Any idea when you might get the tech to do bloom/trails?

No idea sorry : ( It pains me too!
Some of the silly long work arounds I have to do...

Ouch, sucks bro, keep up the good work, what you have now looks great for what it is and it's definitely appreciated. Just thought I'd ask as it seems like you guys are getting sorta close to open beta.
PM me in forums if you need any help!
Malice's Newbie FaQ: http://tinyurl.com/72wrafn
The water in The Ledge, against the cliff... it looks like the landmass is hovering over the water. Wouldn't a foamy effect, of the water against the cliff, make it look more realistic?
noticed that the split arrow skill sumtimes leaves a bunch of arrows suspended in mid air.

also, sumtimes it looks odd when they all shoot out in different directions and their motion trail effect makes a criss cross across the character
I played the last days while the stress test was running and i was really suprised by this game. Yeah, i got it to lvl 16 in two days, i think and reached act 2. So with the witch and even the powerful Firerain Gem, it was pretty simple on default :P

But guys, i dont agree with the lightning effects. These should be more detail and the sound more powerful. I hope there will be a chain-bolt-lighting, i like them really much :)

When u want see cool lighting effects just look at Bioshock or Diablo2.

Also the watereffect and sound were missing when entering a waterzone. That wasnt really natural.

But overall, nice, nice, keep the great work and nobody needs D3 :)
I used the "detonate dead" as favorite skill in the stresstestweekend but i noticed when you walk over the pile of blood there are no footprints...Boots are not dry when getting out the water (footprints in general) and the game would be more interesting if we can step on non-agressief small mobs like insects or something that just waiting and crawling around to get squeezed by the character just for fun when walking over it. Though is the game still in beta, you deliver good work. Thumb up!
Really loving the burning effects, very creamy.

Also liking the tweak that was done to sparks/lightning since january.
"
Neonexe wrote:
Really loving the burning effects, very creamy.

Also liking the tweak that was done to sparks/lightning since january.

haha thanks glad someone noticed the spark change =_= Its textures were so blury and bleh before

Id reply to the rest of you but the amount of times iv had to say "read the first page" is pretty silly

Ill reply to some of you though (the ones that are not mentioned on the first page)

Alright so starting with ahhhh

H3llGat3:

"
H3llGat3 wrote:
I used the "detonate dead" as favorite skill in the stresstestweekend but i noticed when you walk over the pile of blood there are no footprints...Boots are not dry when getting out the water (footprints in general) and the game would be more interesting if we can step on non-agressief small mobs like insects or something that just waiting and crawling around to get squeezed by the character just for fun when walking over it. Though is the game still in beta, you deliver good work. Thumb up!

Yes we dont have material detection at the moment so there's no way to tell the game "k hes on this type of thing now so do this effect/decal". Its the same reason their is no footprints at all at the moment. Also the same reason no grass kicks up when you run through grass , No splashes when you run through water , No rocks and dust that chink our when you hit walls and ground with arrows. These sorts of things will be added later though when Jonathan(lead programmer) has the time. Hes a very busy man :(

Next up is

SirIronSword:

"
SirIronSword wrote:
I played the last days while the stress test was running and i was really suprised by this game. Yeah, i got it to lvl 16 in two days, i think and reached act 2. So with the witch and even the powerful Firerain Gem, it was pretty simple on default :P

But guys, i dont agree with the lightning effects. These should be more detail and the sound more powerful. I hope there will be a chain-bolt-lighting, i like them really much :)

When u want see cool lighting effects just look at Bioshock or Diablo2.

Also the watereffect and sound were missing when entering a waterzone. That wasnt really natural.

But overall, nice, nice, keep the great work and nobody needs D3 :)

ahhh im confused if your talking about lightning or lightning? Lightning wise im not sure what your talking about more detailed. If you compair the lightning iv made to the one in d2 mine has far more detail in it. I love d2s lightning but it didn't work in our game so well as we have a lot of tone variation. Bright white lightning works when all your environments are dark grey to black but not from white to black. I actually original had white lightning but you could not see it at all in the lighter areas. Thats why I needed to add a glow colour. In which case I picked a dark evilish purply blue instead of a light blue like most games pick. I thought it fit the dark theme a little better. Also I don't like light blue :P

Simplexcity:

"
Simplexcity wrote:
noticed that the split arrow skill sumtimes leaves a bunch of arrows suspended in mid air.

also, sumtimes it looks odd when they all shoot out in different directions and their motion trail effect makes a criss cross across the character

Yeah the arrows suspended in mid air isn't anything to do with me but I can say it will be fixed in future. Its not a giant game breaking thing and its not adding content fixing it so im sure its on the back of one of the programmers lists somewhere. This is polish thing but it will be fixed at some point.

yeah the arrows trails criss crossing is also known and also looks horrible :P Its using trail tech but oooooold hacked together trail tech that's hard coded into the game. So I cant do anything about that at the moment. It will be fixed once I get proper trail tech though.

Trent242:

"
Trent242 wrote:
The water in The Ledge, against the cliff... it looks like the landmass is hovering over the water. Wouldn't a foamy effect, of the water against the cliff, make it look more realistic?

Yes it would be good to add that but its just yet again another one of those things that needs new tech. At the moment if something doesn't add content to the game then I can say it wont be in for a while. It will be something for the future though im sure.

K that's it all done. Sorry if there's some spelling mistakes and so on but its 2:20 in the morning and im doing this in my free time heh

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Last edited by Russell on Apr 4, 2012, 10:30:08 AM
Small details but dont affects the gameplay. Great landscape. Huge maps but just a few quests. I like questing. I really enjoyed the stress test weekend and see a glimp of what the game would be look like. Also why can't we switch between weapons in inventory? Got dex gems for melee weapons but we can't use swords quickly when playing with ranger or other character. That was the only thing that irritates me playing the game. Switching from stash to inventory weapon use when playing as hybride. Or some hotkeys use! I don't now if it's fit here in feedback but everything can use some effects. Russell, u guys are making an masterpiece!!!
Yeah Russell i stopped playing in january then came back, and the new spark was definitely a pleasing surprise!

I do wish the lightning was a bit more... bolty though. I feel like fuzzy lightning is done a bit too much, but lightning that looks like, well, lightning is quite rare!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Krunkwerke_-_IMG_4515_(by-sa).jpg/300px-Krunkwerke_-_IMG_4515_(by-sa).jpg
"
Neonexe wrote:
Yeah Russell i stopped playing in january then came back, and the new spark was definitely a pleasing surprise!

I do wish the lightning was a bit more... bolty though. I feel like fuzzy lightning is done a bit too much, but lightning that looks like, well, lightning is quite rare!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Krunkwerke_-_IMG_4515_(by-sa).jpg/300px-Krunkwerke_-_IMG_4515_(by-sa).jpg

yes but how could I make spark look like that :P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info