3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Schejian wrote:

"
matiop12 wrote:

So. Can Someone answer me? How to Play this build? For now i'm Just spamming balistas and die often.

Yeah. Just Place Totems and focus on evading things.

Arcane Brand / Trap / Frenzy can be used as DPS Boost on Bosses if needed.

Yep, exactly this. Drop a totem bomb and run. Everything else is just for bosses.

If you're dying, check your defences. Get your spell suppression capped, check resis, make sure you have determination/grace/purity of elements, use armour/evasion flasks if need be. Then you'll be a juiced up TANK.
Updated original post.

Added a couple videos:
Maven: https://youtu.be/TFaPFlk5OjY
T16 Arachnid Nest Clearspeed (with HH): https://youtu.be/vLTVgn6-4Ws

Added a section on Gems as someone requested it.
Quick question regarding EE.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I see it proc (enemy is vulnerable to fire), but at times I don't see it at all, sometimes it'll even say 'resistant to fire' or 'resists all elemental damage' (or something like that).

Is that just due to enemy/boss mods?

Ignore the cluster jewel in my build atm, the fire damage one only has burning bright.

So I'm unsure as to which jewel I should be running anyway. Other option was the elemental damage one I believe?
Last edited by dokterr on Feb 8, 2022, 7:20:37 PM
"
dokterr wrote:
Quick question regarding EE.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I see it proc (enemy is vulnerable to fire), but at times I don't see it at all, sometimes it'll even say 'resistant to fire' or 'resists all elemental damage' (or something like that).

Is that just due to enemy/boss mods?

Ignore the cluster jewel in my build atm, the fire damage one only has burning bright.

So I'm unsure as to which jewel I should be running anyway. Other option was the elemental damage one I believe?

Not sure about your EE question sorry. Maybe someone else has better insight on that.

For the cluster jewels, I changed my cluster (in it's the latest POB) to now using Burning Bright and Widespread Destruction. I was originally testing some leech nodes but they don't work.

Updated POB with minor changes.

New POB shows late end-game setup, running with HH. Swap in Dyadian Dawn for bosses.

Also, I noticed the one player on POE Ninja to hit 100 with this build in league so far is running with this ring:

I am now running with it. According to POB, it gives me a whopping 35% MORE DPS, hehe.

Also, I am running a legacy loreweaves for ultra tankiness (80% resis). However, the new Brass Dome could in fact be even better, because we get 80% all resis, and take no extra damage from critical strikes, AND get more phys damage reduction. I am yet to try it though as I still need to 6L it.

The other option for chest is running with Queen of the Forest... with our huge amount of evasion you'll get some sexy speed and even more evade chance.

The Tankiness of this build, along with the DPS, is absolutely absurd!!!!!!!!!

This build is INSANELY OP!!!

Last edited by brunowa on Feb 8, 2022, 9:31:41 PM
"
brunowa wrote:

Also, I noticed the one player on POE Ninja to hit 100 with this build in league so far is running with this ring:

I am now running with it. According to POB, it gives me a whopping 35% MORE DPS, hehe.

Take care not to trust PoB 100% on that one. PoB shows +20%ignite Dmg due to "increased ignite Duration", but that doesn't do anything for us. As we refresh the ignite every 1sec anyway.

Ring is still great, though ofc. Gives us +20% more DPS for the covered in "ash" debuff.

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 9, 2022, 12:58:27 AM
"
Schejian wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

Take care not to trust PoB 100% on that one. PoB shows +20%ignite Dmg due to "increased ignite Duration", but that doesn't do anything for us. As we refresh the ignite every 1sec anyway.

Ring is still great, though ofc. Gives us +20% more DPS for the covered in "ash" debuff.

hehe, yeh I was thinking it was a bit overkill in POB. Definitely feels quite nice.
is it safer to go with witch or with templar ? not hardcore.
"
qroar21 wrote:
is it safer to go with witch or with templar ? not hardcore.

Generally Templar is gonna be a bit more tanky at the cost of damage. I still wouldnt go for that though, the Elementalist is tanky enough for almost all use cases (deathless fully juiced T16s, Safe Feared kills, easy bossing overall). If you wanna go for stuff thats too rippy for the witch its probably worth looking at a different build alltogether.
24 challenges done. maven, shaper, elder, uber elder, awakener = killed

I'm done with this league just a small thoughts about my build thats with absolute trash gear

1) I replaced my +2 skill bow for a quill rain - the amount of currency and hassle you save by not having to care for attack speed on your gear and tree is insane, my dps skyrocketed with quill rain compared to the other bow

2) totems die too fast and your dps becomes trash - got the 2 nodes next to Ironwood for +30% totem life and +30% phys reduction

3) Projectile speed from Quill Rain and Quiver can be transformed to ignite dps by taking the 1 node that gives "increases and reduction to projectile speed also applies to damage with bows", this offsets the dps reduction of quill rain and is absolutely crazy

Overall the elementalist explosive arrow balistas is a very very good build which I will probably also play next league because this build allows you to scale with so many different things and also allows you to be lazy like me and not bother min maxing gear

see ya guys in a few months gl hf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info