3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
goobergeorge wrote:
So I still have a lot of noob gear, but I'm at about tier 6 maps. What should I be working towards my next big upgrade? Should I go with a +3 bow or should I work on upgrading my armor in general cause I know that's not all that great. I was also thinking of buying rain of splinters, but wasn't sure between the two.

Also I wouldn't be using a pure armor chest piece but I got lucky and it dropped for me.

For where you are at, do you need more DPS? Or more defence? That will tell you what to upgrade first.

I'd go for the +3 bow.

Rain of Splinters is like a last priority. Don't even bother with that until you are comfortable with everything else. Although they're pretty cheap. So if you have the spare jewel socket, go for it. But it's only to help with clear if you need it.
A "bit" of crafting luck today

"
Feydaleth wrote:
A "bit" of crafting luck today

Damn, that's sexy!! Congrats!
I'm kinda loss as to where to go next in regards to damage. I need to do uber lab for sure for Aegis. But besides that what should I be spending my currency on? I only have 3 exalts right now.

POB has me at ~9mil ignite dps.

"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I'm kinda loss as to where to go next in regards to damage. I need to do uber lab for sure for Aegis. But besides that what should I be spending my currency on? I only have 3 exalts right now.

POB has me at ~9mil ignite dps.

A few things:

1) Chances are you are misreading your PoB or have something weird set up, 9M Ignite DPS is more than I have with 30+ ex invested. Things to look for: Are you actually hitting 20 fuses, do you have auras turned on that you cant reserve, are you looking at total ignite damage and not ignite dps.

2) There are Phasing+Attackspeed nodes next to EE, consider taking them and switching over your Quartz into a Jade flask.

3) Your amulet and annoint are kind of meh,
is decently cheap, helps with reservation and provides a nice heap of damage, definitely worth a consideration.

4) If you want more DPS there are a bunch of options,
is expensive but nice, Awakened Gems at lvl 5 are a decently big boost (as is Unnatural Instinct), Attackspeed on Gloves and Quiver could get you some more DPS as well. Another cheap option could be the Death Rush ring, Onslaught is a good chunk of attack speed and the overall stats on it aren‘t bad. With the accuracy on it you could drop the accuracy craft on the bow and get a dot multi craft.

5) If you want more survivability you will eventually have to let go of Kaoms Heart and switch some things around. Things to look for are 100% spell suppression, Monten Shell (In my Setup its an 8k absorb every few seconds) and once you get some more levels a cluster setup with Enduring Composure which gives you free Endurance Charge generation.
What flasks are you guys using?
"

A few things:

1) Chances are you are misreading your PoB or have something weird set up, 9M Ignite DPS is more than I have with 30+ ex invested. Things to look for: Are you actually hitting 20 fuses, do you have auras turned on that you cant reserve, are you looking at total ignite damage and not ignite dps.

You are right, I was looking at Total Damage, not DPS. Ignite DPS is 2.980mil. Total Damage is 9.813mil.

"

2) There are Phasing+Attackspeed nodes next to EE, consider taking them and switching over your Quartz into a Jade flask.

I did not see those, will have to pick those up and get a Jade flask.

"

3) Your amulet and annoint are kind of meh,
is decently cheap, helps with reservation and provides a nice heap of damage, definitely worth a consideration.

I actually had an Ashes of the Stars drop tonight and sold it as I didn't think it would be as good for this build. And I needed the currency for IDK why.

"

4) If you want more DPS there are a bunch of options,
is expensive but nice, Awakened Gems at lvl 5 are a decently big boost (as is Unnatural Instinct), Attackspeed on Gloves and Quiver could get you some more DPS as well. Another cheap option could be the Death Rush ring, Onslaught is a good chunk of attack speed and the overall stats on it aren‘t bad. With the accuracy on it you could drop the accuracy craft on the bow and get a dot multi craft.

I have a Death Rush I found earlier tonight as well. Wasn't sure if it was good or not, seems to be a 1c unique. Is it just the Onslaught or something else?

"

5) If you want more survivability you will eventually have to let go of Kaoms Heart and switch some things around. Things to look for are 100% spell suppression, Monten Shell (In my Setup its an 8k absorb every few seconds) and once you get some more levels a cluster setup with Enduring Composure which gives you free Endurance Charge generation.

Without the Kaoms Heart I'm at 4k life. That doesn't seem to be a whole lot for T16 mapping/bossing. I am picking up spell suppression nodes on my tree currently. Does Molten Shell seem good if I only have about 7600 armor from Determination?

I was considering getting a Hyrri's Ire body armour as I don't need a 6 link as that is in my bow and a non-6 linked one is 65 chaos or so.

What would I have to change up on my tree if I dropped Kaoms Heart for say Hyrri's Ire?

Here is my POB btw: https://pastebin.com/PbjW86GR
@Ashes:
Its pretty nice overally if you can swing the resistances, but overally it might be a bit more of an endgame item (With it and some other things I was able to fit in purity of elements in addition to the 4 defensive auras, which is big QoL). Overally Gem Levels are very big thoughh.

@Death Rush
Its a 1c unique thats true, its just not very rare but it is overally not a bad item, Onslaught and Accuracy+Chaos res with some life thrown in is more than most low budget rings offer.

@Defenses:
This is a weird build defensively. I was for the longest time sitting at 3.6k life and I leveled to 94 in pretty juiced maps (4 sextant, 4 polished scarab corrupted T16 Maps), the combination of Aegis and MS in addition to lots of evade is pretty tanky even at sub 4k life.

As far as changes go: I don‘t have easy access to PoB righ now, I‘m sorry, however my profile is public and I was actually using a Hyrris Ire with no major changes in the tree up until yesterday, so you could use my current setup for inspiration. Drop the Cluster-Setup and the extraneous nodes around the lethal pride and you should have a decent base even at a lower level. Don‘t sleep on the „5% of Evasion as Extra Armour“-Mastery near the big Totem Wheel at the bottom though, its a lot of phys mitigation for few points!

how do we use both guard skills? immortal call, molten shell

Please help)
Why I have Zero-DPS? I can't kill any of Elder/Shaper guard. Their HP is full.
I have NO flat fire. I have 6 balistas. What's wrong?
Thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Huntersyava/characters/ExplosiveArrowSyava

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info