[3.17] Spectral Helix/Rage Vortex Berserker

"
CodenameFox wrote:
Right, i've got a 5-link terminus-est but spectral helix does a lot more of dmg.
I should only use rage vortex to build rage or as a source of my dps?
Use it every few seconds to keep up Fortification stacks and Onslaught during mapping, on bosses you can use it to get Onslaught and Maim for extra dps. Depending on how high your damage is, it can be used to clear by itself on certain packs where Spectral Helix is clunky, like indoor maps but the main purpose is the utility and bonuses from its support gems.
"
Frost666 wrote:
"
CodenameFox wrote:
Right, i've got a 5-link terminus-est but spectral helix does a lot more of dmg.
I should only use rage vortex to build rage or as a source of my dps?
Use it every few seconds to keep up Fortification stacks and Onslaught during mapping, on bosses you can use it to get Onslaught and Maim for extra dps. Depending on how high your damage is, it can be used to clear by itself on certain packs where Spectral Helix is clunky, like indoor maps but the main purpose is the utility and bonuses from its support gems.

Tyvm, my dps got a lot higher after i started doing this.

I'm followin the oni-goroshi and the only item i need to buy rn is a watcher eye's and some minor upgrades at gear. Where i can go from here to boost my dps?
First of all, props to Taaki for being helpful here and ingame aswell. Had me covered in every gear upgraded that i had questions.
Just a quick update about the oni-goroshi version i've been following.

Right now my build looks like this:
https://pastebin.com/BnX7PkDw

Gotta buy a watcher's eye and an bottled faith tho.
Updating build progress status.

https://pastebin.com/uRtaAm9V

imho, i've hit the soft cap of the damage potential. There's some minor upgrade i can see (a double precision watcher's eye, a no corrupted blood jewel like mine but with +% fire damage and get magmatic strike at lvl 97).

Open to suggestions.
"
Shatiya wrote:
Hi there, maybe someone can help me here. I play a physical Spectral Helix version (but without crits, instead Resolute Technique). It was very smooth in campaign and white Maps. But I struggle a lot in T 10/11 Maps now. I have ~5k life, overcapped resistances (79 + more) except Chaos. I die to almost every Boss / Archnemesis encounter. Maybe someone can take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I have fatal mistakes in the tree or gear. Thanks a lot, I'm quite frustrated right now .___.
My character plus tree is available in my profile. My gear:

Hello I play this build in SSF, I have the exact same problem, way too squishy, this build is a brick.
"
arackfr wrote:
"
Shatiya wrote:
Hi there, maybe someone can help me here. I play a physical Spectral Helix version (but without crits, instead Resolute Technique). It was very smooth in campaign and white Maps. But I struggle a lot in T 10/11 Maps now. I have ~5k life, overcapped resistances (79 + more) except Chaos. I die to almost every Boss / Archnemesis encounter. Maybe someone can take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I have fatal mistakes in the tree or gear. Thanks a lot, I'm quite frustrated right now .___.
My character plus tree is available in my profile. My gear:

Hello I play this build in SSF, I have the exact same problem, way too squishy, this build is a brick.

Are both of you sure you're running Fortify? It's supposed to be in your Rage Vortex setup. I don't see it anywhere in the links posted (some sockets seem pretty random/useless tbh), so the complaints are probably based on that? * Shrug * I'm trying the physical 2h axe build out on my 2nd character this season. It was super fast & a fun ride in campaign, I can say that much. I will provide a bit more feedback if/when I map more seriously with it. This thing can apparently do The Feared so it can't be that squishy :p
Last edited by WarPig17 on Feb 24, 2022, 11:10:56 PM
I have gotten the build to 88 and its handling t16 maps just fine. Yes it has a particular play-style you have to get used to, but it's pretty fun, and if you stay mobile and alternate your attacks the build stays tanky and the clear is pretty good. My gems, weapon mods, etc. are still quite bad so my single target could be better, but its fine for mapping presently. I'd say all my items cost me around 1ex, most of which was Fledgling helmet w/ Lab Enchant:

Last edited by WarPig17 on Feb 25, 2022, 7:36:37 PM
Noticed a couple things scuffed w/ the 2h Physical POB for anyone giving it a go:

I) Correct me if I'm wrong (assuming OP checks this), but we actually need to put 4-points into the Fleet Foot & Grace Mastery wheel to be able to run all four auras at once? It also seems advisable to change Reservation Mastery 'Increased Effect of Auras' to 'Increase Efficiency 15%' so that we have the mana necessary to cast Assassins Mark

II) Speaking of Assassins Mark, the POB says link it w/ Hextouch, but you actually need to link it w/ Mark on Hit support (and you'll need about 50 unreserved mana to cast it)

In my 90's now, the build continues to be enjoyable, thanks again for the guide.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Feb 26, 2022, 2:27:36 AM
Just a quick question if anyone can answer. With the Oni-Goroshi version, as soon as you ignite an enemy, you get the Her Embrace buff which causes you to take % of health as damage while the buff is active. How do you get the over leach to work and get life leech to fill your shield if you are contanstly taking damage?
"
PlayaPlaya777 wrote:
Just a quick question if anyone can answer. With the Oni-Goroshi version, as soon as you ignite an enemy, you get the Her Embrace buff which causes you to take % of health as damage while the buff is active. How do you get the over leach to work and get life leech to fill your shield if you are contanstly taking damage?

Your leech mechanic should be outpacing the degeneration effect if your setup is correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info