[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
as of now, there is no need to level Vitality as long as both gem [Blood Rage & Vitality] effects balance each other out (it only increases the strength requirement of the gem and you don't get that much strength from the tree)

"
You can buy Steelskin from Nessa in Lioneye's Watch in Act 1 after completing the quest Breaking Some Eggs. Make sure to set this skill as your default left click (to autocast it).

Level20 Steelskin requires 155 Strength.
Level20 Vitality requires 118 Strength.

So what is the recommended level of gems? How to (and up to what point) level up the gems?

(I have tried to buy a Steelskin from Nessa. She offered me a level9 Steelskin, which requires 75 Strength, and I do not have currently 75 Strength..)
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"Use an Essence to add elemental damage or attack speed to the bow"

Why elemental damage? Physical damage is not so good?

(Toxic Rain: "60% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage")

Elemental Damage scales slightly better, but I will add Physical Damage as well (since it really is not a big difference in the early game).

"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"You can buy [] and Faster Attacks Support from Nessa in Lioneye's Watch in Act 1"

No. I suggest Yeena. (Act 2)

Fixed, thank you.

"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"You can buy Despair from Clarissa"

Siosa..

Fixed, thank you.

PS: If you find more, feel free to add me on Discord: Jerske#3017
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"
as of now, there is no need to level Vitality as long as both gem [Blood Rage & Vitality] effects balance each other out (it only increases the strength requirement of the gem and you don't get that much strength from the tree)

"
You can buy Steelskin from Nessa in Lioneye's Watch in Act 1 after completing the quest Breaking Some Eggs. Make sure to set this skill as your default left click (to autocast it).

Level20 Steelskin requires 155 Strength.
Level20 Vitality requires 118 Strength.

So what is the recommended level of gems? How to (and up to what point) level up the gems?

(I have tried to buy a Steelskin from Nessa. She offered me a level9 Steelskin, which requires 75 Strength, and I do not have currently 75 Strength..)

I answered most of you answers in ingame chat. For those, who have the same kind of problem, let me quote the guide: "If you need strength and/or intelligence …. don't hesitate to pick up some extra nodes on the skill tree. Some gems require you to have a specific amount of strength and/or intelligence to use them (or to level them up). If that’s the case and you don’t have the required amount, you can take nodes on the skill tree to get additional strength and/or Intelligence. Good options are the +30 nodes near the 'Hunter's Gambit' node or the 'Master of the Arena' node (if you open the skill tree you can use the search function at the top to find the respective nodes)."
"
JustAnn42 wrote:
So I'm not a complete new player, but I'm so glad that I've found this build. This is my current league starter and it's working just fine. I even managed to get faster through the story than last league start, yay.

At first I was kinda doubtful because I didn't like Toxic Rain but it turns out, that this is a nice solid choice for me since I love to play Duelist^^

thanks for the build and the smooth league start.

Oh and sorry for my bad english. I'm from Germany.

Awesome to hear that. Feel free to let me know how it goes in the endgame.

PS: Deutscher Kollege hier ;) Grüße

Hi! Great guide, I was trying to find some simple guide(I'm not a beginner, but I remember almost nothing from the time when I was playing POE), wanted to play POE again in new league after very big pause.
Logged in to say big thanks to you! Easy to understand, I'm only lvl 22 ATM, but have no problems at all!
New player here using this guide,Its awesome man,Saved me lots of time. I just reached act 10 and it would probably have taken me 10x longer without this guide.

Small question tho,In act 10 the guide says to upgrade a Thicket Bow with an item lvl of 64 but its only at lvl 56, I found a bow called Spine Bow which is lvl 64,Am i making a mistake or the bow that u meant was the Spine Bow?

"
nikosson wrote:
Hi! Great guide, I was trying to find some simple guide(I'm not a beginner, but I remember almost nothing from the time when I was playing POE), wanted to play POE again in new league after very big pause.
Logged in to say big thanks to you! Easy to understand, I'm only lvl 22 ATM, but have no problems at all!

Awesome to hear that. Let me know if the rest of the guide helped you as well ;)
"
ehv7979 wrote:
New player here using this guide,Its awesome man,Saved me lots of time. I just reached act 10 and it would probably have taken me 10x longer without this guide.

Small question tho,In act 10 the guide says to upgrade a Thicket Bow with an item lvl of 64 but its only at lvl 56, I found a bow called Spine Bow which is lvl 64,Am i making a mistake or the bow that u meant was the Spine Bow?

Cool to hear that you were able to progress through the campaign. I assume that is more than many other new players accomplish ;)

Regarding the bow: The reason you want to have a Thicket Bow is that it has the highest base attack speed of all bows (1.5 attacks per second). A Spine Bow "only" has 1.4 attacks per second which is why it's slightly worse. Just play some maps or farm some >64 areas in Act 10; you should get a Thicket Bow real fast.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 7, 2022, 6:58:50 AM
Moin,

How would you say the dmg scales with investment?
With how much investment can you easily roll through tier 16 maps?
I'm just torn between this guide and another skill i've enjoyed playing in the past (but it's quite expensive to scale, e.g. 12ex for 9,9m DPS -> 50ex for 18,99m DPS) and i don't have that much time to play.
How would you compare the dmg from this build to the numbers stated above from the other build. Do i also have to invest as much to get those numbers?
Can i clean the whole endgame wihtout the need of HH or something similar?
Sorry if it's already stated in the guide (just flew over it or searched for "invest" but couldn't find anything in this regard).

Grüße gehen raus und danke dir für die Mühe, ist echt ne Top-Anleitung!
"
skitl0r wrote:
Moin,

How would you say the dmg scales with investment?
With how much investment can you easily roll through tier 16 maps?
I'm just torn between this guide and another skill i've enjoyed playing in the past (but it's quite expensive to scale, e.g. 12ex for 9,9m DPS -> 50ex for 18,99m DPS) and i don't have that much time to play.
How would you compare the dmg from this build to the numbers stated above from the other build. Do i also have to invest as much to get those numbers?
Can i clean the whole endgame wihtout the need of HH or something similar?
Sorry if it's already stated in the guide (just flew over it or searched for "invest" but couldn't find anything in this regard).

Grüße gehen raus und danke dir für die Mühe, ist echt ne Top-Anleitung!

Danke dir ;) This build really doesn't shine via its damage, but its defensive layers. In terms of maximum DPS, you will have between 2,5 and 4 million Sirus DPS (i would the latter can be acheived with 10-15. In terms of defenses, you will have ~7k EHP, ~30k evasion (~75% evade chance), 30k armour (~70% phys damage reduction), 100% spell suppression chance and even more defense layers when using some item dependent nodes on the skill tree.

If you are looking for a build that oneshots bosses or zoom zoom T16 maps, this is not what you are looking, sorry :/ But if you are looking for a very tanky build that allows you to do all content, you're at the right place (I already recieve quite a lot of messages from people who killed almost all endgame bosses with the build).

Hope that info is what you were looking for (although the build might not be :P)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 7, 2022, 4:08:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info