[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
luiz1220 wrote:
Can you explain why Corruption is better than Farsigh as annoint?

Simple stats. Corruption provides around +257k Full DPS (12,8%) while Farsigh only provides around +106k Full DPS (5,3%).
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2022, 2:46:33 AM
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
POB shows FasterProjectiles being better than VoidManipulation at least at my current state (CharacaterLevel 42). In the main skill.

Combined DPS of "ToxicRain-MirageArcher-FasterAttacks-Efficacy-VoidManipulation" is 3711.
Combined DPS of "ToxicRain-MirageArcher-FasterAttacks-Efficacy-FasterProjectiles" is 4672.

Then go for Faster Projectiles at that point. There can be many interactions with your current gear which benefits Faster Projectiles more at this point. PoE things :D
"
luiz1220 wrote:
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
"43 Buy (R) Determination from the vendor"

With 3 aura, almost 100% of my mana is reserved. 346 is reserved out of 353.

What to do?

(Go to Siosa and buy a new level_1 Vitality?)

There are some nodes and materies in your skill tree that reduce mana reservation of skills. You want to get that before you use 2~3 auras.

As he already said, you really have to have the Mana Efficiency nodes 'Charisma' and the Mastery next to it to be able to implement Determination into the build. That's why the guide states the following: "Note: Only use Determination if you already have reached level 43 AND if you have an Enduring Mana Flask (Reminder: 'Enduring Mana Flask' means that the flask has the modifier 'Flask effect is not removed when Unreserved Mana is Filled'). Otherwise level the gem until you fulfill both requirements. The reason: If you use Determination without fulfilling mentioned requirements, you will suffer a lot from not having mana to use skills!"

At level 43, you should normally have named nodes skilled. I hope this will help you. I will change the wording to be more specific (since you won't be the only one having this problem, I assume).

Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2022, 2:56:06 AM
"
Deathbrin9er wrote:
Hey man, excellent guide you have prepared here...I have started to respec into this build after my wonky start with cyclone..

After looking at build and tweaking a bit in PoB I created this: https://pastebin.com/zjknuxzH

Can you please please take a look at this and tell me if there is any merit to going this tree instead of yours. The damage numbers look fine but I am not sure if defensive layer is similar to what your build has..

Also, I have a question...is it ok if we do not have 100% hit rate for this build?? Never played bow build before, so I've no idea about it.

Once again thanks alot for this detailed guide and keeping it up to date.

As far as I can see, you've traded 8k evasion & 7k armour for +100k dps. Overall, I don't think that's a benefit compared to the original tree ;).

On top of that I've noticed that you've invested 3 points into 'Clever Thief' and the mastery next to it. I'm not sure what your goal is here. If it's about the additional damage, I'd rather invest these 3 points into 'Wasting'. If it's about the attack damage life leech, don't pick this (since this build doesn't scale attack damage at all). If it's about the life/mana gain on hit, you can just pick this one (but is it really needed?).

That all being said - in the end - your skill tree just shows that you have plenty of options in terms of adjusting it to the needs and likes of different player types. I don't see a major flaw (provided I have interpreted your motives correctly), so I encourage you (and everyone else) to test things out ;)

PS: Hit chance isn't that impotant here.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2022, 3:40:15 AM
Do I craft the "mid-endgame bow" with the The Porcupine or Imperial Legacy divination cards? The Imperial Bow has twice the item level so I'd assume you'd go with that one?
"
Chace1 wrote:
Do I craft the "mid-endgame bow" with the The Porcupine or Imperial Legacy divination cards? The Imperial Bow has twice the item level so I'd assume you'd go with that one?

The Porcupine cards provide a Short Bow with 1.5 attacks per second. The Imperial Legacy cards provide an Imperial Bow with 1.45 attacks per second. Therefore, The Porcupine provides a slightly (!) better base. Use whichever you get earlier/faster/cheaper.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2022, 6:25:15 AM
Hey, good work on the build I'm enjoying it although struggling with 4l at 10t maps because I haven't farmed porcupine yet (ssf).
And I'm wondering a little with the tree, could you help?
- why do we use projectile dmg clusters instead of chaos
- POB says that we don't really benefit much from projectile speed mastery (is this true)?

Thanks
"
Xanidro wrote:
Hey, good work on the build I'm enjoying it although struggling with 4l at 10t maps because I haven't farmed porcupine yet (ssf).
And I'm wondering a little with the tree, could you help?
- why do we use projectile dmg clusters instead of chaos
- POB says that we don't really benefit much from projectile speed mastery (is this true)?

Thanks

Wait, you play in T10 maps with a 4L? I guess you were super unlucky then. You should have at least a 5-link by then. Normally I would say that you should farm the Blood Aqueducts to get a Tabula Rasa as soon as possible, but currently exists a very easy strategy to get a Tabula Rasa:

1) Find Petrified Monsters (e.g. Berserker, Frenzied) while progressing the campaign
2) If you've found 1-2 of the named Petrified Monsters, create a new character
3) Go to The Tidal Island in Act 1
4) Place the named Petrified Monsters into the Archnemesis statue (Note: There should be two statues in this area. Place one of the above named Petrified Monsters into the first one and a random one in the second one). Then, finish the encounter.
5) Repeat until you have the Tabula Rasa

Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 8, 2022, 8:50:18 AM
I checked my TR champion in standard, from 47k chaos damage per second (TR lvl 31) I losed 10k ! And the +35% dmg if we use totem+bow vanished... It's a huge nerf :( and 47k was not so powerful vs Sirus AL8, just average, so I'm not convinced to continue the adventure with this dude, this game, even I reach the top end game gear the dps will be too low, I'm bored of nerfs, bored to lose my time, I would have apreciated if they simply warn us : don't play TR this league !

Or maybe I'm wrong and there are many new things I ignore ?! How much chaos dmg/s do you reach with Toxic Rain guys ?
-
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 9, 2022, 1:12:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info