[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Thanks gonna buy all of those

Would I use the main skill or the secondary skill in the 6 link tabula?

Would ring type matter much? probably gonna buy double praxis so I dont have to spam mana pots
"
brbdinner wrote:
Thanks gonna buy all of those

Would I use the main skill or the secondary skill in the 6 link tabula?

Would ring type matter much? probably gonna buy double praxis so I dont have to spam mana pots

Main skill into the Tabula; Praxis is fine, but you miss out on life then.
Hey Fezz,

First time poe player here and really enjoying the guide so far. im finally into early Tier 1 maps and loving the tankyness and damage profile of the build. Thanks for holding my hand so far!

Any insights into how we should interact with the current league mechanic? Are there certain tattoos/items that would be beneficial for this build?

Or should I just be looking for stuff that complements the tankiness/damage profile (i.e. mods you mention for scaling damage) etc?

Thanks again for all the hard work you have put in!
"
Pytorchy wrote:
Hey Fezz,

First time poe player here and really enjoying the guide so far. im finally into early Tier 1 maps and loving the tankyness and damage profile of the build. Thanks for holding my hand so far!

Any insights into how we should interact with the current league mechanic? Are there certain tattoos/items that would be beneficial for this build?

Or should I just be looking for stuff that complements the tankiness/damage profile (i.e. mods you mention for scaling damage) etc?

Thanks again for all the hard work you have put in!

I didn't engage with the mechanic or tatoos yet, but my recommendation would be to check if the tatoos provide modifiers which are listed on both the damage or survivability scaling (as you already assumed correctly).
Hi, just finished the campaign, had a great time once Toxic rain was online and mana no longer an issue. Didn't help myself with the early tabula 6L from A2 onwards in that regard though.

I got a lucky div drop so have some currency to equip myself for mapping now, what order would you prioritise upgrades in other than capping res ofc, I'm currently using a tabula 6L and quill ran 4L, would the priority now be to get a decent corrupted 6L body with that 1div rather than running tabula? or should I focus on crafting the 6L bow first?

Last edited by brbdinner on Aug 22, 2023, 7:32:13 PM
"
brbdinner wrote:
Hi, just finished the campaign, had a great time once Toxic rain was online and mana no longer an issue. Didn't help myself with the early tabula 6L from A2 onwards in that regard though.

I got a lucky div drop so have some currency to equip myself for mapping now, what order would you prioritise upgrades in other than capping res ofc, I'm currently using a tabula 6L and quill ran 4L, would the priority now be to get a decent corrupted 6L body with that 1div rather than running tabula? or should I focus on crafting the 6L bow first?

Check the endgame milestones. They pretty much give you all info you need how to spend you currency the best (TL;DR Vaal Molten Shell -> Viridian Jewels -> Medium Cluster Jewels -> Large Cluster Jewels)

Since you already have a Quill Rain and a Tabula, you can skip both the 6-link and the bow crafting milestones - approx. until you reach red maps.

Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 23, 2023, 6:34:03 AM
Hey again Fezz,

Does Mid-game start at yellow maps (T6+ maps)? im trying to best gauge when I should start spending currency on upgrading my character - ive gotten a head start on 20% quality gems, but just curious when I should update the rest of my gear. For reference, I've cleared all the maps up to and including T5 and starting doing 1 or 2 maps in T6 (you can certainly feel the difference from T5 to T6)

Also, in terms of finding the 'correct' gear, should we be looking at the items section in the linked PoB? And then searching for the specified modifiers, armor values etc on the path of exile trading website?

Also, I noticed that in the items listed in PoB, I cannot see item level - is this something I should keep an eye out for or is it implicitly linked to other things I would already be filtering for (i.e. modifiers/armor values).

I noticed that in the PoB, in the items section, other than 'Weapon 1', all the other slots simply lists (R-R-R-R-R-R) as the links - however, this doesn't match up with the guide which has us wearing a variety of colored sockets (e.g. G-G-R-R as a 4 link for totems).

Lastly, since this is my first PoE adventure, I'm already learning a ton but I do like the idea of using the currency I farm/exchange to obtain chaos which I can then spend on gear to power up my character, via trading (as opposed to diving too deep into crafting etc) - is there a recommended Atlas skill tree for those of us who want to be currency farming bots? :p

Thanks again!
Thank you!
"
Pytorchy wrote:
Does Mid-game start at yellow maps (T6+ maps)? im trying to best gauge when I should start spending currency on upgrading my character - ive gotten a head start on 20% quality gems, but just curious when I should update the rest of my gear. For reference, I've cleared all the maps up to and including T5 and starting doing 1 or 2 maps in T6 (you can certainly feel the difference from T5 to T6)

Yellow maps and early red maps are considered as mid endgame, but there is no clear cut.

"
Pytorchy wrote:
Also, in terms of finding the 'correct' gear, should we be looking at the items section in the linked PoB? And then searching for the specified modifiers, armor values etc on the path of exile trading website?

Correct, you can either check the PoB or the endgame items section (which is more in-depth since it explains you how to acquire/craft the items, if you don't want to or can't buy them).

"
Pytorchy wrote:
Also, I noticed that in the items listed in PoB, I cannot see item level - is this something I should keep an eye out for or is it implicitly linked to other things I would already be filtering for (i.e. modifiers/armor values).

Item levels are important for some items, if you want to craft them yourself. Check the endgame item section for details.

"
Pytorchy wrote:
I noticed that in the PoB, in the items section, other than 'Weapon 1', all the other slots simply lists (R-R-R-R-R-R) as the links - however, this doesn't match up with the guide which has us wearing a variety of colored sockets (e.g. G-G-R-R as a 4 link for totems).

That's on me. I recently added the mid endgame items and didn't think of the sockets colors. This has been fixed now, thank you.

"
Pytorchy wrote:
Lastly, since this is my first PoE adventure, I'm already learning a ton but I do like the idea of using the currency I farm/exchange to obtain chaos which I can then spend on gear to power up my character, via trading (as opposed to diving too deep into crafting etc) - is there a recommended Atlas skill tree for those of us who want to be currency farming bots? :p

The full potential of currency farming unlocks once you have collected (almost) all Atlas skill tree points, so it's recommended to follow the default Atlas skill tree until then. After that, it totally depends on your perferences. I'd recommend checking out some farming strategies on YouTube. I personally am quite successful with this Blight farming strategy this league, for example.

Cheers

Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 23, 2023, 9:52:19 AM
"
Thank you!

You're welcome ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info