[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Mumuzet wrote:
Hi fezz. Great job on this guide! I'm having a lot of fun with this Champion so far. Thinking to play it in the next league, but got a concern about Int required for the blue gems - for example Malevolence requires 98 Int for level 20. Should I use some INT modifiers on my gear or the idea is not to max those gems? I'm sorry if it's already mentioned somewhere in the guide and I missed it.
EDIT: I realized the INT can be easily achieved. So the question is irrelevant.

Also what are your thoughts of using Tabula rasa +2 to Projectile gems with the +15% life node from Life mastery?

Hey, thanks! ;)

In regards to the Tabula Rasa: It depends ...

- Do you already have a 6-link for your main skill setup? If the answer is no, I would use Tabula Rasa because having a 6-link is super valuable.

- Are you capped for both elemental resistances and chaos resistance when using Tabula Rasa? If the answer is no, I wouldn't use it because you can get a body armour with elemental resistances and/or chaos resistance.

- Are you capped for Spell Suppression when using Tabula Rasa? If the answer is no, I wouldn't use it because you can get a body armour with Spell Suppression.

- Are you feeling like you have enough defense? If the answer is no, I wouldn't use it because body armours provide a lot of armour.

I hope this helps ;)

Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 14, 2023, 7:12:25 AM

// Update - 17.08.23
- Several improvements to the campaign section of the guide have been made.
Would "Wilma's Requital Circlet" be good with this build? Combined with the champ skill "First to strike, Last to Fall" for "Adrenaline Buff" (will use corrupting fever to get the buff) and also the item "Perseverance Vanguard Belt" for "Onslaught Buff"

Note* Planning to remove the "Conqueror" Champ skill

If you think this would be viable, do you have additional tip or suggestion for me if ever I tried this? Thanks and more Power!

(Great Guide Sir! Thumbs Up!)
Last edited by Melrom4444 on Aug 18, 2023, 7:53:28 AM
"
Melrom4444 wrote:
Would "Wilma's Requital Circlet" be good with this build? Combined with the champ skill "First to strike, Last to Fall" for "Adrenaline Buff" (will use corrupting fever to get the buff) and also the item "Perseverance Vanguard Belt" for "Onslaught Buff"

Note* Planning to remove the "Conqueror" Champ skill

If you think this would be viable, do you have additional tip or suggestion for me if ever I tried this? Thanks and more Power!

(Great Guide Sir! Thumbs Up!)

- Wilma's Requital Ciproviderclet is extremely bad for this build. It pretty much breaks the build because this build is not a totem build. It just uses Totems as an additional damage source while your main damage comes from self-cast Toxic Rain. When euipping Wilma's Requital Ciproviderclet you get Ancestral Bond which provides "You can't deal Damage with Skills yourself" and which is negating all your self-cast Toxic Rain damage.

- Trading Conqueror with First to Strike means that you lose '10% reduced Damage taken' & 'Enemies Taunted by you deal 20% less Damage' (which applies to you as well, not only your totems). If you want to trade that for the Adrenaline buff, go for it, but I wouldn't do it. (How would you get Adrenaline via CF? Never palyed the skill so I would learn something here :D)

- With Perseverance Vanguard Belt you lose flat life, resistances and chaos resistances and a jewel socket (due to not having a Stygian Vide belt). It's not worth it, in my opinion (and if I'm not mistaken you could theoretically get Onslaught via a boots craft, or?).

Cheers
PS: Thanks

Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 18, 2023, 8:36:25 AM
Would love to try it out
"
mciltis wrote:
Would love to try it out

Then go for it? ;)
Do you have an updated POB for 3.22? the one linked is outdated. I find following the skill tree much easier using it then the image. Thanks

"
brbdinner wrote:
Do you have an updated POB for 3.22? the one linked is outdated. I find following the skill tree much easier using it then the image. Thanks

The PoB is updated for 3.22. Which link are you using?
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
brbdinner wrote:

Apologises my dumb ass forgot to update my POB on this laptop which is why it was saying that, works now thanks

One other question, I just got lucky and got a 50chaos unique drop on Act 2, is it worth buying a tabula so I can now go 6 link main skill asoon as I use toxic rain?,

Are there any other good lvling uniques other than ones mentioned in the guide to buy for the build early, like rings etc that wont be to expensive also?
Last edited by brbdinner on Aug 20, 2023, 9:59:34 AM
"
brbdinner wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
brbdinner wrote:

Apologises my dumb ass forgot to update my POB on this laptop which is why it was saying that, works now thanks

One other question, I just got lucky and got a 50chaos unique drop on Act 2, is it worth buying a tabula so I can now go 6 link main skill asoon as I use toxic rain?,

Are there any other good lvling uniques other than ones mentioned in the guide to buy for the build early, like rings etc that wont be to expensive also?

Lucky you ;)

I'd recommend buying all of the following:

- 4-link Quill Rain
- Tabula Rasa
- Goldrim
- Wanderlust
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 20, 2023, 10:24:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info