[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Ddthorn wrote:
Hey boss its me again, i finally made some upgrades and adjustments:

https://pobb.in/aUwZAD8NepR-
https://poe.ninja/pob/ZyN

im having a bit of trouble at the moment. the guide says i need 39% area . no more no less. And im confused because in my stats, it says i have 20% when i have 11% from one toxic rain and 10% from the other. My assumption is that i have 31% and i need 8% more. the only thing i need to upgrade now is my Gloves i believe, and i have the full end game build i think. Any observations you have?
I am currently working on getting 3 passives on the crucible Tree. Also what did you mean when you said i had 1.9million dps? i cant find that number anywhere. where im i now? lol

In terms of AoE, your assumption is wrong: Your Toxic Rain skills are not additive in regards to AoE, meaning the AoE is calculated independently for each of them.

To give you an example, imagine the following:

1. You have 10% increased AoE from any other source, except from gems
2. Your Toxic Rain MAIN SKILL (self-cast) has 20% quality and therefore +10% increased Aoe
3. Your Toxic Rain SECONDARY SKILL (totems) has 10% quality and therefore +5% increased AoE

As a result, your MAIN SKILL would have a total of 20% Aoe (10% from the gem, 10% from other sources) and your SECONDARY SKILL would have 15% Aoe (5% from the gem, 10% from other sources).

That being said, you want to aim for having 39% AoE for both of them, meaning you want to have 20% quality gems (= +10% increased AOE) for both your main skill and your secondary skill AND 29% increased AoE from any other sources. The default way to achieve this is to take the Bow Mastery (+20% increased AoE) and to craft +9% increased AoE on any of your items (e.g. amulet or gloves).

----

In regards to your DPS number: If you have set-up your PoB correctly, you get the exact numbers of how much damage you do. In order to set-up your PoB correctly you have to to the following:

1. Activate "Include in Full DPS" for both your main and secondary skill. You can find the respective option on the top right side if you select the respective skill in the skills tab of the PoB.

2. Set '# of Overlapping Pods" to 5. You can find the respective option in the configuration tab of the PoB.

3. Set '# of Withered Stacks' to 15. You can find the respective option in the configuration tab of the PoB.

4. Set boss difficulty to 'Guardian/Pinnacle boss'. You can find the respective option in the configuration tab of the PoB.

Now, you can see your Full DPS on the left bottom side of your PoB.

That being said, you can find your correctly set-up PoB here. Your current Full DPS is 3.5 million so you are progressing great ;)
"
fezz8386 wrote:

2. Set '# of Overlapping Pods" to 5. You can find the respective option in the configuration tab of the PoB.

Is this right? Don't you mean set Toxic Rain Ballista Totem to 5 copies (on the skills tab), not "# of overlapping pods? I don't imagine all 5 pods are hitting the target with each attack.
"
lasagnaman wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:

Is this right? Don't you mean set Toxic Rain Ballista Totem to 5 copies (on the skills tab), not "# of overlapping pods? I don't imagine all 5 pods are hitting the target with each attack.

They do (but it's not a hit because it's a DoT effect). Each pod does damage and this damage is additive.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 28, 2023, 5:50:41 AM
Quick question about end-game flasks: Once I have a jewel with "Cannot have Corrupted Blood", is it still important to have a flask mod to prevent bleeding? Or is it not as important and we can free up a suffix for like poison or attack speed or something?
"
lasagnaman wrote:
Quick question about end-game flasks: Once I have a jewel with "Cannot have Corrupted Blood", is it still important to have a flask mod to prevent bleeding? Or is it not as important and we can free up a suffix for like poison or attack speed or something?

Yes, once you have immunity to Corrupted Blood, you can get another mod. I would recommend ignite / burning immunity.
Hi, i didn't understand one thing. Why is vaal molten shell linked with cast when damage taken support? Cast when damage taken should not support vaal molten shell or not?

At least, here https://pobb.in/YmvFdS3O19lv we have vaal version
Last edited by Ramio91 on May 3, 2023, 8:12:05 PM
"
Ramio91 wrote:
Hi, i didn't understand one thing. Why is vaal molten shell linked with cast when damage taken support? Cast when damage taken should not support vaal molten shell or not?

As explained here, you get both the normal version (which is triggered by CWDT) and the Vaal version (which you can use actively) by using Vaal Molten Shell.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 4, 2023, 2:29:27 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Ramio91 wrote:

As explained here, you get both the normal version (which is triggered by CWDT) and the Vaal version (which you can use actively) by using Vaal Molten Shell.

But with the Vaal we have got both spells: the normal and the vaal version. Does CWDT trigger the normal spell at least or it doesn't work since it's a vaal gem?

Which version you think is better?
"
Ramio91 wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Ramio91 wrote:

But with the Vaal we have got both spells: the normal and the vaal version. Does CWDT trigger the normal spell at least or it doesn't work since it's a vaal gem?

Which version you think is better?

As I said, you have both versions available to you when you use Vaal Molten Shell. The normal version is triggered by your Cast When Damage Taken Support (just as before) and you get the Vaal version as an active skill ON TOP of that.
For the Endgame bow craft, why do we target T1 DoT Multi as our alt-spam suffix, isn't T1 attack speed more damage? Local attack speed on a weapon is basically 19% more damage, no? What am I misunderstanding?

And as a side/minor benefit, it has a higher weight vs the T1 DoT Multi (500 vs 300) so fewer alts used as well :)

EDIT: Looks like this was mentioned last year but not sure if the discussion went anywhere:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Plyte wrote:
Just an FYI, the bow crafting guide is a little out of date. With the DoT Multi nerfs on bows, T1 attack speed beats out T1 DoT Multi by far.

Hm ... you're not wrong about the fact that AS is actually better, but I wouldn't say it beats DoT "by far" - at least PoB doesn't tell me so. Do you have more insights?

In my testing with PoB, 19% Attack speed is 18.1% more damage, and 26% DoT Multi is around 14.3% more damage (imgur link). So, I wouldn't say "by far" either, but there is no point to aim for a rarer affix with (even slightly) worse damage.

This relation (that ASpd > DotM) holds no matter what gem links and stuff you use since both stats scale all of your damage (both you and totems). Moreover, the difference is only going to get bigger as you accumulate potentially more DoT Multi from other sources; the 26% is a smaller fraction of your overall DoT Multi. In comparison, local attack speed on the weapon is *always* going to give 18.1% more damage.
Last edited by lasagnaman on May 5, 2023, 10:37:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info