[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:

There's no simultaneous use of Malevolence and Herald of Ash. You use Herald of Ash UNTIL you have Malevolence (and get rid of Herald of Ash once you use Malevolence). Easy as that ;) (That's why it says "Until then, use Herald of Ash instead").

I don't understand if I'm not saying right or you aren't reading it right... I'm not using Herald of Ash anymore. Its been replaced by Malevolence in the build per the end of Act 3 notes. I'm using Herald of Purity, you never say to get rid of it in the guide so that's what I'm asking; does it stay or does it go? I'm also using Malevolence and Determination because that's what the guide says to switch to once I have the bow. With all 3 aura's that's 115.75% mana reservation so all 3 can't be active.
Last edited by SirWalterTheBra on Apr 25, 2023, 11:12:12 AM
"
"
fezz8386 wrote:

There's no simultaneous use of Malevolence and Herald of Ash. You use Herald of Ash UNTIL you have Malevolence (and get rid of Herald of Ash once you use Malevolence). Easy as that ;) (That's why it says "Until then, use Herald of Ash instead").

I don't understand if I'm not saying right or you aren't reading it right... I'm not using Herald of Ash anymore. Its been replaced by Malevolence in the build per the end of Act 3 notes. I'm using Herald of Purity, you never say to get rid of it in the guide so that's what I'm asking; does it stay or does it go? I'm also using Malevolence and Determination because that's what the guide says to switch to once I have the bow. With all 3 aura's that's 115.75% mana reservation so all 3 can't be active.

In the Act 3 section, the guide says:

"
1. Store or sell all the gems you don’t need anymore

The gems you don’t need anymore are:
(G) Shattering Steel
(R) Chance to Bleed Support
(G) Momentum Support
(R) War Banner
(R) Ancestral Protector
(R) Maim Support
(R) Herald of Purity
"
Dethdrek wrote:
"
"
fezz8386 wrote:

"

(G) Shattering Steel
(G) Momentum Support
(R) War Banner
(R) Ancestral Protector
(R) Maim Support
(R) Herald of Purity

Well, I'm a dipshit. Sorry, my bad. I read the guide like 5 times yesterday and I missed that.

EDIT: author updated the webpage

Thanks for getting back to me. I do appreciate how new user friendly the guide is.
Last edited by SirWalterTheBra on Apr 25, 2023, 2:43:41 PM
"
Dethdrek wrote:
"
"
fezz8386 wrote:

"

(G) Shattering Steel
(G) Momentum Support
(R) War Banner
(R) Ancestral Protector
(R) Maim Support
(R) Herald of Purity

Uhm, last point? Anyway: You use Malevolence and Determination as your base auras. Then, if you can fit it in, you can use Vitality as an additional aura. Not less, not more. No Heralds at all from that point on, ever.

Edit: Nevermind :D
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 11:45:06 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Dethdrek wrote:

"

(G) Shattering Steel
(G) Momentum Support
(R) War Banner
(R) Ancestral Protector
(R) Maim Support
(R) Herald of Purity

Uhm, last point? Anyway: You use Malevolence and Determination as your base auras. Then, if you can fit it in, you can use Vitality as an additional aura. Not less, not more. No Heralds at all from that point on, ever.

Edit: Nevermind :D

Hmm...I legitimately read the guide 5 times in Act3 and I also used the search function within the guide and I knew it wasn't there. I used web archive and checked your guide to an earlier date this month. That last line was not there previously, did you just update it?

https://web.archive.org/web/20230402181302/https://poe-beginner-guide.com/toxic-rain-champion/campaign/act-3/

Code states it was last modified today; must be localized time.
article:modified_time" content="2023-04-25T13:55:22+00:00
Last edited by SirWalterTheBra on Apr 25, 2023, 12:10:35 PM
"

Hmm...I legitimately read the guide 5 times in Act3 and I also used the search function within the guide and I knew it wasn't there. I used web archive and checked your guide to an earlier date this month. That last line was not there previously, did you just update it?

https://web.archive.org/web/20230402181302/https://poe-beginner-guide.com/toxic-rain-champion/campaign/act-3/

Code states it was last modified today; must be localized time.
article:modified_time" content="2023-04-25T13:55:22+00:00

Yes, I've "updated it" (the guide never stated to continue using HoP but it also never mentioned getting rid of it so there was a potential loop hole) and before I could answer you you've quoted the updated guide so I just reacted to this rather than explaining that the guide was updated. The result is the same: Malevolence + Determination + Vitality (if possible) is your aura setup from act 3 onwards.

PS: If that added confusion, I apologize!
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 25, 2023, 8:26:46 PM
Hey, wanted to get a quick double check on my work here to make sure I'm not missing anything. The guide suggests to get hunter influenced gloves with T1 Chaos DotMulti (and of course life and AtkSpd are also important mods). However, I realize that influenced items can't use eldritch implicits.

Here are the gloves I'm using now:

POB says that my gloves are only about 1% total DPS less than 20% DoT multi and benchcraft attack speed, and about 5% less than 20% Multi + T1 attack speed. Given the effort required to roll the Hunter Gloves, am I right in thinking that I can hold off on upgrading my gloves for now? Only hitting T1 multi and T1 life, for example (without an open suffix for ASpd) is actually *less* DPS than my current pair.

Am I only in this spot because I got really lucky with fractured T1 life (so I can just use zeal essences)? Is there anything else I'm missing that would indicate I should switch to the hunter gloves as soon as reasonably possible?
Last edited by lasagnaman on Apr 26, 2023, 2:15:00 PM
"
lasagnaman wrote:
Hey, wanted to get a quick double check on my work here to make sure I'm not missing anything. The guide suggests to get hunter influenced gloves with T1 Chaos DotMulti (and of course life and AtkSpd are also important mods). However, I realize that influenced items can't use eldritch implicits.

Here are the gloves I'm using now:

POB says that my gloves are only about 1% total DPS less than 20% DoT multi and benchcraft attack speed, and about 5% less than 20% Multi + T1 attack speed. Given the effort required to roll the Hunter Gloves, am I right in thinking that I can hold off on upgrading my gloves for now? Only hitting T1 multi and T1 life, for example (without an open suffix for ASpd) is actually *less* DPS than my current pair.

Am I only in this spot because I got really lucky with fractured T1 life (so I can just use zeal essences)? Is there anything else I'm missing that would indicate I should switch to the hunter gloves as soon as reasonably possible?

Your gloves are pretty good and if you have other slots left to improve I would focus on these rather than the gloves.

Reminder: You can use Exalted Orbs on your gloves to add 2 additional mods.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 26, 2023, 5:39:08 PM
Yeah, I could use exalts but there's very little to gain; I'm basically hoping for +armour/evasion as most of the other prefixes are useless (added damage for example).
Hey boss its me again, i finally made some upgrades and adjustments:

https://pobb.in/aUwZAD8NepR-
https://poe.ninja/pob/ZyN

im having a bit of trouble at the moment. the guide says i need 39% area . no more no less. And im confused because in my stats, it says i have 20% when i have 11% from one toxic rain and 10% from the other. My assumption is that i have 31% and i need 8% more. the only thing i need to upgrade now is my Gloves i believe, and i have the full end game build i think. Any observations you have?
I am currently working on getting 3 passives on the crucible Tree. Also what did you mean when you said i had 1.9million dps? i cant find that number anywhere. where im i now? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info