[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Just wanted to say I'm having a ton of fun w/this build and so far can do all content (so far, have not attempted maven or Sirus, who I hate). I have not played a bow build in a league since (this is not to be believed but I think it's right: Prophecy!)

Thanks for all the work! And I still say it's a great guide, probably one of the best in existence. Not just for n00bs either. There is plenty of stuff for people like me that know the game mechanics in general but not this type of build all that well.
Censored.
"
lasagnaman wrote:
For the Endgame bow craft, why do we target T1 DoT Multi as our alt-spam suffix, isn't T1 attack speed more damage? Local attack speed on a weapon is basically 19% more damage, no? What am I misunderstanding?

And as a side/minor benefit, it has a higher weight vs the T1 DoT Multi (500 vs 300) so fewer alts used as well :)

EDIT: Looks like this was mentioned last year but not sure if the discussion went anywhere:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Plyte wrote:
Just an FYI, the bow crafting guide is a little out of date. With the DoT Multi nerfs on bows, T1 attack speed beats out T1 DoT Multi by far.

Hm ... you're not wrong about the fact that AS is actually better, but I wouldn't say it beats DoT "by far" - at least PoB doesn't tell me so. Do you have more insights?

In my testing with PoB, 19% Attack speed is 18.1% more damage, and 26% DoT Multi is around 14.3% more damage (imgur link). So, I wouldn't say "by far" either, but there is no point to aim for a rarer affix with (even slightly) worse damage.

This relation (that ASpd > DotM) holds no matter what gem links and stuff you use since both stats scale all of your damage (both you and totems). Moreover, the difference is only going to get bigger as you accumulate potentially more DoT Multi from other sources; the 26% is a smaller fraction of your overall DoT Multi. In comparison, local attack speed on the weapon is *always* going to give 18.1% more damage.

Thanks for the insides. I will update the guide accordingly for the next league.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Just wanted to say I'm having a ton of fun w/this build and so far can do all content (so far, have not attempted maven or Sirus, who I hate). I have not played a bow build in a league since (this is not to be believed but I think it's right: Prophecy!)

Thanks for all the work! And I still say it's a great guide, probably one of the best in existence. Not just for n00bs either. There is plenty of stuff for people like me that know the game mechanics in general but not this type of build all that well.

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback ;)
This is the best Beginner Guide for PoE and it should even be promoted by GGG for new players!

But I would like to ask one question for clarification:
On your Website in the Milestone section you've written that we should upgrade our pantheons: Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Garukhan.

This Listed has the first thing to upgrade is the 30% increased Stun and Block Recovery for Soul of the Brine King.
But since we use unstoppable hero in combination with fortify from the Ascendancy we are stun immune. So upgrading the 30% increased Stun and Block Recovery as the first priority doesnt make sense to me and I would rather upgrade the freeze immuinty first. Or is there any benefit that I'm missing?
"
Shyney wrote:
upgrade our pantheons: Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Garukhan.
This Listed has the first thing to upgrade is the 30% increased Stun and Block Recovery for Soul of the Brine King.
But since we use unstoppable hero in combination with fortify from the Ascendancy we are stun immune. So upgrading the 30% increased Stun and Block Recovery as the first priority doesnt make sense to me and I would rather upgrade the freeze immuinty first. Or is there any benefit that I'm missing?

It's the "first thing" not because it's most important but because they are listed in map tier order.
"
Shyney wrote:
This is the best Beginner Guide for PoE and it should even be promoted by GGG for new players!

But I would like to ask one question for clarification:
On your Website in the Milestone section you've written that we should upgrade our pantheons: Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Garukhan.

Thanks, mate ;)

In terms of Pantheons: As lasagnaman pointed out already, it's just the fact that the Pantheons are listed by cronological order of map tiers.
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 9, 2023, 8:56:29 AM
Thanks so much for the guide.
My first ever league/character and had a blast building the character.
Thought I would never make it to the end game gear, buying a bow for 5+ divines and running rare t16 maps, but turns out currency is much easier to earn with access to atlas maps and charged compasses.
I just need to learn how to use that damage/build simulator to figure out my dps and what tweaks to make.
Found a crucible node that allocated farsight which seemed to tick a few of the boxes for damage scaling.

One question I had, and I’m not in game now so it could just be my terrible memory but I seem to recall the corruption anointment only give +20% increase to wither, not 35% mentioned in the guide. Am I tripping balls, or has it been recently nerfed and if so, would there be a better option to choose?
Last edited by Dazzaa88 on May 16, 2023, 5:08:28 AM
"
Dazzaa88 wrote:
Thanks so much for the guide.
My first ever league/character and had a blast building the character.
Thought I would never make it to the end game gear, buying a bow for 5+ divines and running rare t16 maps, but turns out currency is much easier to earn with access to atlas maps and charged compasses.
I just need to learn how to use that damage/build simulator to figure out my dps and what tweaks to make.
Found a crucible node that allocated farsight which seemed to tick a few of the boxes for damage scaling.

One question I had, and I’m not in game now so it could just be my terrible memory but I seem to recall the corruption anointment only give +20% increase to wither, not 35% mentioned in the guide. Am I tripping balls, or has it been recently nerfed and if so, would there be a better option to choose?

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Regarding your question: As you've guessed correctly, this is a remnant of the past. 'Corruption' has been nerfed in 3.21 and now only gives +7.9% Full DPS. Therefore, Potency of Will (+10.8% Full DPS) or Atrophy (+9.1% Fulls DPS) are actually better options. I will update the guide accordingly next league. Many thanks for the hint!
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 16, 2023, 5:34:58 AM
"

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Regarding your question: As you've guessed correctly, this is a remnant of the past. 'Corruption' has been nerfed in 3.21 and now only gives +7.9% Full DPS. Therefore, Potency of Will (+10.8% Full DPS) or Atrophy (+9.1% Fulls DPS) are actually better options. I will update the guide accordingly next league. Many thanks for the hint!

Cheers mate, i've update my amulet - also figured out how PoB works :-)
Still a bit of a work in progress with the gear but slowly getting there!

https://pobb.in/ZSZMoueDor4F

Last edited by Dazzaa88 on May 16, 2023, 8:56:02 AM
Ok im switching to the grace setup. And Im out of space for defiance banner. What am i missing?
Last edited by punisher34 on May 16, 2023, 6:09:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info