[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Trindokor wrote:
Thank you!

I have noticed that you wen't back to using Vitality in your End-Game setup (as grace is no longer possible - makes sense). However with that you are down to 50 unreserved mana. Have noticed the same when I prepared for next patch.

As it stands now I would rather kick CWDT out (manual Molten Shell on Left Click works quite well for me), put Blood Rage in its place and put an Enlighten in my Aura Setup.

Or can you really play comfortably with just 50 mana left?

It is possible to run grace too. You need devouring diadem and the mastery that improves grace's mana reservation, enlighten 3, and swap the toxic rain enchant for determination reservation enchant (or malevolence i guess). Check my 3.18 pob, convert to 3.19, still works running all five auras. Devouring diadem is a relatively common drop from mastermind. I don't use blood rage, but I'd probably run 2-3 grand spectrums to gain frenzy charges in 3.19. I didn't even bother with frenzy charges in 3.17/8.
Last edited by Thayaric on Aug 18, 2022, 7:14:53 PM
I can not understand why are we unskilling Fury Bolts? This build makes use of both projectile speed and projectile damage. Or just other nodes, that are taken in the skill tree, are simply better?
Please ELI5 :)
"
wrona wrote:
I can not understand why are we unskilling Fury Bolts? This build makes use of both projectile speed and projectile damage. Or just other nodes, that are taken in the skill tree, are simply better?

Sure, it does do *something*
But it's a dead end, it doesn't lead to anywhere. And all the other End-Notes you get to are doing much more in the end - either adding more DPS or survivabillity.
"
Trindokor wrote:
"
wrona wrote:

Sure, it does do *something*
But it's a dead end, it doesn't lead to anywhere. And all the other End-Notes you get to are doing much more in the end - either adding more DPS or survivabillity.

To add a bit more here: The build's skill tree almost has no damage scaling in the early game. In order to have at least a bit of damage scaling and thus be better prepared for the challenges in Act 2 (e.g. bandits) you take Fury Bolts which is a nice addition to the damage increase you get by using the axe vendor recipes. That being said, as the campaign progresses and you switch to Toxic Rain, Fury Bolt just becomes less valuable than other nodes on the path to your final passive skill tree which is why it's recommended to reinvest these skill points.

On top of that it's a good opportunity to let new players experience the value/usage of an Orb of Regret.

PS: While Projectile Speed benefits Steel skills a bit, it's pretty much useless for Toxic Rain as it only increases the time between the usage of the skill and the impact of the arrow. It doesn't effect the rate at which the explosions or DoT damage happen - afaik.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 19, 2022, 11:39:21 AM
Fezz if nothings changed much in crafting I can write up for you later how to craft the double skills amulet, the double dot quiver, decent boots, rings and belt. For those pushing the build past basic gear.
"
Thayaric wrote:
Fezz if nothings changed much in crafting I can write up for you later how to craft the double skills amulet, the double dot quiver, decent boots, rings and belt. For those pushing the build past basic gear.

Sure, let's have a chat in discord maybe tomorrow or the following days? Feel free to add me: fezz#3017 - cheers!
Hey, thanks for this excellent guide!

I've been playing for A WHILE, but I sometimes like to turn my brain off and just follow a set of clear instructions that allow me to crush my enemies and see them run before me, you know?

And this is pretty much exactly what I need right now - from the excellent PoB to the step-by-step instructions on your site, it's all just A+ Build Guiding, and I'm having more fun than I've ever had with a non-cyclone build so far (I did switch to TR a bit sooner than you recommended, and can't seem to stop myself overlevelling, but I'm having a great time).
"
Jaggedrain wrote:
Hey, thanks for this excellent guide!

I've been playing for A WHILE, but I sometimes like to turn my brain off and just follow a set of clear instructions that allow me to crush my enemies and see them run before me, you know?

And this is pretty much exactly what I need right now - from the excellent PoB to the step-by-step instructions on your site, it's all just A+ Build Guiding, and I'm having more fun than I've ever had with a non-cyclone build so far (I did switch to TR a bit sooner than you recommended, and can't seem to stop myself overlevelling, but I'm having a great time).

Thanks mate, really appreciate it ;)!
"
Thayaric wrote:

You could also provide this information to rest of us, willing to push this build below standard gear :)

Edit: One question regarding this part of build:

As soon as you have Multiple Totems Support, you can summon five totems in total, but using the skill will still only summon two of them. Therefore, you now have to press the skill twice to get the most out of it.
unquote

Is it accurate in 3.19? When I am pressing ballista I am summoning only one ballista per cast, so in above case I should cast it 5 times to get most out of this spell?
Last edited by wrona on Aug 22, 2022, 9:26:13 AM
"
wrona wrote:
"
Thayaric wrote:

You could also provide this information to rest of us, willing to push this build below standard gear :)

Edit: One question regarding this part of build:

As soon as you have Multiple Totems Support, you can summon five totems in total, but using the skill will still only summon two of them. Therefore, you now have to press the skill twice to get the most out of it.
unquote

Is it accurate in 3.19? When I am pressing ballista I am summoning only one ballista per cast, so in above case I should cast it 5 times to get most out of this spell?

May I asked where you found this quote?

I could only find the following quote here: "Note: As soon as you use Multiple Totems Support, you can summon more than two totems in total, but using the skill will still only summon two of them. Therefore, you now have to press the skill multiple times to get the most out of it. The total amount of totems you can summon depends on the level of the gem while the maximum amount with this build is 5." (it can absolutely be that your quote can be found somewhere else, so let me know :D)

This is still accurate (just tested it live).

Cheers ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 22, 2022, 9:44:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info