[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Hey!

After many many build to learn, yours is east to follow and applicable. Thank u for your support yo understand the game
"
a_poitato wrote:
Hello Fezz.

First and foremost, thanks a lot for your guide. I am very new to the game. I've put in about 30 hours so far, but I have had to restart because I get lost following other peoples' builds online. Yours is the closest thing to a step-by-step that I can find. Anyway, I know the league is ending soon but I'm committing myself to this build...that way I can at least get a good start in the next league.

I did have a question: I am in Act 1 and level 13, working on the quest The Way Forward. The way I am reading the POB passive skill tree, it says to take the Bow Damage with the chance to gain phasing on kill—but on the step-by-step guide, it says I will not be using a bow until level 33. Is this intentional?

I think maybe it is good to get them now because of how exp scaling at the higher level works? Is this correct? I am just following at the bottom of the "Tree" tab in POB, where it says [3.17]1, 2, 3, as I go.

Anyway, I can't tell you how much I really appreciate your hard work. It's made me feel like I'm being useful with my time even if I am going a little slow. I hope I am following it correctly, and I will try my best to make you proud! Cheers.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Regarding your question: The only reason you take the mentioned skills on the skill tree is to get a total of 16% chance to get phasing on kill (which applies no matter what weapon you use) since it's a very strong defensive layer due to the fact that you can walk through enemies and you are less targetable for them.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Jul 27, 2022, 4:49:51 AM
"
enginbulutlar wrote:
Hey!

After many many build to learn, yours is east to follow and applicable. Thank u for your support yo understand the game

Awesome to hear that!
Been using your guide and loving it - great way to play the game... until I saw the patch notes.

How do I make up for mana res mastery going away? is the 8% passive up the right side enough? where do you recommend we take those points from?

Would love your thoughts on it - and again, amazing guide m8.

Edit:

Made some changes to my build to drop mana res mastery ahead of the upcoming change. It works, but its a bit tighter. Had to crawl up the right side to get 8% small passive, and had to sacrafice herbalism and some hp to do it.

Also requires double mana res on helm (the mod, and a eater of worlds/searching exarch one - don't reacll which of the two).
Last edited by voxnor on Aug 3, 2022, 12:49:47 PM
"
voxnor wrote:
Been using your guide and loving it - great way to play the game... until I saw the patch notes.

How do I make up for mana res mastery going away? is the 8% passive up the right side enough? where do you recommend we take those points from?

Would love your thoughts on it - and again, amazing guide m8.

Edit:

Made some changes to my build to drop mana res mastery ahead of the upcoming change. It works, but its a bit tighter. Had to crawl up the right side to get 8% small passive, and had to sacrafice herbalism and some hp to do it.

Also requires double mana res on helm (the mod, and a eater of worlds/searching exarch one - don't reacll which of the two).

Before making any assumptions, I'll wait for the patch notes. Then, I will summarize both the manifesto and the patch notes and I will point out what changes and how to adapt to those changes.

PS: Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 5, 2022, 4:02:03 PM
// Update - 08.08.22
Added my thoughts regarding the Balance Manifest to the main post.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 9, 2022, 1:26:58 AM
I wanted to thank you for this extensive guide!
Your explanations regarding crafting the endgame items really has helped me a great deal in understanding how this crucial part of the game works.

I am now comfortably running up to t14 and depending on mods t15 and don't really die, which is a great change to my first build I did xD
For this to work I do however had to drop Malevolence and go Grace instead. I don't have the needed Mana-Reservation yet (and won't have anyway in a few days) to run both, so I feel like the added Defenses are much more important than the extra DPS - especially seeing how much a death costs you in terms of XP. Maybe when I learn to dodge a bit better I can swap them out again^^

With this, I do have 2 questions:
The belt lab-enchantment "Enemies withered by you have -6% Chao res"... Will that work with your totems applying Wither or would that only trigger on you using Withering Step? The other option for an enchantment would then of course be the "+300 armor while fortified".

And for the upcoming Mana-Reservation Changes, would it be worth it to annoint Sovereignity for the 12% ManaReserv. and 10% AuraEffect instead of the increased WitherEffect you are reommending right now?
It should help with both offsetting the nerfs to defiance banner and the loss of the 15% making the 3 Aura setup somewhat possible again, shouldn't it? Or would the loss of DPS be that substantial?
"
Trindokor wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this extensive guide!
Your explanations regarding crafting the endgame items really has helped me a great deal in understanding how this crucial part of the game works.

I am now comfortably running up to t14 and depending on mods t15 and don't really die, which is a great change to my first build I did xD
For this to work I do however had to drop Malevolence and go Grace instead. I don't have the needed Mana-Reservation yet (and won't have anyway in a few days) to run both, so I feel like the added Defenses are much more important than the extra DPS - especially seeing how much a death costs you in terms of XP. Maybe when I learn to dodge a bit better I can swap them out again^^

With this, I do have 2 questions:
The belt lab-enchantment "Enemies withered by you have -6% Chao res"... Will that work with your totems applying Wither or would that only trigger on you using Withering Step? The other option for an enchantment would then of course be the "+300 armor while fortified".

And for the upcoming Mana-Reservation Changes, would it be worth it to annoint Sovereignity for the 12% ManaReserv. and 10% AuraEffect instead of the increased WitherEffect you are reommending right now?
It should help with both offsetting the nerfs to defiance banner and the loss of the 15% making the 3 Aura setup somewhat possible again, shouldn't it? Or would the loss of DPS be that substantial?

Hey, thanks for your positive feedback!

Regaring your first question: If the general rules of PoE wording apply to the lab enchantment, it does not affect enemies withered by totems, but it does effect enemies withered by your Withering Step (as you've correctly assumed). As a consequence, the lab enchantment to go for is '"+300 armor while fortified', yes.

Regarding your second question: Using Sovereignity instead of Corruption as an annointment would be an option, yes, but you lose ~11,5% DoT DPS by doing so (at least with the 3.18 skill tree). Given that the damage of the build already is on the lower end, I'd rather drop Grace as an aura in the late endgame or try to get 2x mana reservation efficiency on helmet, for example.

On top of that: Let's see which options the patch notes will add.
// Update - 12.08.22
Added my thoughts regarding the patch notes to the main post.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Aug 12, 2022, 1:23:49 PM
Any thought's on Trickster ES TR, as apposed to Champion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info