[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Update - 13.02.2022 - 4pm
- Due to the fact that the guide adresses new players, the tasks related to 'Leap Slam' and 'Smoke Mine' were removed in order to not add additional - and unnecessary - complexity.
- Added a loot filter task to the 'Endgame Basics' section to provide filters which are more strict than the one used in the campaign.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 13, 2022, 10:32:33 AM
Hi. Fantastic guide, you are the best. Please update the flask section for the current league. And how did you get around without the freeze removal flask?
"
Allardais wrote:
Hi. Fantastic guide, you are the best. Please update the flask section for the current league. And how did you get around without the freeze removal flask?

Hmmm. What do you exactly mean with update? I just checked the section and it's still valid. The only thing that was missing were the names - the modifiers are the same (but I just added a note regarding modfiers to look out for).

In terms of Freeze Immunity: You will get Freeze Immunity when you upgrade your major Pantheon. Until then, you can have it on your Silver Flask, for example.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 13, 2022, 11:07:26 AM
In the game, in the Character Screen, at the Offence tab (when selecting weapon Toxic Rain), there is a line: "Poison Damage per second from Main Hand hits".

(Currently, for my level66 character, it shows "108-280".)

Is it a good stat? To use for maxing. (I mean simply equipping different gear pieces, and watching, which gives the maximal "Poison Damage per second from Main Hand hits".)

Build is going really smoothly for me so far. Only thing I'm having issues with is that in PoB for the late game setups your reserved mana % is much lower than mine with a similar setup. How are you getting 100% efficiency on the Malevolence reservation? PoB is not calculating it as reserving any mana.

For me, my reservations are Grace 29.07%, Determination 34.01%, and Malevolence 34.01% so I have only 20 mana left. Prior to swapping the 'Influence' notable tree for cluster jewels I was doing fine with about 70 mana remaining.

Any insight? Do you have to have Enlighten lvl 3 for the late game cluster tree instead of helmet with 8%?

Edit: Found the quote in the document:

"
Note that if you already use Grace instead of Vitality (see above), you have to use an Enlighten Support Level 3+ in your aura setup to get rid of the upper part of the skill tree.

But that still doesn't explain the 100% efficiency on reservation for Malevolence in PoB.
Last edited by jlesh2927 on Feb 13, 2022, 5:23:47 PM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Allardais wrote:

Hmmm. What do you exactly mean with update? I just checked the section and it's still valid. The only thing that was missing were the names - the modifiers are the same (but I just added a note regarding modfiers to look out for).

In terms of Freeze Immunity: You will get Freeze Immunity when you upgrade your major Pantheon. Until then, you can have it on your Silver Flask, for example.

Flask references to indicate a standard league. For example, https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/LJOGLYCn. But there are no such flags in the current league. Or I don't understand something (

And I ran into a similar problem as in the post above. Using Grace, Determination? Malevolence and Enlighten lvl 3, I only have 7 mana. Toxic rain should spend 0 mana?
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
In the game, in the Character Screen, at the Offence tab (when selecting weapon Toxic Rain), there is a line: "Poison Damage per second from Main Hand hits".

(Currently, for my level66 character, it shows "108-280".)

Is it a good stat? To use for maxing. (I mean simply equipping different gear pieces, and watching, which gives the maximal "Poison Damage per second from Main Hand hits".)

This build doesn't scale poison damage at all. Just ignore this stat ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 14, 2022, 6:30:16 AM
"
jlesh2927 wrote:
Build is going really smoothly for me so far. Only thing I'm having issues with is that in PoB for the late game setups your reserved mana % is much lower than mine with a similar setup. How are you getting 100% efficiency on the Malevolence reservation? PoB is not calculating it as reserving any mana.

For me, my reservations are Grace 29.07%, Determination 34.01%, and Malevolence 34.01% so I have only 20 mana left. Prior to swapping the 'Influence' notable tree for cluster jewels I was doing fine with about 70 mana remaining.

Any insight? Do you have to have Enlighten lvl 3 for the late game cluster tree instead of helmet with 8%?

Edit: Found the quote in the document:

"
Note that if you already use Grace instead of Vitality (see above), you have to use an Enlighten Support Level 3+ in your aura setup to get rid of the upper part of the skill tree.

But that still doesn't explain the 100% efficiency on reservation for Malevolence in PoB.

The PoB was bricked. For some reason, Malevolence wasn't considered at all when calculating the mana reservation. I fixed that (you can find the new Pastebin here). On top of that I updated the guide regarding the Grace setup (I made a mistake when testing the build - now, everything should be fine) - you might want to check that part again. Please excuse the inconvenience.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 14, 2022, 6:48:25 AM
"
Allardais wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
Allardais wrote:

Flask references to indicate a standard league. For example, https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/LJOGLYCn. But there are no such flags in the current league. Or I don't understand something (

And I ran into a similar problem as in the post above. Using Grace, Determination? Malevolence and Enlighten lvl 3, I only have 7 mana. Toxic rain should spend 0 mana?

Flask links have been updated (thanks for the hint). On top of that, I updated the Grace setup part (you need both the helmet and the Enlighten) - I made a mistake when writing this part - please excuse the inconvenience.
// Update - 14.02.22 - 1pm

- There was a mistake regarding the mana reservation when using Grace instead of Vitality in the late-endgame. This has been fixed by changing the task 'Get a helmet with the modifier “8% reduced Mana Reservation of Skills” OR an Enlighten Support Level 3' to 'Get a helmet with the modifier “8% reduced Mana Reservation of Skills” AND an Enlighten Support Level 3'. The details of the task were updated accordingly.
- The PoB has been updated. You can download the newest Pastebin version here.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 14, 2022, 7:05:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info