[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
Brown_Jesus wrote:
hey just letting you know the PoB says to pick duelist class for ascendancy, should say champion. in the notes around when you talk about doing the lab at 55.

Thanks, mate. You can find the updated PoB here.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 12, 2022, 4:40:18 PM
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
In the current passive tree I cannot see the "Recover 10% of mana over 1 second when you use a guard skill".

Currently I do have this mastery checked. So I guess in some previous tree versions that mastery *was* specified.

Do I have to refund that mastery point?

The passive tree png has stages (steps): 1, 2, 3, .. 26.

In the game, in the chat console I can issue /passives.

It would be nice to be able to check: after x step how many passive points should I have.

This mastery was included in a previous version of the skill tree, yes, but after testing it a little bit more it is really not worth it. I recommend unskilling it.

The problem with the passive points is that you can't really forecast at which time new players do optional quests that give skill points as a quest reward. Therefore, I don't think that would be a good idea :/ Am I wrong?
Hi, I Like your build. Its my 3 character and its the best. Easily now maked T15 map rare corrupted.

I dont understand for now for what I need see in PoB for defense.

With cluster I have lower evasion and armour than without. Im checking for upgrade in 92 lvl.

Here is compare screenshot: http://prnt.sc/26uogsx (left without cluster)

If you want check my PoB here is: https://pastebin.com/B1rdxFcc

tree default is current and test_2 is for upgrade to cluster.

This tutorial need be included in game :) :)
A guide like this is exactly what I needed, thank you!

That being said... what the heck am I supposed to get from Fixture of Fate quest as a reward?? LOL

The guide says it provides important rewards for your build but is that just to open him up as a vendor?

Thanks!
"
DYKU_GIERKUJE wrote:
Hi, I Like your build. Its my 3 character and its the best. Easily now maked T15 map rare corrupted.

I dont understand for now for what I need see in PoB for defense.

With cluster I have lower evasion and armour than without. Im checking for upgrade in 92 lvl.

Here is compare screenshot: http://prnt.sc/26uogsx (left without cluster)

If you want check my PoB here is: https://pastebin.com/B1rdxFcc

tree default is current and test_2 is for upgrade to cluster.

This tutorial need be included in game :) :)

In terms of defenses ...

- Get a good amulet (Karui Ward is only good for leveling). Check the 'Amulet' task of the 'Late-Endgame Items' section of the guide.

- Get better flasks (the 3 unique flasks you are using aren't that beneficial for this build). Check the 'Flasks' task of the 'Endgame Setups' section as well as the '3 - How to increase your survivability with flasks' task in the 'Endgame Basics' section of thw guide.

- Your Cast When Damage Taken Setup is wrong. Cast When Damage Taken Support needs to be level 11. Molten Shell needs to be level 16.

Other than that, I recommend to read the complete 'Endgame' section of the guide again ;)
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 13, 2022, 6:50:54 AM
"
A guide like this is exactly what I needed, thank you!

That being said... what the heck am I supposed to get from Fixture of Fate quest as a reward?? LOL

The guide says it provides important rewards for your build but is that just to open him up as a vendor?

Thanks!

Hey, thanks ;)

Regarding the A Fixture of Fate quest: That's on me, I guess - poor choice of words. I've updated the guide as follows: "By default, the quest A Fixture of Fate is optional, but since it provides access to important gems for your build, you want to complete this as soon as possible - at least if this build is your league starter."
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
fight4anarchy wrote:
Brilliant build mate. My 10 year old is following along and really really enjoying it. Well done!

That's just awesome. How far has he come so far?

Im doing it with him at im 60 hes 62, Its the first guide he feels comfortable with man, everything laid out for him. I enjoyed watching him, so i started one too! very well done, super comfortable.
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
The "preset" item filter shows many (every?) 4-link items (normal, magic, rare).

"
'Chapter "Leveling - remaining normal and magic items"'

Show # %D4 $type->leveling->normalmagic->4l $tier->general
LinkedSockets >= 4
Rarity <= Magic
SetFontSize 45
SetBorderColor 0 140 240 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 255
PlayEffect White
MinimapIcon 1 White Diamond
Class "Bows" "Claws" "Daggers" "One Hand Axes" "One Hand Maces" "Thrusting One Hand Swords" "One Hand Swords" "Rune Daggers" "Sceptres" "Two Hand Axes" "Two Hand Swords" "Wands" "Body Armours" "Boots" "Gloves" "Helmets" "Shields" "Amulets" "Belts" "Quivers" "Rings" "Jewels" "Flask"

I am a bit confused, am I expected to pick up 2-hand axes, 2-and swords etc.? (I have a grove bow already for a long time.) What to do with them? STore in stash for later characters, or try to sell? Or leave on the ground.
Or, should I edit the filter file, delete the "Two Hand Axes"?

When will we use a stricter (more-hide) filter?
"
fight4anarchy wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
fight4anarchy wrote:
Brilliant build mate. My 10 year old is following along and really really enjoying it. Well done!

That's just awesome. How far has he come so far?

Im doing it with him at im 60 hes 62, Its the first guide he feels comfortable with man, everything laid out for him. I enjoyed watching him, so i started one too! very well done, super comfortable.

Great!
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
The "preset" item filter shows many (every?) 4-link items (normal, magic, rare).

"
'Chapter "Leveling - remaining normal and magic items"'

Show # %D4 $type->leveling->normalmagic->4l $tier->general
LinkedSockets >= 4
Rarity <= Magic
SetFontSize 45
SetBorderColor 0 140 240 255
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 255
PlayEffect White
MinimapIcon 1 White Diamond
Class "Bows" "Claws" "Daggers" "One Hand Axes" "One Hand Maces" "Thrusting One Hand Swords" "One Hand Swords" "Rune Daggers" "Sceptres" "Two Hand Axes" "Two Hand Swords" "Wands" "Body Armours" "Boots" "Gloves" "Helmets" "Shields" "Amulets" "Belts" "Quivers" "Rings" "Jewels" "Flask"

I am a bit confused, am I expected to pick up 2-hand axes, 2-and swords etc.? (I have a grove bow already for a long time.) What to do with them? STore in stash for later characters, or try to sell? Or leave on the ground.
Or, should I edit the filter file, delete the "Two Hand Axes"?

When will we use a stricter (more-hide) filter?

Unfortunately, a straight answer to this doesn't exist. The preset filter already is really strict and becomes more strict the more you progress to the campaign (if you don't believe me, try playing without the filter once :P), but it's impossible to setup a preset filter that considers the progress of each and every player who uses the guide. More experienced players can use NeverSink's Filterblade to adjust the filter on-the-fly to their needs, but that's not a thing a new player can (or should) do.

In terms of your concrete question: Once you have used both vendor recipes for the axes at level 18 and level 23 you don't have to pick up axes or swords anymore to make your build stronger, but you might want to pick magic and rare ones up to sell them to the vendor (for Transmutation Shard or Alteration Shard) since you might need the currency to craft your gear or to buy gems later on (the more experience you gain, the more you will know if, when and what to actually pick up - that's progress I can't teach, that's progress one has to learn by doing).

On top of that, the filter will stop to highlight 4-links at some stage of the campaign naturally, so don't be too focussed on that problem. It will solve itself eventually.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Feb 13, 2022, 9:21:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info