Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

Im just excited for everything overall. I think the word "fresh" is what comes to mind with atlas, endgame bosses, influences, self casting changes, drop locations changes and best of all the atlas. It is a shame people are whatever on the league mechanic but i think its also going to be enjoyable.

But one thing im actually amazed about is how many people struggle with Maven. Sirus was just annoying(though also easy, just positional patience required to manipulate his movements) and hearing that Maven having the awakened gems im stoked.(though i think accessibility is more the frustrating part then the actual fight as others take abit longer on the learning curve) Personally i just assign a number to a platform lets say 3 on top 2 on right and 1 on left and i trained my brain on highlights to say 3 2 3 2 1 3(up right up right left up) and because ive trained my brain with this method the memory game is a joke. Havent ever failed a maven fight (all 6 portals, though have used a 6th portal but still killed her,aquired loot) because the rest of her attacks are mostly predictable on how to handle them.

Over all, gonna be a fun league. Though i have to admit the hype isnt as high as last year, but its still really good. I just hope accessibility is there for bossing for more people to engage with(and by the sounds of things it...may be??). Really dont want to be doing 9 maps of one conq, 5 for another 7 for a 3rd and 7 for the final type of thing. That would be a recipe for a burn out.
Patchnotes nice, ty for work, but only one moment is bad for me :(

All spells and many traps getting boost.
Flamethower trap: ok, ok, f**k me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
at least this league is not tied to grind 16 watchstones (or at least 16 boss kill)
it's way worse now, it's mandatorry to be a boss killer, you can't do whatever you want.

Exactly like maven to get atlas skills? and conquerors for watchstones? and elder or shaper guardians?

But you're wrong, you can still do whatever you want.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^nope I think it would deactivate anything that reserves life OR mana. Just because you change the skill to reserve life instead of mana doesn't change the fact that its a mana-reserving skill.

That's exactly what it changes though.
^(part of) The stated reason for adding these supports is to get rid of the Marching Legion abuse. Allowing life reservation (LL auras) plus the new blessing effect would be WORSE than where they started.

I can almost guarantee it will also apply to auras that are supported to reserve life instead.

Also look at nodes like Supreme Ego etc. The mana multipliers also affect life reservation because its still considered a mana-reserve skill. I think of it more as a "conversion" a la elemental conversion, rather than a substitution. You aren't changing the reservation, rather you are converting it so it lives in BOTH pools.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 30, 2022, 12:52:44 PM
"Updated - Spine Bow: Now has 38-115 Physical Damage (previously 26-78)."

Dang, that's a lot
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^(part of) The stated reason for adding these supports is to get rid of the Marching Legion abuse. Allowing life reservation (LL auras) plus the new blessing effect would be WORSE than where they started.

I can almost guarantee it will also apply to auras that are supported to reserve life instead.

Also look at nodes like Supreme Ego etc. The mana multipliers also affect life reservation because its still considered a mana-reserve skill. I think of it more as a "conversion" a la elemental conversion, rather than a substitution. You aren't changing the reservation, rather you are converting it so it lives in BOTH pools.

Supreme Ego doesn't specifically increase mana-reservation, but reservation in general.
This support is more or less replacing Mortal Conviction. With Mortal Conviction, you can still reserve life after using your free aura.
Why the fuck did Rolling Magma go from ~50% damage increase like pretty much all other spells to only ~20% increase? Were you afraid someone would actually use it?
I mean, the skill had a whopping 0.0% main skill use in both HC and SC Scourge league according to poe.ninja and I'm guessing you mean to keep it that way.
There are literally 0 Rolling Magma builds on the forum (unless you count 1 with 0 replies).
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
Last edited by keyarchan on Jan 30, 2022, 3:15:48 PM
Missing Royale and Ultimatum
sedantes
"
Chill wrote:
w

My mistake, forgot about the updated wording on Supreme Ego. Back when it DID say 50% more mana reservation, that penalty effected all forms of reservation.

I believe you are wrong about Mortal Conviction though, when it says "You can only have 1 non-banner aura on you" that is entirely separate from reservations. Perhaps you were personally using a pseudo-aura that did not count (skitterbots, banner etc) linked to life, which had no interaction with Mortal Conviction in the first place.

I guess it's POSSIBLE that the new blessing will allow life reservation of auras, but I still highly doubt it.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 30, 2022, 5:07:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info