Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

Wait, no ascendancy changes? Least played class (Trickster) sits at 0.3%. Come on.
Things that will need to be fixed/changed in the future:

Divergent Ground Slam is too inaccessible despite feeling mandatory for clearspeed. Ironically, threshold jewels often get changed for this reason, and yet removing the jewel created the issue this time around. Will get fixed when a dev tries to play the skill and experiences firsthand how terrible mapping is because a mob got in your face but just off-center and you now have to swing 2-3 extra times with a very slow skill to clean it all up.

Glacial Hammer's identity was accidentally deleted in the threshold jewel purge. If it wasn't an accident, it was a mistake. GGG's devs are the only ones who think otherwise on this point. Likely to start with an unnoticeable AoE splash that grows in radius as the gem gains levels when fixed.

Viper Strike is still gutted defensively due to the fortify changes. Fortify will likely be made to calculate DoT from melee attack skills (Ignite, Bleed, Poison, etc) as part of its fortify granting effect, which will stand as a wide-sweeping fix to many skills unfairly caught in the changes to make the buff more melee-centric. Removing the (extremely) significant buff from threshold jewels for the phys-based version of builds using this skill is an additional, unmitigated blow to the skill's viability.

Dear GGG: these three are guaranteed. 100% of Ground Slam builds will use the Divergent Ground Slam, unless they simply cannot acquire it (SSF), in which case they will probably stop playing Ground Slam. Glacial Hammer's might still have things that make it unique, but now it has nothing to make it feel good to play. Viper Strike existed separately from Pestilent Strike and had its niche, but is quickly becoming a strictly worse version with absolutely no reasons to use it. This is anti-fun, as the skill is actually very distinct in how you build it, but it's too far behind to be enjoyed.

I fear it's very likely none of these can be fixed before launch, so I'll add something I definitely know can't be fixed: Strike Swing Time. When this was changed back in Legion, it made the first swing of a strike-skill very slow, and the second follow up quite quickly. This is another anti-fun, poor QoL attribute of strike skills, and significantly reduces the ability of players to accurate gauge what defenses their build needs. At a certain attack speed, it becomes manageable; if you have less than this attack speed, the defensive demands are doubled, or even tripled due to the extra attacks you take mid-swing. It also makes stun immunity feel mandatory. When you weigh all of these downsides, you find that strike skills aren't receiving enough in return for the high opportunity cost already weighing on the skills.

I would propose, alongside other changes, a base-line boost to the fortify cap for melee skills with the strike tag, and to have the swing-speed of attacks normalized between one another (instead of delay - two quick swings - delay like it is now).
[/quote]

Please switch over to lost ark[/quote]

please switch to a less abusive and more inline gameplay with the rest..
cant part ways with these abusive drop rates?
im happy people can play in groups but why should people be punished for not playing in groups? why do party play need to be 10 times more rewarding?
NOTHING ABOUT NEW SKILLS? THIS LEAGUE WILL BE BORING AF
Last edited by djdias2018 on Jan 27, 2022, 8:52:08 PM
Minion buffs when?
"
NoyAvargel wrote:

Please switch over to lost ark[/quote]

please switch to a less abusive and more inline gameplay with the rest..
cant part ways with these abusive drop rates?
im happy people can play in groups but why should people be punished for not playing in groups? why do party play need to be 10 times more rewarding?
[/quote]

because it wouldnt be rewarding for groups anymore and take away the reason to play groups in the first place.
this all looks really bad
"
The Blood Magic Keystone no longer has "Spend Life instead of Mana for effects of Skills" and it now has "10% more maximum Life".

one of the most "core" passive on the tree gone :((
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
alvadagansta wrote:
Wait, no ascendancy changes? Least played class (Trickster) sits at 0.3%. Come on.

You can play other ascendency which is different from yours.
It feels like most of these buffs are just compensating for the nerfs of the past few leagues, but I will take what I can get.

Depending on how you build around traps and mines, they may actually be significantly buffed...will be fun to find out.

Ironically, it looks like most of the builds I had fun with last league but then hit a wall at around t14 have been buffed by 40%+, so maybe I will get to play more of the end game this league.

Overall, nice work GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info