December Events 2021

Poggas
Last edited by mattywowlee on Dec 3, 2021, 9:36:13 AM
"
JC_GGG wrote:
"
QinLie wrote:
Still no reply or any action from GGG regarding giving middle finger towards console players. I start to suspect the only way to get a response is writing an email to Tencent complain department which will then take action because GGG doesn't even bother to give a reply at all besides copy-paste one X days ago how it's all because updating issues if some problems arise but hey - straight abandoning consoles for whole December where PC players enjoy multitude of events seems fair for you.

Hey there, QinLie.

The Community Team has posted about this here. I hope this helps to clear things up for you.

Obviously you didn't read what he said, he mentioned what you referred to but yet again we get another bs reply with no answers to why console isn't getting any kind of an event but just a straight middle finger to the community. As I have said before in this post seeing how you treat your console player base make me sick and completely changes how I see you as a company, I will no longer support GGG till I see change for the console player base.
Hey there, Exiles!

I was not certain which post QinLie was referring to so I thought to provide the link to the Community Team's post about the console events in case it was useful. I hope it might still be useful for others who come here trying to find any news about this.

I'm very sorry that the console versions are not able to take part in the December events, but I am afraid that what the Community Team explains in the above-linked post explains why we weren't able to run these on console this time around.
do we get the portal rewards by just watching streamers?
"
JC_GGG wrote:
Hey there, Exiles!

I was not certain which post QinLie was referring to so I thought to provide the link to the Community Team's post about the console events in case it was useful. I hope it might still be useful for others who come here trying to find any news about this.

I'm very sorry that the console versions are not able to take part in the December events, but I am afraid that what the Community Team explains in the above-linked post explains why we weren't able to run these on console this time around.

No it doesn't explains anything because GGG was offered solutions to mentioned issues but didn't even bother to reply to anyone at all until Tencent complaint department was mentioned. Throwing one comment listing excuses why it "can't be done now, and maaaybe in the future IF we decide to run such events once more" isn't any kind of dialog. It's like giving us another middle finger because it literally looks like "here you have an excuse why it can't be done and we simply don't care what you think about it so it's pointless to engage in conversation". We as console players are totally ignored and pushed to the side. If you don't understand why there is an outrage for such unprofessional behavior then the only thing I can think about is writing an official complaint. I am fed up with such behavior - it was one of the reasons why I did initially quit PoE in the first place. Came back for Scourge league and what welcomed me is even bigger apathy from GGG towards console version.
Hey there, QinLie!

I'm really sorry to hear that this is how you feel. I'll be passing your feedback along to the appropriate team members (along with the sentiments provided by others in this thread and others) in the hopes that we might do better in the future.

Additionally, if you have linked your console Path of Exile account to your Twitch account you would still be able to earn the Twitch drops we have scheduled for these events by watching any Path of Exile streams while the drops are available. This may at least be a good opportunity to get some new portal effects.
"
JC_GGG wrote:
Hey there, QinLie!

I'm really sorry to hear that this is how you feel. I'll be passing your feedback along to the appropriate team members (along with the sentiments provided by others in this thread and others) in the hopes that we might do better in the future.

Additionally, if you have linked your console Path of Exile account to your Twitch account you would still be able to earn the Twitch drops we have scheduled for these events by watching any Path of Exile streams while the drops are available. This may at least be a good opportunity to get some new portal effects.

You know offering console players rewards for watching PC players enjoying event is adding insult to injury - I don't blame you because you are doing your job but I blame decision-maker behind all of this. It's similar to telling a hungry person go and watch others having a feast and telling them to wait for scraps - that's how it feels. I wouldn't be so fed up if there was ANY kind of communication with GGG and trying to find solutions to include console players in one way or another but GGG decided to go radio-silent. Such state of affairs is just sad especially because the reason why I decided to buy Xbox one X back in the day instead PS was how PoE was available on Xbox only back then. Now it degraded to probably again quitting PoE after this league because what's the point sticking with the game where devs doesn't seem to care and abandon consoles focusing solely on PC.
Hey there, QinLie!

Just to clarify, while some players might enjoy watching the events being played by PC players even if they themselves can't participate on console, you also do not need to watch people playing the PC version of Path of Exile to qualify for the drops - console streamers will still count.
"
QinLie wrote:
"
JC_GGG wrote:
Hey there, QinLie!

You know offering console players rewards for watching PC players enjoying event is adding insult to injury - I don't blame you because you are doing your job but I blame decision-maker behind all of this. It's similar to telling a hungry person go and watch others having a feast and telling them to wait for scraps - that's how it feels. I wouldn't be so fed up if there was ANY kind of communication with GGG and trying to find solutions to include console players in one way or another but GGG decided to go radio-silent. Such state of affairs is just sad especially because the reason why I decided to buy Xbox one X back in the day instead PS was how PoE was available on Xbox only back then. Now it degraded to probably again quitting PoE after this league because what's the point sticking with the game where devs doesn't seem to care and abandon consoles focusing solely on PC.

I agree, I am currently playing console due to pc issues and I won't even be in my discord with my poe friends because all the joy I will hear them enjoy that I cant, and I know that's my decision but I feel like I'm forced to that decision.
"
JC_GGG wrote:
Hey there, Exiles!

Here is what a console player could read between the lines:

Unfortunately, we're not able to run these events on console this time around as they're new event types

<-- does not apply to at least Endless Delve - and Endless Delve was also a new event type last year and it was possible to play on console (even at the same time)

and if they require any fixes we wouldn't be able to get those through certification over the holiday period.

<-- It is 03.12. ... you could even wait until endless delve is over on PC and then start it on consoles ...

Delve has had some updates which would need to go through various certifications to be compatible with console again and it won't be possible in time for the event starting.

<-- Last year we actually cared about console and did it ... this time we just didn't allocate any ressources ... so obviously we won't make it in time

Once these events have taken place on PC, it's our hope that we can get them ready for console so they can be run simultaneously on all platforms if we run them again.

<-- we can see how well that worked out with endless delve from last year. If GGG cared at all you could have done a "regular" flashback on console instead of ... well nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info