[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
woda1992 wrote:
"
Thanks for the previous advice. Currently I have sufficient DPS. Now I would like to invest a bit more in defense because it feels a bit squishy on juiced maps with deli staff beyond etc. Have any ideas?

Anybody? 😁

getting a Hyrri's Demise with point blank corrupted implicit will give you an extra skill point to spend in life. They are super cheap. I picked up mine for an EX but it has a double corrupt on it. As long as you aren't dependant on the DEX it gives to drop you below a DEX threshold it could be a way to get a bit more life on your character.
Thank you guys :)
Topic fell rather quiet :)
Everyone done with the league?

I made it to 36 challenges so very happy I made it to that. Still mapping and doing the guardians etc. but also have the feeling now that I've lost a bit of purpose after making it to 36. I don't feel like I can make it to 40 and don't really see the point to be honest so it's the point in a league where the interest flows away swiftly.

Also, the league mechanic is not engaging at all so no point in staying longer for that. I'm still looking for a nice ring with % dex but after that I will probably won't play much until next league. Unless they nerf the build or another interesting build is buffed a lot, i will probably play this again next league.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I'm still "starting" mine, so nothing for me to really post, but here's my current stuff

Just started messing around with this, but I see a lot of build guides which are not as precise on gem levels on the path of building info. One question I had just going over it, do you really want to max snipers mark? I am still learning the game, but would that not make the cost of your manual bow shots start costing more mana than is viable after a bit? I'm about to switch over to SB a little early and start my 2nd lab, so was curious.

Thanks for all the work you do on your guides. I really enjoyed the frost one a couple leagues back.
"
Apostolos wrote:
One question I had just going over it, do you really want to max snipers mark? I am still learning the game, but would that not make the cost of your manual bow shots start costing more mana than is viable after a bit? I'm about to switch over to SB a little early and start my 2nd lab, so was curious.

I'm using a maxed snipers mark in my 6L cast on crit setup and I can spam it without paying attention to mana. With a bunch of totems the target is either dead before you could start to run out of mana or if the target is a big boss you typically re-summon totems which triggers the mana regen from ascendancy.

The only time I have mana issues is when I get a big ignite on me because of Divine Guidance and me not having an ignite removal flask. As mentioned in the guide you could skip that node and take an extra minor node but I've died maybe 2 or 3 times in total due to a big ignite and not being able to summon totems because the damage drained my mana.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Please may someone help me.

I have followed this guide (converted over from EA build) and have been a long time follower of Wallach's Freezing Pulse guide so things are not new to me but for some reason I can not get this build to work.

The damage is 22,000 DPS, it should be 365,000 or more (using Wallach's POB). T16 mobs are ok but bosses are near impossible to kill.

Please can someone go through my build and Passive tree to identify why the damage is incredibly poor. I can not see it, 4 hours trawling through it and nothing can be found!

I know that Gems are still level 17-20 but that does not cause a near 90% drop in damage.

I have not bothered with the Sirus jewel and instead favoured cluster jewels and more Dexterity stacking.

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated - completely perplexed.

The POB I am following is: https://pastebin.com/ku8hZpuP Slightly different to Wallach's but principles are the same and this POB is more Dex focused.

Really hating the state of POE at the moment. I have tried 4 different characters this league and every single one was 'meta' but the damage was just non-existent. EA was good but the damage was so slow that any regeneration or ES boss was invincible. Omni-Tornado is so glass cannon that white mobs instantly kill me...don't even get started on the bosses and with a 10ex bow (T2/3 mods) damage was just non-existent.

FP was horrible to play, the nurfs were just terrible.

This build I was hoping would be similar to FP but it too is incredibly squishy and the damage is non-existentdespite having 1800DEX!! What is going on, loosing my mind here.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Mar 9, 2022, 11:56:18 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:

The POB I am following is: https://pastebin.com/ku8hZpuP Slightly different to Wallach's but principles are the same and this POB is more Dex focused.

Look at the items/gems/enchants Empyrian is using and then yours. Big difference. Don't follow his builds unless you are rich.

E: after reading your edit:

to save this build:
Get lvl 21/20 Siege Balliste (9c) or Anom Siege Ballista lvl 20/20
Get at least Awakened Cold pen and Aw cold damage and just buy the other lvl 20 gems
Get the Helmet enchant with inc attack speed
Craft Dex on your belt with essences till you are happy with life and res roll

maybe use frenzy to trigger frost bomb, didn't try it with ensnaring arrow, but it feels way slower.

Maybe you need to adjust your playstyle, don't wait till you see mobs to place totems, always place them while moving. That way there is always a totem ready to fire.

These are my items I used to level to lvl 97, I died a few times to bosses (new bosses, maven etc), but mapping overall felt very safe. They are optimised to a point, but not impossible to get.

Last edited by daflipp on Mar 9, 2022, 12:53:43 PM
"
Mentalmike wrote:

The damage is 22,000 DPS, it should be 365,000 or more (using Wallach's POB). T16 mobs are ok but bosses are near impossible to kill.

With 1800 dex, you should easily clean map boss

For tree, you waste 5 points go to Assasin's jewel socket, respect that so you have more points to spend around Ranger's side
Swap the brutal jewel back to Ranger's jewel slot
Spent 3 points to get "Force of Nature"
Get 60% increase crit chance for Totem's mastery (instead of 2 totem one)
Also, you dont need to use 3 Brawn, swap out 1 Brawn for even a Fluid Motion, free 1 point from +30 int node.
Get 24 dex Fluid Motion one (or at least 23), it's cheap.
you will still able to keep 1800 dex easy, just twist the path a bit.

Switch Cold Pen to Inc Crit Damage support.
Also, remember to use Barrage for boss (Hypothermia is for mapping)
In pob, damage is ~200.000 DPS with Hypo and ~270.000 DPS with Barrage so you should be fine

For me, I find 107 mana is enough so I even switch Inspiration to Inc Crit Chance :D

Note: one more thing, you can use Watcher Eye instead of another Fluid Motion.
I spent 1ex early league for one with only cold pen with Hatred mod (best 1ex investment ever)
Last edited by redclaudious on Mar 9, 2022, 11:17:09 PM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
Please may someone help me.

I have followed this guide (converted over from EA build) and have been a long time follower of Wallach's Freezing Pulse guide so things are not new to me but for some reason I can not get this build to work.

I checked your char and it looks like you missed the point blank keystone. This could be the reason why you feel like boss damage is low. For big bosses you obviously put in barrage instead of hypothermia and usually, with those bosses you can plant the totems before the boss activates so you can actually put the totems at point blank range taking advantage of the 30% more damage. Not taking this node is gimping your boss DPS a lot. I also don't see sniper's mark in your CoC setup.

For a lot of bosses I don't even swap to barrage anymore as it takes more time than barrage would be faster over hypothermia :)
How I typically melt down bosses is this:
1. put down max totems on top of where the boss activates/spawns
2. activate blood rage
3. activate boss
4. get your frenzy charges + snipers mark up asap (you don't have snipers mark in your setup?)
5. hit the boss with ensnaring arrow for extra incoming damage
6. re-summon a totem to keep inspiration charges and onslaught up if the boss isn't dead already.

"
Mentalmike wrote:

I know that Gems are still level 17-20 but that does not cause a near 90% drop in damage.

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated - completely perplexed.

Getting maxed gems or even better, awakened gems really makes a difference. It may not seem like a lot per gem but a few % more damage on each gem really adds up in the end.

Finally, as mentioned above already... it's also about play style. The build is not tanky but has a safe element as you don't have to be in the mob's face to do damage. When mapping you should not put down totems when mobs jump you as you will die because of the slight delay for totems to shoot. You should walk a bit, put down a few totems, walk futher, put down a few totems and then, when getting jumped, the totems summoned behind you will kill the mobs quickly. It's really about keeping on the move and planting your totems strategically.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info