[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

https://pastebin.com/kc1qHPhg

Trying an Inq version of the build since the Ritual of Awakening Forbidden jewels are pretty cheap, getting free pen with Inevitable Judgement so I can drop cold pen, Righteous Providence for another 350 crit, Augury for the extra 15% increased damage, and I can keep Instruments of Virtue up very easily for another 30% More damage. I would say losing a bit of totem Quality of Life for all those extra insane Notables is very interesting.

(Side note, having those forbidden jewels to get RoA at around level 30 makes leveling a blast as well)
Last edited by Wriggleybooch on Feb 28, 2022, 7:02:49 AM
Do we want quality on anomalous siege ballista?
"
Ckwiesr wrote:

Sure do. At 20% qual anomalous siege ballista gets "fires 2 additional projectiles"

The whole point of alt quality gems is that they give different bonuses than the normal versions. :)
Last edited by Zuuule on Mar 1, 2022, 5:14:04 PM
Hi. Thanks for the previous advice. Currently I have sufficient DPS. Now I would like to invest a bit more in defense because it feels a bit squishy on juiced maps with deli staff beyond etc. Have any ideas?
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Ckwiesr wrote:

Sure do. At 20% qual anomalous siege ballista gets "fires 2 additional projectiles"

The whole point of alt quality gems is that they give different bonuses than the normal versions. :)

I double corrupted my 20/20 anomalous siege ballista yesterday and it became 21/21. Weird thing is that the 21% quality is worse than 20% because it means -1% attack speed :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Wriggleybooch wrote:

Trying an Inq version of the build since the Ritual of Awakening Forbidden jewels are pretty cheap, getting free pen with Inevitable Judgement so I can drop cold pen, Righteous Providence for another 350 crit, Augury for the extra 15% increased damage, and I can keep Instruments of Virtue up very easily for another 30% More damage. I would say losing a bit of totem Quality of Life for all those extra insane Notables is very interesting.

(Side note, having those forbidden jewels to get RoA at around level 30 makes leveling a blast as well)

Just tried this version, and it's great. Thanks for sharing.
But how do you cast 3 non-instant spells in 8 secs for Instruments of Virtue? Just with dash?
Last edited by bouboubibila on Mar 2, 2022, 7:07:56 AM
"
bouboubibila wrote:
"
Wriggleybooch wrote:

Just tried this version, and it's great. Thanks for sharing.
But how do you cast 3 non-instant spells in 8 secs for Instruments of Virtue? Just with dash?

With Dash (Which counts as a spell and gives me free phasing with the divergent quality for huge zooming QoL) and I link it to anomalous second wind so it has 3 charges. Pop all of them and you have 30% more damage for 8 seconds, and you can easily keep that up. I was also using a level 1 precision with divine blessing and life tap, to just have a spell to cast, but switched off that because divergent dash with alt second wind feels so much nicer than Flame dash for movement.
Last edited by Wriggleybooch on Mar 2, 2022, 7:29:00 AM
"
Wriggleybooch wrote:
With Dash (Which counts as a spell and gives me free phasing with the divergent quality for huge zooming QoL) and I link it to anomalous second wind so it has 3 charges. Pop all of them and you have 30% more damage for 8 seconds, and you can easily keep that up. I was also using a level 1 precision with divine blessing and life tap, to just have a spell to cast, but switched off that because divergent dash with alt second wind feels so much nicer than Flame dash for movement.

Yeah, I've bought this setup, and it kinda works. You have to spam dash, but it's not so bad. This version is overall better than Wallach's, imo (sorry bro, your build is already great nonetheless ;) ).
"
Thanks for the previous advice. Currently I have sufficient DPS. Now I would like to invest a bit more in defense because it feels a bit squishy on juiced maps with deli staff beyond etc. Have any ideas?

Anybody? 😁
"
woda1992 wrote:
"
Thanks for the previous advice. Currently I have sufficient DPS. Now I would like to invest a bit more in defense because it feels a bit squishy on juiced maps with deli staff beyond etc. Have any ideas?

Anybody? 😁

Well imho this build is not tanky so you have to accept a certain level of squishy-ness. If you play longer you learn to avoid most hairy situation and after all.... we have our totem army to do the damage for us so we can stay away from danger. Still, one-shots or being jumped by multiple mobs happen.

I think the best way for us to avoid deaths is to get more life I'm now almost at 5k (like 4991) life and have had many situation where I would have been dead with 4.5k life :)

When checking your character you are still level 93. Maybe when you level up next, take some life nodes. Still, in the end it's really about avoiding trouble manually and by playing smart.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info