[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

https://pastebin.com/bTkfaN3B

can you guys look at my pob? i dont know how people are getting more than 1.5 mill per totem, best i can get is 900k with awakened gems and 21/20 anomalous etc.

How are people dealing more than 3x damage than i am?
Just wanted to say thanks for creating such a great build - it absolutely pipes. I still have a lot of work to do on gems/gear (waiting on previous build's gear to sell) but even at this level of gear/gems it still mostly steamrolls t16s.
"
Shanwen222 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/bTkfaN3B

can you guys look at my pob? i dont know how people are getting more than 1.5 mill per totem, best i can get is 900k with awakened gems and 21/20 anomalous etc.

How are people dealing more than 3x damage than i am?

I think the biggest reason is you don't have barrage support to replace hypothermia support. Swapping these gems for bossing greatly increases your DPS. I didn't like gem swapping either at first but its just a minor annoyance and you get used to it. A few other things to consider as well...

-You are missing amulet annoint. Get "Shamans Dominion" for more crit multi and crit chance
-Get a helm with "Siege ballista has 15% increased attack speed"
-Get boots with "Damage penetrates 10% enemy resist" enchant.
-Pick up "primeval force" node which is inside your thread of hope radius
-Get an anomalous inspiration gem. The quality on it adds crit chance.
-Upgrade to awakened ele damage and added cold damage gems.
-Change the totem mastery that adds additional summoned totems for the one that gives crit strike if you summoned a totem recently.
-If possible, upgrade your rain of splinters so it only has -30%, -31% damage. Buy a super cheap one and throw some divines at it.

Plug this stuff into your pob and see where you sit on your DPS.
Last edited by Zuuule on Mar 14, 2022, 5:22:57 PM
Finally at a place where I feel like things are looking good. Having a hard time making up my mind on what to spend my currency on atm - I've got around 12~ ex, and need better gloves(been trying to essence craft %dex gloves, no luck yet), awakened ele damage, and enlighten 2-3 + bonechill, corrupted hyrri's demise, and I guess buying lens for gem exp.

Anyone got any opinions on what is most important out of those? Are there any other options for gloves other than %dex hunter influence gloves?
"
Finally at a place where I feel like things are looking good. Having a hard time making up my mind on what to spend my currency on atm - I've got around 12~ ex, and need better gloves(been trying to essence craft %dex gloves, no luck yet), awakened ele damage, and enlighten 2-3 + bonechill, corrupted hyrri's demise, and I guess buying lens for gem exp.

Anyone got any opinions on what is most important out of those? Are there any other options for gloves other than %dex hunter influence gloves?

For Gloves, I'm using one with Converted Cold mod from temple Atzoatl and high Dex roll, and Eldrich Dex - Attack Speed
it's way way cheaper %dex hunter one

Corrupted hyrri would be the cheapest if you take the one with Point Blank
one with flat cold damage would give more DPS

But enlighten + bonechill would be the best DPS upgrade

Note: you could also buy 13-15%Dex synthesis belt, scour, Intrinsic then spam essence
It helps ease Resistance issue
Last edited by redclaudious on Mar 15, 2022, 7:05:31 AM
Hi, I was looking was a rather 'cheap' boss killer and this looked like a fun build.
I like the playstyle, got most of my gems to lvl 19/20 but I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the boss dmg. I've seen people commenting how bosses get melted in seconds but that's not what I'm seeing (yes I switched to barrage).
I get annihilated by minotaur, phoenix, maven hidden invitation. Haven't tried cirus or conquerors even etc.
I think something is off after comparing pobs.
Could someone check my pob please? (https://pastebin.com/14JuLtJe).
Especially the AS calculation seems wrong: I'm seeing a base AS of 0.99 while my bow is supposed to have 1.39 as a base?.
Any tips or corrections are surely appreciated.
Kind regards.
"

I found no need for an enlighten if you can get a ring with -7 or -8 to mana cost of non-channeling skills. Im running all three with no enlighten and just one ring with this mod and have had no issues whatsoever with mana.

I also agree with the above post regarding gloves. Unless you really want to get above 1600 DEX then I found they just aren't needed. It also gives us a chance to play around with the new eldritch orbs on a pair of gloves.

Here are the cloves I'm currently using...

I'm currently working on a 2nd pair trying to get eldritch DEX and chance to intimidate.
"
Patjen69 wrote:
Hi, I was looking was a rather 'cheap' boss killer and this looked like a fun build.
I like the playstyle, got most of my gems to lvl 19/20 but I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the boss dmg. I've seen people commenting how bosses get melted in seconds but that's not what I'm seeing (yes I switched to barrage).
I get annihilated by minotaur, phoenix, maven hidden invitation. Haven't tried cirus or conquerors even etc.
Especially the AS calculation seems wrong: I'm seeing a base AS of 0.99 while my bow is supposed to have 1.39 as a base?.
Kind regards.

A few things I noticed right away...

-Adding threads of hope (large ring) to your tree where you currently have "Dusk Spark" crimson jewel and speccing into the relevant nodes will net you a bunch of DPS. Juat make sure you get one with a resist penalty you can deal with.
-Change your totem masteries on your tree to be Totems taunt and the +crit when you summon a totem.
-Helm and boot enchants are missing. Best helm enchant is attack speed for siege ballista.

-Boot enchant can be damage pen ele resist.

-Upgrade to awakened gems in your siege ballista setup

-You can save a point on your tree by getting a Hyrri's Demise with Point Blank corrupted implicit on it. These are a bit more expensive than when I got mine but there are a couple listed now for an EX.

-A couple expensive options are to add a watcher's eye jewel. See the first page of this guide for options. Also replace your cyclopian coil belt with a synthesised one with a high %DEX implicit and high flat DEX roll.

Just swapping to something like this may bump you over the 1400 DEX threshold so you can summon 14 ballistas.

My build currently pumps out just over a million DPS per ballista. Also understand that this build is kinda squishy so getting one shot by bosses is just gonna happen. Learn their mechanics and how to avoid them and you will die less often.

There are a lot of little things you can do to add to this build but they all add up. :)
Thank you to everyone who provided some feedback on my POB and build. The build has been saved! I can now do Mavens (just not tried Feared) and all the other bosses.

Obviously I can not do Simulacrum but I doubt this build can due to the squishy nature. If anyone has managed to do Simulacrums let me know, curious what your build is.

My Dex is 1711 now and with some min/maxing of existing gear I should be able to get it up to 1750ish.
Life is 4.8k which is quite comfortable but would like it 5k+ but this may not be possible without an additional skill point & top tier rolled Life on my belt which probably aint going to happen for a long while ha.

The next big upgrade would be to buy a % Dex ring and craft but after that I do not know what else can be done.

Any advice on how to make the build exceed 2000 dex?
Any advice on how to incorporate ailment immunity into this build? Chill and Stun are a nightmare and if these can be mitigated or removed that would be great.

"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Patjen69 wrote:
Kind regards.

A few things I noticed right away...

-Adding threads of hope (large ring) to your tree where you currently have "Dusk Spark" crimson jewel and speccing into the relevant nodes will net you a bunch of DPS. Juat make sure you get one with a resist penalty you can deal with.
-Change your totem masteries on your tree to be Totems taunt and the +crit when you summon a totem.
-Helm and boot enchants are missing. Best helm enchant is attack speed for siege ballista.

-Boot enchant can be damage pen ele resist.

-Upgrade to awakened gems in your siege ballista setup

-You can save a point on your tree by getting a Hyrri's Demise with Point Blank corrupted implicit on it. These are a bit more expensive than when I got mine but there are a couple listed now for an EX.

-A couple expensive options are to add a watcher's eye jewel. See the first page of this guide for options. Also replace your cyclopian coil belt with a synthesised one with a high %DEX implicit and high flat DEX roll.

Just swapping to something like this may bump you over the 1400 DEX threshold so you can summon 14 ballistas.

My build currently pumps out just over a million DPS per ballista. Also understand that this build is kinda squishy so getting one shot by bosses is just gonna happen. Learn their mechanics and how to avoid them and you will die less often.

There are a lot of little things you can do to add to this build but they all add up. :)

Zuuule, Thanks a lot for your advice!
I went and bought a helm for 20ex and boots for 6ex. Ouch :-)
I also used the threads of hope ring as you suggested and changed the totem masteries. The quiver is 13ex in standard so I'm gonna wait a bit for that one.
Pob is still giving me a headache though, I cant understand why under calcs in the Attack/Cast rate section it says 0.99 as my MH base? Where is this number coming from?
(updated pob with above changes is https://pastebin.com/646ExGFY.
POB also shows under full dps twice '14x Siege Ballista' , once with 7.7M dps, and once with 4.6M dps.
So I dont really understand how my dps is situated right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info