this is how D3 was supposed to be like

"
Septile wrote:

Too much loot? I very rarely EVER had a full inventory in either of those games. Unless you're talking about the few people with downs syndrome playing the game who pick up gray and white items(aka the items nobody uses after level 1.) You're really just talking complete nonsense, I don't think you even played Titan Quest or Torch Light, you just watched some gameplay videos and drew all of your conclusions from that. I'm assuming so because you don't seem to know anything about either of those games.

Haha, I need to grow up and learn some manners. I've only heard that about 500 times from 14 year olds trying to appear mature on the internet. FYI, me slathering my posts in sarcasm gravy isn't my online persona, it's how I communicate with people I think are stupid.

Titan Quest did not have anything interesting going on. Everything was bland except the graphics: intrigue, quests, skills and pacing were all utterly uninteresting. As for the items - sure they did not have to be picked up and they could be filtered out but why were they there in the first place? The garbage on the ground only serves one purpose and that is to distract the player from the fact that he is playing a game where nothing interesting happens. If a player finds the game beyond the garbage piles interesting enough to keep playing it over and over again, it is a telltale sign of retardation.

Torchlight only has one thing going for it and that is the fact that it is over quickly.
1 league that has normal drop rate

another league that has -95% drop rate. Actually someone has already suggested this.

So the casuals go on the normal drop server. Casuals being the ones that dont mind seeing everyone in the same best gear. As they dont have time to work for all the best gear. Hardcores that really want to work for their gear and feel a sence of self accomplishment will join the -95% drop league.

I really still dont see the problem here =_=....

Although I am getting a good laugh out of all the rage :P
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
MrNick1221 wrote:
"
tormenta wrote:
Because Blizzard, Microsoft and few more gaming giants will ... spend billions attracting that same audience?

I still don't see how this excludes GGG from targeting the same audience.

Nothing excludes GGG from doing that, but it's highly unlikely it will be worth time and money invested - especially if there is very little difference when it comes to core content offered, which IS the case right now.

Also, keep in mind it's F2P vs "buy the game + NO monthly subscriptions", not "buy the game + monthly subscriptions", as WoW works.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
There won't be souldbound items, shared loot, health orbs, not punishing deaths, auto stats, oversized gear, rainbows, dumbed-down gameplay, static outdor areas, no light-radius, stylized drawings in PoE and it's default league.

Are you guys now OK with that? If not, this is not the game for you.

We're too close to the closed beta and you're suggesting a direction change for the game... I'm sorry but you're late.

Now I really understand why GGG was announced the game after 4 years of development.

Edit: BTW I really do think Path of Exile will be the choice of most ARPG players unlike D3 which sacrifices genre players to gain casual players and WoW players.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
permaximum wrote:
There won't be souldbound items, shared loot, health orbs, not punishing deaths, auto stats, oversized gear, rainbows, dumbed-down gameplay, static outdor areas, no light-radius, stylized drawings in PoE and it's default league.

Are we comparing this to D3? I wasn't aware they were having soulbound items in D3.

Health orbs, potions, whatever...they all perform the same function. The issue with D2 was potion spamming which is resolved through various possible means.

The gameplay of PoE is largely similar to just about every other aRPG. Skills are obtained and configured differently, but you still hotkey them and spam them and mow down enemies.

Death Penalties are still being discussed, hence the thread that the devs started. As far as I know they haven't settled on having one at all yet.

Loot has been a hot topic. Not sure what you mean by "no shared loot" as a group of people killing one thing are all going to expect some loot.
"
permaximum wrote:
We're too close to the closed beta and you're suggesting a direction change for the game... I'm sorry but you're late.

I'm not suggesting major direction change but content that would fit and improve already announced one, of a kind I and alikes have been missing in almost 2 decades of playing games. It's VERY well thought-off content, most of which NONE of "soon to hit market" game will have. In not just mine opinion, with such a content lies GGG's ability to attract and keep nice player base.

Without a lot of genuine AND quality content, majority of players suggesting and supporting D1.5 / D2.5 / D3.5 PoE path exclussively will perish from PoE the moment D3 hysteria starts. Or a week / month later. Or after DS3 arival.

What makes you think you are the one deciding if it's late or not?
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
I didn't mean you Tormenta. I should have quoted those posts but I was too lazy at late night/early morning :)

Also it's always too late for a direction change this late in the development.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
"
Septile wrote:

Titan Quest did not have anything interesting going on. Everything was bland except the graphics: intrigue, quests, skills and pacing were all utterly uninteresting. As for the items - sure they did not have to be picked up and they could be filtered out but why were they there in the first place? The garbage on the ground only serves one purpose and that is to distract the player from the fact that he is playing a game where nothing interesting happens. If a player finds the game beyond the garbage piles interesting enough to keep playing it over and over again, it is a telltale sign of retardation.

Torchlight only has one thing going for it and that is the fact that it is over quickly.

The problem with Titan's Quest the game was designed with skills in mind. The bigger the monster the harder you pushed. The items in the game were basically tools to show how flashy you could be.

Torchlight is a very casual game. The only problem is the skills take up too much mana in the beginning and it's very hard to find anything to supplement bad skill investments. You end up doing the whole sparta bit: battle, recuperate, battle, recuperate, go back to town to horde some pots. This carries on for a long time. There's also no respawning of monsters or repeatable quests to acquire balancing.

D3? Seems like you'll need a book and an education to figure out what to do with that game.

This game seems straight forward, reasonable monster ratios, and the gem system seems like all it'll do is augment the damage to add flavor, help out in a jam, and not be codependency.

edit: silly quote bracket
"
"
Septile wrote:

Too much loot? I very rarely EVER had a full inventory in either of those games. Unless you're talking about the few people with downs syndrome playing the game who pick up gray and white items(aka the items nobody uses after level 1.) You're really just talking complete nonsense, I don't think you even played Titan Quest or Torch Light, you just watched some gameplay videos and drew all of your conclusions from that. I'm assuming so because you don't seem to know anything about either of those games.

Haha, I need to grow up and learn some manners. I've only heard that about 500 times from 14 year olds trying to appear mature on the internet. FYI, me slathering my posts in sarcasm gravy isn't my online persona, it's how I communicate with people I think are stupid.

You could have just said "Yes I have never played Titan Quest or Torchlight."
"
Rustychops wrote:
So the casuals go on the normal drop server. Casuals being the ones that dont mind seeing everyone in the same best gear. As they dont have time to work for all the best gear. Hardcores that really want to work for their gear and feel a sence of self accomplishment will join the -95% drop league.

I really still dont see the problem here =_=....

Although I am getting a good laugh out of all the rage :P

Adding to that, with randomised items, you're not going to have the standard mass-market apparel of WoW. There will be no tier 3 armour that is all the same. You have the fun of looking for an armour with better stats. So even the top casual players won't be wearing the same stats.

As a carebear player, I like being rewarded frequently with items. In D2 I play a necro, so that my skeletons do all my killing and I just look at the loot and decide what to keep and equip :) In Titan Quest, I loved collecting the items and getting better and better things as the game progressed.

I don't see the value in high level areas dropping lots of junk items, but it is nice to have something to equip near the start of the game. I hate seeing empty slots for essentials like boots.
I put the romance in necromancer <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info