this is how D3 was supposed to be like

Im sorry that im refering to another copyrighted game in the title, hope i wont be banned, but im so frustrated with D3's direction...

For us older gamers from d1,d2 etc, PoE is all we need. Dark gothic world, claustophobic scary dungeons, fast gameplay. I really hate D3's WoW-cartoony new art style as many other original players.

Anyways, gongratz GGG on ur awesome work so far. This is an example of how a small and unknown gaming dev company can make miracles.

Btw, regarding beta, is there anything else required except acc registration? Waited for a form to fill with our system specs at least. Weird...

My first post :) Happy 2011 to everybody

edit: grammar ;)
---------------------------------------------------
~ Main character: Butcher (marauder, softcore) ~
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Jun 20, 2013, 4:58:20 AM
"
greatjh1 wrote:

Btw, regarding beta, is there anything else required except acc registration? Waited for a formula to fulfill with our system specs at least. Weird...

My first post :) Happy 2011 to everybody

Nothing else is required, and account is all you need. Welcome to the forums :)
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I must say I fully agree. And as disappointed I am with the development of D3, I'm just as pissed off at the fact that they seem to deny that it's less gritty and dark than previous games, just because them too had colorful parts. Bullshit.

Path of Exile seems to me like an answer to all my prayers! I like it that they're not trying to make it "friendly" for everyone to play, but more like a gift for the hardcore fans of gritty RPGs.
What's funny for me is that I had never really noticed how cartoony D3 style is, before I saw the gameplay videos of PoE.

As a Diablo 1 and 2 fan I am truly surprised today for being more excited about playing PoE then D3.

Keep up the great work GGG! :-)
Join my army of the dead!
thx 4 the warm welcome

@Iosif
I know what u mean. Funny thing is that the largest portion of d3's active community is satisfied with this new cartoony art-style (too much WoW?). I feel so bad to say this, but d3 so far, doesnt seem to differ enough from all the other thousands asian-mmo games of the market. PoE however does.

Anyways, im not here to judge another game that it has nothing to do with PoE. Im here to point out the great direction the game is taking for all of us.

Btw, i might sound naive, but i do hope PoE will be a d3 killer. Imagine only if those guys at GGG had the funds for more developing, supporting and marketing...
World of Diablo has a lot of old timers upset with it's direction. I'm not happy with it however, I have to try it just because it's Blizzard. They make damn good games. There is a lot of junkware out there. IMO Valve and Blizzard are the only reliable companies left for great PC games. Even if Bliz ruins Diablo. If I'm not mistaken, the guys who made Diablo are long gone from Blizzard. That's why the new version looks well...not like the Diablo we know and loved.

I always try to give indies a shot. PoE has me more excited than D3. Everything I have read so far sounds awsome(except for the fact it's free). These guys appear to be making a great(the) Diablo replacement where so many others have failed(mostly due to charaters being kept serverside) Duh.

GGG seems to get it. They seem to understand all the pieces necessary to create the next great game in this genre. I can't wait to try it. If I enjoy it, I'll be sure to throw money at them.

I'm sure most people who enjoy RPGs will try both however, I only hope the free crowd(chat spammers, bots and cheaters) do not drive away the playerbase. I'm sure it's going to get ugly with the game being free. That and the servers are going to get BOMBED on. :(

Good hunting
To be honest, i believe ill give d3 a shot too no matter how unpleasant it seems to my eyes, just because i loved the diablo series and offcourse for blizzard making quality games.

It will be a good game, thats for sure, its just wont be diablo...

I've been playing on b.net for many years, ill be hurt to see the average age of the community being like 15 yo.
And by saying this, i dont underestimate teenagers' intelligence nowdays, its just that they have grown up with a different style of gameplay than we did. I was 15 when d2 was released...

But u know what? I never bought SC2, which i believe is just a graphical improvement of SC1 and that is all. Nothing new. Im not a Blizzard gamer, im a genre player

Anyways, i fully support PoE from now on ;)

as whats needed.. I would say PC
A friend of mine downloaded Diablo 1 voice work to his iphone. I swear hearing King Leoric or Lazarus speak was so dark and scary sounding. diablo 2 and beyond seems like childs play in comparison

This is why i have high hopes for this game. Its a dark, graphic and the tone really immerses me. I think the skill system is very unique and can't wait to give this a try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info