Development Stories - Creating Scourge Lore

"
MrMondragon wrote:
Please, please, please, bring scourge into the core!

No thanks, poe has enough clutter per se already.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
supadup6 wrote:
I have a dream. A crazy dream.
A dream that sometime, somewhere, during the course of this league, I will actually find a single scourged item worth picking up

XD
Considering every Exile who completes the 10 acts has to fight and kill the gods, this already hints that each Exile is in their own version of Wraeclast, otherwise how could thousands and thousands of gods die?

Does that then mean that those worlds where the players got bored before completing the acts inadvertently caused the apocalypse on those worlds? Maybe the Scourge is just an extension of what would happen in a Kitava run world with Chaos' influence?

Does this also mean that the 3.17 major update will be centred around Chaos?

I do love the lore of this game.
"
dachoppa wrote:
scourge league has lore? so why do we just shove a disgusting device into our bodies because some random person tells us to?

What else are you going to do on a Saturday night?
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
supadup6 wrote:
I have a dream. A crazy dream.
A dream that sometime, somewhere, during the course of this league, I will actually find a single scourged item worth picking up

That's just crazy talk.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
To me, this league feels unfinished story-wise. We invite The Last To Die to our hideout. Alva is there, why are they not reacting to seeing themselves from other dimensions?
I do like this bit and I'm glad the lore will be extended (I didn't know the bit about Chaos as I didn't play Ultimatum), but I agree with a few of the previous posters that the story in Scourge seems cut off. Particularly after the gem that Expedition was story-wise, I was hoping for more along the same lines, whatever the theme, and kept expecting that The Last to Die will have something to say when I reach the maps, or when I encounter bosses, etc.... but, sadly, nothing.

So this whole league feels more like a teaser than a proper league, story-wise.

Now, of course, I know there are many players who don't care about the story, who skip through it and just want cool stuff to kill. And that's OK (although it makes me shake my head in disbelief :)), but adding more story doesn't decrease their enjoyment, as they can simply skip it. While not having enough story does decrease the enjoyment for us lore fans, and significantly so.

So... GGG... do keep this in mind for the next league, yes? :)
Doesnt Scourge lore end in Twilight Strand when you put in Krangler?
I`m sure you hired Michael Bay to do this thing with Tencent money since that was the only cool thing about league tbh Scourge wise.
Is there a lore reason why conqueror's mobs (and other random mobs like spiders) exist in the alternate reality?

Like I would have though it's just demons, but that's not the case?
"
0racle wrote:
Is there a lore reason why conqueror's mobs (and other random mobs like spiders) exist in the alternate reality?

Like I would have though it's just demons, but that's not the case?

Agreed to this, should be demons only on the other side.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info