[3.21] Megachonk RF Jugg | Ultra Tanky + Endgame Viable + Very good starter

Well your gloves are pretty bad imo, dot implicit is trash compared to what you can get from eldritch, like fire exposure and or some max res or fire dot multi, which is amazing, the res is ok i guess, but you could just throw life+chaos fossils at is for somethign better, max life life regen, regen rate and chaos res woulc be amazeing or even possibly get a level 4 englithn sentinel glvoe which is sup duper cool, your boots really need to be legacey of fury its that good, get one with +1 socketed gems so yor enlighten is a level 4 which is great for mana, get a stygian with elder influcne, then slap it with life and chaos fossils till you get level 22 enduring cry, +life, +%life, +regen, +regen rate, +chaos, +chaos while under flask in some combination, i really like having the skill on the implcit its so handy, i personally think that later on you shoudl switch to a rare shield with +3 fire and +2 all max res sicne its so hadny and can have fun mods like 100+ regen, +100+ life, and if its a hunter shield it coudl even have +% max life

"
Kilgu wrote:
I'm still feeling a bit squishy when it comes to stuff like elder and shaper. Any advice on what to upgrade next in my build? Nearly 4.9k life, 87/87/87/79 res. 92k armour

Made some minor tweaks but just for QoL, build feels good, very relaxed and laid back play style.

Spent 4 extra points to path to Carrion just so basically everything is under the effect of a frost bomb all the time without me having to worry about it.

Thanks for the build.

usual large cluster
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jun 24, 2022, 8:49:47 AM
I would not recommended using carrion over frost bomb, it is less of a regen cut and is completely worthless against hexproof regenerating mobs where your damage is already lessened.

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Made some minor tweaks but just for QoL, build feels good, very relaxed and laid back play style.

Spent 4 extra points to path to Carrion just so basically everything is under the effect of a frost bomb all the time without me having to worry about it.

Thanks for the build.

usual large cluster
Np, was just being lazy, put it back on, hopefully the next league this gets some good play, its so tanky and can still kill actual bosses.

Hey, it was mentioned that the build is an excellent uber lab farmer. Does it also do well with the gift of goddess? Thanks :)
if you use a hunter orb on that shield it will gain between 3-10% maximum life
50/50 on the 3-6 and 7-10, but its guaranteed assuming it has an open prefix which it looks like it does, not sure if there's something cooler for it, also, damn i want that shield

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Np, was just being lazy, put it back on, hopefully the next league this gets some good play, its so tanky and can still kill actual bosses.

Thank you but its 6/6, all t1s, no room.

I am historically lazy, I always favor more defense/life/sustain etc over killing something 3 seconds quicker so the shield was a good investment for me.

I also went tasalio cleansing water for the 20% of phys taken as fire and I do my skill tree slightly different in the bottom just for more tankiness. My ring gives me the dex needed so I go lethal pride for timeless, you can get life regen, physical taken as fire, strength %, burning damage, SO many good nodes, then I carry 50% chaos resist on my watcher's eye to cover that.

Killed uber elder suped up and pretty much everything else, with the archnememis mods I technically can die, once in a while something will happen but for the most part its impossible to die, just afk and get my coffee in the middle of an packed map.

Normally id go like 400ex and perfect every piece, ask Brunowa or RicoKGB etc, when I do POE I go hard but this leagues so dead so early itd be hard.

Its ashamed there arent more people playing the build, in the past most of the RF builds have been pretty dogshi* imo but this one is legit, gonna play it next league, easy as fk to start, was running RF at like lv22.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jun 29, 2022, 8:37:27 AM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Its ashamed there arent more people playing the build, in the past most of the RF builds have been pretty dogshi* imo but this one is legit, gonna play it next league, easy as fk to start, was running RF at like lv22.

Well, I have tried, I really have, but I die way too often for my liking. I dont know how to link my gear but I tried that frame shield, died instantly in a T8 map or something, have swapped to a shield with +5% life on block, it goes better, I have big troubles with most red maps though.

I moved away from Fire trap to scorching ray, but I'll move back, that scorching dont do dmg and most monsters seems to dont really care if I fire-expose them.

I come from an "almost-unkillable" Inquisitor so its really hard to be so squishy, the RF is really fun though I just wished I didnt died so often..
Np mate I can prolly help a bit, glancing at youre skill tree the 1st thing you need to do is get the hearty node and wheel, try to follow the original tree in PoB or copy mine if you want, its more mistake friendly.

The special passives inside the circles are big for us, make sure they are all filled in according to the PoB. The skill tree though is really hurting you, I think mine would fit you better.

Also make sure you are aiming for 90% fire resist then like 86 cold/lightning, id also advise tasalios cleansing water over the dps one, that 20% of physical taken as fire when you have 90% resist is clutch on the big hits from endgame bosses.

Were pretty far apart on resists and regen though, you kinda went youre own way too much, this build allows some room but not much, like your extra cluster jewels and manually pathing all that stuff to breath of flames just strangled youre overall life and sustain which is crucial.

To be clear for transparency its safe to copy my tree, im far from the smartest guy but my changes have been adopted and written in pretty big guides like Brunowa's King of Summoners and the Dancing Ice Queen Scion. Im an older gamer in rl that loves edibles and has injuries from the service so I strive for the least buttons and max tankiness.

Anyways swap those nodes around and lmk, gl.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jun 29, 2022, 9:08:22 AM
Ok, thx.
I admit I startet the tree from a build found in poe.ninja, then swapped over here. And I admit I have only played this game since april, so I'm new and dont know much.

I cannot afford the fancy 7-8 ex helmet but less have to do for now.
Since the alternative right now for me is to abandon the build, I'll follow your tree and see where it takes me, luckely I have orbs enough :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info