3.16.0d Hotfix

GGG pls change scourg! its not bad leagu BUT super bad atm!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
It's like ggg doesn't want their customers to explore their game/mechanics/items. They're hindering their customers in any shape or form to use their items they designed to be used, but on the other hand they don't want them to be used. [Removed By Support] There was finally ONE good qol solution in your utterly clutterly super broken and bugged game and you guys removed it? [Removed By Support]
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Nov 7, 2021, 2:31:48 PM
Says a lot they think this is a bug.
If it was actually giving the effect while unallocated that's one thing; but the ability to actually check how a timeless jewel is gonna work without literally specing a scion just to be a data tool is REALLY lame.

Then again even basic QoL seems to be against GGG's plans for the game at this point.
"
colossalaiur wrote:
I think the exploit would be if you put in thread of hope or intuitive leap, it lets you allocate those points even without getting that jewel socket. Since it's patched so I can't test but looks like it works based on GGG's wording. It's not pretending that it is in, IT IS IN THAT JEWEL SOCKET AND FUNCTIONING.

That literally is not how that works. If that was what was happening then socketing a timeless jewel automatically would've given every passive in range, unallocated or not.

If we're talking about interaction with intuitive leap and others with passive node pathing/allocation effects, THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. Those jewels are also VERY limited in use/acquisition.

What they patched was the ability to check what five EXTREMELY RANDOM jewels will do to any particular set of passives around a jewel socket without literally specing a scion to be nothing but a data tool.

MOST jewels don't need this because the stated effects are obvious at a glance, timeless jewels aren't.
Well if you can see what a Timeless jewel does while having it in an unallocated Jewel socket...
I'd wager they actually transformed the passives around them, giving those extra/different bonuses to allocated passives in the radius, saving you 2-3 points to path to the jewel socket.

Not sure how that bug interacted with Thread of Hope or Intuitive Leap, but if it allowed allocating Passives in the radius, without allocating the jewel, that would be an exploit as well.

Now in the best case scenario it was purely visual.
In which case it would be confusing to less experienced players why they're not getting what's written on those jewels and the passives around them.

I fully support GGGs decision to remove that unintented behaviour until further investigation rather than leaving a potential exploit in the game.

BUT

I really hope the bug returns as a feature, since it would be a huge QoL for Timeless Jewels and if you already got the jewels for your build you could presocket them, which is nice to have.

But it should be clear visually, that those jewels and any effect they might have on surrounding passives are not active!
Maybe grey it out or something.
"
MAD_DAWG wrote:
It's like ggg doesn't want their customers to explore their game/mechanics/items. They're hindering their customers in any shape or form to use their items they designed to be used, but on the other hand they don't want them to be used. [Removed By Support] There was finally ONE good qol solution in your utterly clutterly super broken and bugged game and you guys removed it? [Removed By Support]

What are you on about? 3.16 was literally THE QoL update.
The jewel thing was just one small thing that was unexpected, we don't even know yet if it might return or not as a proper feature.

This bug might just have been a happy little accident that'll give GGG the idea to implement this feature properly. You can't just leave unexpected behaviour in the game unless you're sure it won't cause issues.
Did you just broke or nerfed harbingers ? I Literally ran 50 maps/150 harbingers and dropped only 1 stack of exalted shards ?
200 ping on eu realm?
Try PoB......................................
"
Naxious wrote:
Try PoB......................................

It doesn't work.
Last edited by Vocasek9 on Nov 9, 2021, 12:03:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info