[Bug?] Power Charge on Critical not working with Totems

Is this intended or a bug? I had levelled up a Sporker to be built around this gem, only to find out it doesn't work =[

"
Valentia wrote:
Is this intended or a bug? I had levelled up a Sporker to be built around this gem, only to find out it doesn't work =[

Are your totems getting the charges? I know if you put Enduring Cry on a totem, it would give the charges/visual to the totem.

Does your totem get the power charges when it crits?
Do you crit or does your totem?

Derp.

I wouldnt think this gem would work with totems at all.
How is this a derp? Faster Casting just says 30% Increased Cast Speed. Yet not only does my totem cast faster with the gem, but the totems also shoot faster.

Power Charge on Critical says: "30% chance to gain a power charge on critical". How is this any different? It does not say when 'when you critical'. Just 'on critical'.

PS: The totems aren't getting the charges either.
Last edited by Valentia on Apr 7, 2013, 11:04:06 PM
"
Valentia wrote:
How is this a derp? Faster Casting just says 30% Increased Cast Speed. Yet not only does my totem cast faster with the gem, but the totems also shoot faster.

Power Charge on Critical says: "30% chance to gain a power charge on critical". How is this any different? It does not say when 'when you critical'. Just 'on critical'.

PS: The totems aren't getting the charges either.

It won't work on totems because totems do not gain charges, only players gain charges who can then share charges with teammates for example.

It should be added to the description, however you can always tell if a support gem works with a skill gem by looking at the hot key and seeing if a little letter is in the top right corner. no letter, then the support doesn't effect the skill in question.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
You mean this little letter?

http://i.imgur.com/N1CCmQ1.png
The totems are gaining the power charge. They have 0 maximum power charges.
This is exactly the same as totems gaining frenzy charges already works (and how power siphon works on RAT).

The totem used the skill, not you, so only it can gain the charge. But totems have 0 maximum for frenzy and power charges because they can't benefit from them.

This is on the table to be improved in future.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is exactly the same as totems gaining frenzy charges already works (and how power siphon works on RAT).

The totem used the skill, not you, so only it can gain the charge. But totems have 0 maximum for frenzy and power charges because they can't benefit from them.

Thank you. I am just kinda sad since I chose my passives for a Power Charge build (and also my bandit rewards). You say that it is on the table to be improved in the future- can you expand on this? Do you intend to allow what I wanted to do?

My plan was the average Sporker build but instead focused around Power Charges and Conduit. I planned to use my 2x Spark Totems to provide Power Charges for the group.
But totems do gain endurance charges.
"
Valentia wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thank you. I am just kinda sad since I chose my passives for a Power Charge build (and also my bandit rewards). You say that it is on the table to be improved in the future- can you expand on this? Do you intend to allow what I wanted to do?

My plan was the average Sporker build but instead focused around Power Charges and Conduit. I planned to use my 2x Spark Totems to provide Power Charges for the group.

Yeah i wanted to head in the same direction.
I was hoping my totems would grant power charges and that they would also benefit from them so that i dont have to go all out in the crit nodes and use the increased crit strike gem.
I would like some more clarification on the mods post on what he ment by "This is on the table to be improved in future."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info