Multistrike

"
Vipermagi wrote:
...What? That's not English, try again.

ok, sry for my worse english... i was in a haste typing that :<

i was trying to say that once my cyclone is casted WITHOUT multistrike(!) every single hit rolls its own crit chance as long as the cyclone continues.
With multistrike, cyclone rolls the first "hit" on an enemy (crit or no crit) and THAT decision affects every single hit right after the first one as long the cyclone is running.

This means: first Crit = all following hits crit
"
DefloS wrote:
i was trying to say that once my cyclone is casted WITHOUT multistrike(!) every single hit rolls its own crit chance as long as the cyclone continues.
No, this does not happen. All skills always roll the crit roll once per skill use, cyclone is no exception.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 10, 2014, 8:57:02 PM
Is it multistrike broken? Example (Reave or Frenzy) :

Without multistrike :
Press skill once and got 1 frezny charge or reave buff

With mutistrike :
Press skill once, I hit 3 enemies but still got only 1 frenzy charge or reave buff. Shouldn't I get 3?
"
Malwin wrote:

Without multistrike :

With mutistrike :
Press skill once, I hit 3 enemies but still got only 1 frenzy charge or reave buff. Shouldn't I get 3?
other players reported multistrike granting reave stacks, while frenzy only granting one charge is correct if you read the skill gem. frenzy grants a charge when the skill is used and connects, not per hit.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Malwin wrote:

Without multistrike :

With mutistrike :
other players reported multistrike granting reave stacks, while frenzy only granting one charge is correct if you read the skill gem. frenzy grants a charge when the skill is used and connects, not per hit.

Ah yea my mistake, it works fine for reave. But still frenzy description is a little bit confusing :

"
Performs an attack that gives the character a frenzy charge if it hits.

I hit 3 times with multistrike.
Just curious, have you ever considered having multistrike'd leapslam and cyclone tell the client the actual coordinates it's sending you to (Perhaps for movement skills in general, even.), rather then monster it's sending you to? Or even doing individual forced syncs of the monster you press the skill button on?

I'm not entirely sure if that is what is going on, but it sure feels that way the way it desyncs. Something like this might help a bit, since when you click on a monster for the skill, it's not always where the client says it is. So all the strange things we've seen happen with movement skills when you attack like that.
multistrike should really just keep attacking the original target instead of attacking 3 different targets randomly
[Removed by Support]
It randomly selects targets as a design decision to keep you from being screwed too hard by desync.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
And to reduce its power all the same. Heavy Strike in the middle of a pack won't get a Boss down very fast, because two outta three hits go elsewhere.
The other option is losing two out of three hits to minor server/client positional differences in targeting.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info