Multistrike

Less/more damage stacks multiplicatively with similar mods. If you have 30% less and 40% less, that's 70% multiplied by 60% which gives 42% (58% less)

Reduced/increased is additive with similar mods.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Zeikos wrote:
the projectiles get the 40% reduction but do they get the bonus damage from levelling the skill? I would say they don't because the tootip says Increased Physical Damage, is this intended?

Even worse acctually - says "Melee physical dmg" so it doesn't boost the projectiles at all - not even the phys component. Same goes for all elemental builds. All the penalty and no reward.

Having said that it's still one on my preferred gems with LS so it still works even though it's been nerfed to the ground.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
So, is it intended that lightning strike is the ONLY skill that gets all the penalty but none of the leveling damage bonus when linked with multistrike? How is this "fix" balanced?
The melee damage bonus still applies to the target you hit, just not the secondary damage from the bolts. To address your question: it's not the only skill (or even melee skill) where secondary damage is not buffed by a support that increases physical melee damage (or just multistrike specifically).

That said, I'm not sure if they have any specific reason not to have it buff "physical attack damage" instead of "physical melee damage"; Generally I don't think (or at least don't recall) physical attack damage being a term they've ever used in their coding/mechanics, so that may be why.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on May 2, 2013, 8:03:50 PM
I guess that the Iron Grip node doesnt apply to that bonus, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IGN: Oxflar
"
jldg wrote:
I guess that the Iron Grip node doesnt apply to that bonus, right?

Iron grip will apply just the same as before - and the same as all other added dmg the gains will be subject to the 40% less. The increase phys dmg from lvl'ing multistrike will be separate from iron grip anyways but as we've concluded it doesn't apply to any projectiles or any other non-phys dmg.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
please remove the auto targeting!
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
estu87 wrote:
i'm sorry, please explain how this is bad.
Auto Targeting with this is bad on Cyclone. Its annoying when you are trying to attack a rare or boss and it keeps going further and further away because of the auto target. Also it seems to quadruple the desync issues with Cyclone also.
IGN Raikker
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
estu87 wrote:
i'm sorry, please explain how this is bad.

this ->>

"
Mokak wrote:
Auto Targeting with this is bad on Cyclone. Its annoying when you are trying to attack a rare or boss and it keeps going further and further away because of the auto target. Also it seems to quadruple the desync issues with Cyclone also.

there should be an option to turn off auto targeting.

cyclone+multistrike = superspinofdesyncmodearrghrhrmnerdRAGEEEEEEE
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
Last edited by estu87 on May 6, 2013, 12:28:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info