Multistrike

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
I would be very happy, if multistrike would always target the very nearest target of your current position, and not a random target.

I have a multistrike/flickerstrike/highcrit/terminus est char. Everything would be great and fine, if i not would permanent desync.
The reason it doesn't target the nearest one is because doing so is, far, far more prone to desync. If it targeted the nearest, you'd get out of sync more often and faster, because very small differences in monster position due to latency between client and server can very easily change which monster is the nearest to you.

But than i would desync, but stand near to the position iam actualy flickering...and could resync with a leap slam. Is there a possibility to give it a try?
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 26, 2013, 3:45:03 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
I would be very happy, if multistrike would always target the very nearest target of your current position, and not a random target.

I have a multistrike/flickerstrike/highcrit/terminus est char. Everything would be great and fine, if i not would permanent desync.
The reason it doesn't target the nearest one is because doing so is, far, far more prone to desync. If it targeted the nearest, you'd get out of sync more often and faster, because very small differences in monster position due to latency between client and server can very easily change which monster is the nearest to you.

also always attacking nearest character would destroy the monkey-grind-core-drummer effect multistrike currently is... which is kinda cool.

leapslam + dualwield multistrike cleave = a grindcore drummer monkey
who jumps from pack to pack drumming like crazy on mob-heads
IGN: Artimunor
Last edited by Artimunor on Apr 26, 2013, 4:30:29 AM
u got a monkey drummer..i got a spaceship enterprice flickerstrike-teleporting lawnmower ;) love it on non map stuff.. lawnmowing the doxx ;).. if it would make a sound than its "moeeeehhhhhhhhh"
Last edited by krassi3000 on Apr 26, 2013, 3:13:50 PM
For this ability, I would prefer that it would attack a single target multiple times until it is dead, and then choose another target if it is available. When there are multiple enemies around me, I start attacking them randomly, spreading out the damage that I want to be concentrated on a certain enemy (or in a single area/direction). The random factor removes a lot of targeting strategy, and prevents things like stunlocking a given target.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
Ellohir wrote:
also, you GGG arent consistent about multistrike
WE are, and in fact have no option not to be.
"
Ellohir wrote:
why multistrike with leap slam doesnt choose random targets
It does.
We can't have multistrike different for certain skills because multistrike is common to all attacks, and thus lives in the shared code that is executed by all attacks. It isn't separately implemented in every skill, that would be a ridiculous amount of code duplication, and a nightmare to maintain.
Anyone has tested multistrike with raise zombie or summon skeleton? Shouldnt they multistrike then? Dont know if this is a good idea but 8 multistriking zombies with added fire damage, minion damage and supported with wrath and anger aura sounds like fun to me. ^^
i tried to use frenzy with multistrike as result i get only 1 charge per atack is this intended ???????????
In my opinion it would make the support a lot more viable if it would act as if 3 separate attacks were made; this would make it useful for critical builds which want to smoothen out their DPS a bit instead of being hit and miss with lots of overkill.

Supposedly life gain on hit gains extra health from subsequent attacks, so why shouldn't critical hits be calculated individually as well?

I guess it would be pretty strong with frenzy, but what's so bad about that? it doesn't make frenzy overpowered, especially since it's melee-only. Frenzy is underused right now if anything.

Overall I think the skill is too niche right now, and that making it more useful by having it simulate individual attacks would be a nice small change to the skill making it have more use (such as smoothening DPS). Right now it seems limited to just a few little niches like flicker strike and life gain on hit.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Apr 30, 2013, 4:30:20 AM
Question about this gem with Lightning Strike.
I know it got fixed , and i'm fine with it , but the point is : the projectiles get the 40% reduction but do they get the bonus damage from levelling the skill? I would say they don't because the tootip says Increased Physical Damage, is this intended? I need to know for planning my build accuratly :P

( another question: the damage reduction is additive with the -30% reduction of the skill itself? or it's 40% of the 70% remaining?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info