Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

Thanks. But honestly, I'm not sure more of T3 scourged item is necessarily the buff that would change scourge items desirability.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Why is the baseline damage for Scourge monsters so much higher than equivalent level non-league monsters?
There's already a scaling risk-to-reward mechanic, so shouldn't the entry point for the league content be par with the difficulty the player is accustomed to from other content?
"
Problem:
It's too difficult to find powerful pre-Scourged Items (which drop occasionally while inside the Nightmare).

Solution:
Dramatically increase the tier of Scourged Modifiers you find on pre-scourged items, especially while in Maps. For example, you'll now find approximately twice as many Tier 3 Scourged Items as before in maps.

The above solutions will be deployed in a patch today. We are also working on another upcoming improvement that we'll deploy next week.

Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

This is not enough.

The problem is not only the scourge mods counteracting.

The items themselves don't drop well rolled. We didn't use rares before, and we STILL won't use these.

The Scourged Level 3 items SHOULD be smart rolls (like heist). I don't understand why you are so reluctant to this.

The end game is dominated by crafted influenced chest pieces and crafted weapons. How much power do you think that the scourge implicit provides?!

I feel like you just aren't understanding the end game gearing at all.
Unfortunately better scourged mods on random rares won't mean anything if the explicits are still trash.
docArrive
PRAISE
I mean one of the reasons it was impossible to find good pre scourged rare items is that they're rare items that cannot be crafted.

The problem wasn't the tier of the scourge mods it's that they drop like items and who uses items that drop.

As for everything else, well scourge maps are still late endgame content for after you're totally geared so it basically doesn't count as anything.
Last edited by j33bus on Oct 28, 2021, 9:39:22 PM
Cool
I think these are a great step in the right direction.

Thank you for being responsive to the concerns posed by the community, GGG.
Now this could be a LEAGUE. Nice job listening the community with this.
Thanks for the constant work you all are doing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info