[3.20] L1uke's Bane/ED LL Occultist | Leaguestart to Endgame (now with new versions)

Hey. Thanks for the build. I’ve always loved essence drain builds. One thing though. At 82, I’m feeling pretty squishy on rare t10 maps. Damage is fine. But, if I get rushed by a mob and I can’t dash away, I’m dropped. I know my gear isn’t their best but I’m def capped in every resistance except chaos, which is only 3 points away. I’ve not done Uber yet so I’m wondering if I should back off the rares and just run them normal… Lol. Also, what level should you switch over to low life es? Any tips would be appreciated.
@kailyn1980

Hi, when it comes to defenses I tend to ask the same few questions first.

-Do you have all labs?
-Do you have enough ES on your gear?
-Are you at least lvl 75?
-Are you using defensive auras together with mastery Ghost Dance?
-Flask uptime?
-Are you rolling hard mods on your maps (less recovery, more dmg taken, lowered resistances)?
-Are you capped on all resistances?

What concerns your spec. into ES LL.. once you have the currency and all labs. Please take into consideration that you need a good amount of ES. To feel good, you should aim for that crispy 5k mark. You can get around 8k with more investment but 4.5-5k should be enough with all around gain es on hit/kill, regen and recoup.

The life version is mostly meant for leveling.. the fact that you got to T10 with it is quite impressive, besides evasion, that version doesn't offer much defense. If you have any more questions, feel free to write here or pm me on discord.
lol effective hit pool is 15k.

This is a bait build.
Im playing HoT autobomber and i have bigger effective hit pool than this build and faster clear and single target.

I mean what is the point of this ? is this specialized for something or what ?
Hey,

I have underestimated in the beginning how foolproof do I need to make the guide for everybody to understand what to build and how to play it. To which I again believed, that whatever is not mentioned in the build notes in the POB will be asked in the comments (and there were some very relevant questions and concerns). Yet some people (either here in comments or in PMs) ignore both of those. Which on one hand, from the perspective of an unbiased person just looking for a fun build to play, I guess I understand, you won't read absolutely everything before checking the basics. For those people I'm here to clarify whatever they have on their mind. On the other hand, from the perspective of the person making this build, that was most relevant 4 leagues ago, but still takes the time and effort to keep it alive, comments like these just surprise me.

What concerns the effective hit pool, I'm sure you know precisely how is it calculated and you wouldn't just bluntly mock it. That number is still relevant, even after the curse tree rework. Might have gotten more expensive in the process, haven't tried to play this build this league, but with enough investment, you can make a stupidly effective (for a caster build standard) build.

I'm sure there are more stronger, safer and more intricate builds than this. I mean the main spells we use are a circle and a single slow projectile... This is my first build attempt that I have decided to post online, since it worked so well I did almost all challenges that league (excluding the absolute grindy ones, since I am still a full time working man)

If you're looking for the BEST BUILD EVER AND FOREVER... You might want to check some attack builds instead. They tend to be more foolproof, but also more expensive on average, but those PoB numbers though right? ;)
Last edited by L1uke on Mar 26, 2023, 7:10:04 AM
Hi L1uke,

I was wondering what curse limit do we need here to use the potential of the build.

We have:
Temporal chains
Despair
Enfeeble (Or Punishment)

Afaik Bane itself does not count as a curse, so we have 3 curses.

I this build the curse limit is 4:

Whispers of Doom notable passive
Unholy Authority from Ascendancy tree
+1 from chest armour
1 default

My question is do we need the curse limit set to 4 or 3 will be enough?
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks!

P.S.
The build is really nice to play, I'm still enjoying is despite the changes.
Thanks for the comment :)

Haven't updated anything this league, hopefully it still works okay...

The simple answer to that question would be that I have been rebuilding the POB so many times, it is possible I have left the better gear in together with the part of the tree going to the +curse. Three curses are fine, no need for more. I think I have mentioned that already somewhere but if you get the chest mod, then just save some skillpoints and path towards something else.

Glad you're enjoying otherwise, means a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info