Non Stop Crashing

Try clearing out every log in the logs folder;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\logs

No idea where this would be for the Steam client though.

The Client.txt seems to bulk out every crash instead of clearing out properly when you exit the game normally, this file logs everything that happens in your current login session, allocating nodes in the skill tree, people talking in chat, transferring between instances, moving things in storage, trading with NPC's, everything.

After deleting it and letting the game re-populate it the game stopped crashing for me, keep in mind this may only be temporary and might need to be deleted again if you start crashing again (since the file gets larger and larger)

Been playing PoE on and off for years and never had an issue like this before Scourge league =/

Anyways, I hope this helps
Cleaning the log files doesn't work, I still crash upon entering twilight strands with my first character so I can't even play this new league, never happened to me before .
having exact same issue
I play since closed beta and I've never had such issues since 3.16. This game is unplayable now. Please GGG, do something about it.
Oh... one other thing... towns are loading much longer in 3.16. I got CTD's mostly but there are some neverending town loading screens too.
Last edited by Thoian on Oct 26, 2021, 2:26:40 PM
as an IT maybe i could help while GGG gives an answer. for me game didnt crashed since Scourge release.. i would like to know what are you guys running in background/taskbar (Discord, msi afterburner etc etc)
i run windows 11 latest insider build
Ryzen 2600x
16gb ram
geforce 1660 super

as always keep all driver up to date. dont play the game on Vulkan mode
Me and my friends are all crashing frequently when loading in to zones. It was never an issue before Scourge.
REALLY!!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Still non stop crashing.....
I'm in the same boat. Ryzen 2600 and gtx 1080
Any word would be nice. Games unplayable and that just seems wrong to be silent on a product being unusable.
Even after this patch I am still crashing a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info