[3.17] Poisonous Concoction PF | Poison prolif clear | Budget gear to 7M+ dps | A8 Sirus down

Edit: I swapped to IR version of this build. So far I'm liking it, but not too sure whether it's so much better than the ES/EVA version. Mainly because of lack of cluster jewels, my damage output is lower. I'll leave my original thoughts below as is.

----

Hey there. I'm folllowing a hybrid of this guide + nugiyen's eva/es build. I've played PoE in the past but missed some leagues, so i feel like I'm missing some obvious things/QoL improvements so if anyone can provide some feedback to my items/build, please do so!

Few things I'm doing different vs. OP's eva/es build:

- Running 4 auras; Grace (soon to be replaced by Vaal Grace)/Malevolence/Purity of Elements/Herald of Agony

Since I'm running 4 auras, I'm using a 30% Reservation Efficiency on shield + 60% malevolence efficiency on amulet with Sovereignty annoint, 36% herald efficiency on ring. Together with Anom. GMP I have just enough mana + mana on hit/leech that I can comfortably map+boss without going OOM.

- 8 passive large chaos cluster: More damage

- Withered comes from Divergent Poisonus Conc. as opposed to totem+withered (+Withering steps) I found totems to be way too clunky. Im planning of getting Anomalous Herald of Agony to get withered stacks even faster.

- Increased duration of ailments while focused on helm: I got pretty lucky and crafted an amazing helmet + yolo exalted t2 life. Very happy with this helm overall, the boss damage is insane when focused.

I also got pretty lucky and managed to unveil a Shock nearby enemies when focused ring, with T1 accuracy and some all res + life&mana. Crafted a non-channeling skills have -7 mana cost to it.

- Got a lucky Watcher's Eye with Phys damage converted to fire, so went with Dying Sun flask to couple those 2. I'm taking considerably less physical damage now, which was a huge issue for me.

I'm still getting randomly one shot from time to time, especially with 150+ scourge stacks on red maps. I do feel like this is an issue a lot people have, so I'm not too sure whether being an ES is the issue here.
-------------------

Few things I'm not happy about, or planning to replace and looking for feedback:

[Gloves]
- I'm using a random glove. I was using Wyrimsign with Despair on hit until recently, together with an Aggressive Bastion annointed amulet. While rampage was so much fun in maps, it just doesn't work all that well in higher content or bossing. So I just found a random glove and replaced mine.

[Boots]
- I feel like there are far more better boots than Atziri's Step. I just need to get some spell suppression on gloves and boots before replacing Atrizi. In addition, the high evasion on atziris means +163 ES thanks to Evasion and Energy Shield mastery (+1 ES per 8 Eva on boots).

In my current gear I feel like my overal ES without this talent would be far too low to justify ghost dance.

[Flasks]
- Since my ring choices are pretty much locked (for now), I needed to get Despair from another source so I went with Witchfire Brew. I feel like I should get Despair from gloves, and replace Witchfire with a more defensive flask, or maybe a sulphur flask.

- After some testing, I found Rumi's Concoction to be better for survival vs. a jade flask. Jade flask would bring my evasion from 82% to roughly 90%, whereas Rumi's adds about 24% phys reduction, as well as block+spell block.

- I have 3 open skill slots on my helm and I'm totally clueless on what to equip there! Legit thinking Cast on Death+Portal, but if anyone has any non-meme suggestions let me know. I think nugiyen uses Ancestral Protector for attack speed. Unsure if that's worth it though.

[Time for a different projectile support gem?]
My AoE is insane. With Carcass Jack (43%), helm enchant (24%), Nature's reprisal (30%), and Dying Sun (20%), as well as the additional +2 projectiles from Dying Sun, i feel like my projectiles are collapsins towards the center now. That is great for boss damage, as all 11 bombs shotguns them. But I feel like using another gem instead of Greater Volley may help out spread the poisons better for mapping. Open for ideas!

[Eva/ES with ghost dance vs Armor via Iron Reflexes?]
Also, I wonder whether now would be a good time to swap to IR. I have about 10 ex in raw currency (and probably about 40 ex in gear, but I'll have to sell that first), and wonder what the next step should be. Should I get awakened versions of the gems first? Make the swap to IR?
Last edited by Yosakoi on Nov 24, 2021, 11:11:41 PM
i like what youve done... i went full IR immediately and i feel really tanky and good. but i sacrificed some dmg on ascendancy by choosing master surgeon instead of master toxicist. using master surgeon with 3 flasks that give 7 charges when you are hit, and all flasks with "use when full charges," im constantly being healed 6% per flask used. maybe when i get lvl 95+ ill switch back to master toxicist as ill have more life to sustain myself.
I feel like ive done something wrong, i sold all my MF gear to play this and can't even clear a t13. Any tips?
Hi, Thank you very much for the guide and build.

Firstly, just want to say, I've ran 3 builds this league. 2H Boneshatterer Berserker, Toxic Rain Champion, and this build. Hands down, this build slaps hard.

Although I die far more often than any of the other builds, this build has been a faster map clearer and has even managed to do some of the end game bosses.

However, I feel like I may be hitting a wall. I'm dying a lot in t14+ maps.

My dps feels really high but not as high as some of the other builds I've looked at, definitely not 7M dps.

And also, I feel kinda slow. Nothing more then 60-70+ movement speed.

How can I get tankier, Faster, and more DPS with my build? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my tree and skills: https://pastebin.com/ZnJhkTcR

For my Pantheon I'm running Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Ryslatha for more flask recovery

My flasks
Spoiler

I'm also having some mana issues, to the point that I've given up and used a hybrid flask for burst healing and mana.

My gear
Spoiler
Been trying my best to get as much armor into the build as possible. But also trying to get my chance to dodge as high as possible with evasion rating.

Jewels
Spoiler

My other jewel is a thread of hope that I use to allocate "Disciple of unyielding" "Disciple of Slaughter" "Retaliation" and one of life+mana Leech nodes

I've been struggling with both INT and STR in my build and have had to pick up jewels to help with stat requirements. Still don't have enough STR though.

Not sure how to link Jewels I have equipped into these forum posts

you need to use the max rolled divine life flask, the higher the flat life roll on the flask the more dps the skill will deal... that is main source of dmg
Hey mate! Ty for the build, trying it out and it works cool. One thing that i havent got my head around is the mana problems. I need to use an enduring mana flask, orelse im out of mana after 3 attacks. How have you solved this issue?

Ty

Logan
This is also the main issue with my build. I don't get enough mana leech or regen to keep up sometimes.
great build. but I still can't understand why do you use Vicious Projectiles over other gems (like Deadly Ailments) that gives all in all better damage (at least in PoB)
Going to play a variant of this in endless Heist, looks fun.
Thanks for the guide. I would advise newer players not to play this build becuase as it stands it requieres too much pampering and investment to make viable. I tried to start scourge league with it and the toon couldnt even manage t1 maps. I believe the skill has some mechanical issues that need to be adressed before it can actually be of more use. I dont see how this skill does anything better than toxic rain.

-the overall gameplay is very slow, tedious and micromanagy. Poisnous conc has an akward projectile that is also slow and needs to be pointed in specific area, this causes some whiffing in instances when trying to hit quick bosses. This also means its very hard to hit monsters while maintaining distance. Micromanaging plague bearer (which alot of damage comes from) and having to interrupt the flow by recharging it with slow attack speed Pconc really kills momentum. Thats when you even realize plague bearer has ended becuase in hectic moments its hard to tell if its active or not. When you add also the witchfire brew activation for curse it really is aggravating trying to keep track of whats on or not to be able to fully maximize dps.
-many times i ended up with no charges becuase PConc uses them up and it is slow to refill with just passives in tree. The guide chooses charge fill passive ascendancy as fourth but the reality is that there is a huge gap between the 3rd and 4th ascendancy trial where you wont have that passive recharge.
-while Pconc is great for building plague bearer charges, mechanically it doesnt pair as well with plague bearer. Even with aoe passives/skill gem, the range is not that big and you need to stand dangerously close to monsters to deliver damage, range at which using Pconct with the build slow attack speed is not viable. Also, i dont see how plague bearer mixes with evasion builds where you dont want to be close up bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info