[3.16] 🔥 Sanavi's Armageddon Brand | Elementalist 🔥 SSF/HC Starter Viable ✔️

update on gear and such for transition into wave of conviction can be found at

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Asberic/Kuhruwu?i=18&search=class%3DElementalist%26skill%3DWave-of-Conviction

or oh hey i can link it, uhh..

that being said, when i was armageddon brand, the main difficulties i had was with high levels of scourge and monsters being too fast for the brands to hit. One thing that i have found that is FANTASTIC for clearing out scourge mobs is vaal arc. i have the CWD increased duration+enduring cry(i use molten shell now because better with high armor), but I added vaal arc to the link. the regular arc will proc periodically and clear out anything that gears near you via the ignite, and the vaal spark is still usable even though it's linked, so i pop that as soon as I enter the scourge realm and clear out 2-3 screens worth of mobs before popping back to regular mode. Give it a try, its great, even for other ignite-y builds.
Thank you Sanavi and Asberic for all the great info. Is it just me, or is flame surge super weak . . . even 6-linked it feels almost comical to use on bosses. I've been re-working my skills and gems. I enjoy using armageddon brand and I just included vaal arc, which was insane. Thanks for that tip.

Also, is vortex mainly used for defense?

Update: I just swapped armageddon and woc places . . . much nicer.
Last edited by slithersly on Nov 10, 2021, 4:17:06 PM
When dropping arma brand and making my main damage be wave of conviction... I needed something that used zero effort to apply the curse(s now with extra curse chest), so vortex seemed the most reasonable candidate. It's not there for damage, as the cold dot doesn't convert to fire BUT, the initial drop of vortex does a non zero amount of damage which is from staff bonuses and such, and the ignites from that are enough to kill most non boss monsters if they are on top of you on activation. Just use it as your move button, as it doesn't target to cast, and has a low mana cost. It also doubles as a pre-ignite when positioning on a boss for purposes of [Extra fire damage to burning targets or ignited targets].

With vortex as left click move being just held down, the only spells I worry about casting is wave of conviction to keep ignite rolling, ensuring cry for heals and endurance charges, flame dash, and chaos golem for the mitigation.

And yeah wave as main skill is just so nice. Clears huge areas, does great boss damage, and you were already casting it anyway for the exposure, so why not double down and juice it up? Think once my gems hit level 5 I should be at around 2.7 mil Sirus dps with current gear. And that's with the only dps passives invested being the bare minimum of fire dmg passives for masteries as well as cluster gems. The rest is spent entirely on life/armor/quality of life like reservation, resists,etc.
Bro, you have only one unique item (+the two flasks).
I don't think you're going anywhere with this build.
Sorry
"
Bro, you have only one unique item (+the two flasks).
I don't think you're going anywhere with this build.
Sorry

:D

P.S. Nice build, OP
Gauntlet viable?
Last edited by Nomzgooglies on Dec 11, 2021, 2:03:26 AM
should be, yes. just have to build more defensive than you already would have. all the 'on block' heals, including taking the staff block on left side of the passive circle probably. and then going max armour items.
auras determination + anger is 100% mana reservation?????
how do u manage that???
"
Can you please share the tree build for this one?
"
Asberic wrote:
update on gear and such for transition into wave of conviction can be found at

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Asberic/Kuhruwu?i=18&search=class%3DElementalist%26skill%3DWave-of-Conviction

or oh hey i can link it, uhh..

that being said, when i was armageddon brand, the main difficulties i had was with high levels of scourge and monsters being too fast for the brands to hit. One thing that i have found that is FANTASTIC for clearing out scourge mobs is vaal arc. i have the CWD increased duration+enduring cry(i use molten shell now because better with high armor), but I added vaal arc to the link. the regular arc will proc periodically and clear out anything that gears near you via the ignite, and the vaal spark is still usable even though it's linked, so i pop that as soon as I enter the scourge realm and clear out 2-3 screens worth of mobs before popping back to regular mode. Give it a try, its great, even for other ignite-y builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info