[3.16] 🔥 Sanavi's Armageddon Brand | Elementalist 🔥 SSF/HC Starter Viable ✔️

"
Hey! Yeah, I think Armageddon Brand succeeded as a starter and gets you to T14+ maps easily, but it definitely starts to hit a ceiling there. I currently just rebuilt my character into Fire Burst and the clear is exceptional and the damage on Sirus/Conquerers feels OK. Going to need to invest more for Maven etc.

But this was always designed to be a starter build and early game currency farmer, so I'm glad it worked out.

For those interested, my current new gear setup is:

Do u have a link to your new pob? I don´t want to spend currency now if you switched
There is an updated tree.
For the gear question, I always grind out gear myself and only do little trading, since I think that is the most fun. So I end up with my own gear set more or less anyways and even if I buy some of the stuff I still like to adjust to my preferences. Seeing a different gear set in a post is imo not invalidating the guide.

I have finally replaced steelskin with immortal call + cwdt and I am actually using a brand recall on left click, it's quite nice in lower mapping (can be a bit awkward on bosses though, still playing around with it)! Also I am currently not really using flame surge, just didn't really need it so far and pressing wave of conviction is just good enough effort!
"
mbf6 wrote:
"
SamiSalamiGer wrote:
"
mbf6 wrote:

Followed ur guide till i took 73 lvl. And ... just 1 comment about this. Wtf... this forum needed to make approval system in this section.
I liked this brand gameplay. But totally disappointed atm.
Sorry for bad english

Maybe you can post your gear?
Level 73 is not very high, probably you just finished story? After finishing story your elemental resistance are lowered so its required to look at those at that point and in general your gear from story might just be very lackluster when going into maps. I can recommend checking out Rog, you can deal for some good starting rares with him. Also make sure you do the 68 labyrinth, the aoe effect of heart of destruction is actually really good for maps :)

Also in my experience you always have to juggle gear and setup according to what you got in your playthrough, which takes time to get experienced with. But guides will mostly not just sail you to endgame, unless you have the ressources and want to trade your way there.

U're missunderstood me. Doesnt matter what lvl i am. I followed this guide. Then author talks - "this isnt good. I'm rerolling everything!".
Do u like invest ur time for nothing? I'm not!

If you could read, you'd understand that OP said that the build is conceptual. And by this, it's natural that as they play the build out they will make adjustments where they see what they wouldn't on paper.

That said, I've been loving this build so far as it's helped me make my very first strides into the Atlas very smooth, thanks Sanavi!
I just wanna say I love this build and the effort you have put into it.

Its easy for me as a noob to follow the leveling process in PoB. Sure, a few question might come up along the way but all in all its a very good guide and a very fun build to play. ^^

I just wanted to update on the Brand Recall: It just eats to much mana away in the long run and intervenes with wave of conviction casting! I'm still somewhat curious on using it low level with a low level cwdt, but would need even more mana efficiency or sac something, which is probably not worth it, but I like the nice explosions when something charges me.
Hi! Do you guys acctualy use Flame Surge on bosses, etc?

Is it worth having this skill? I just use AB ofc and WoC.. ^^
Hey, I'm new to the game and I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I've been following the thread and adjusted the build as you updated the OP and it's working out ok for me. I've always wanted to try PoE endgame, so thanks for making it easy for me :)
"
Kingbemme wrote:

I have personally also gotten rid of flame surge, while it is not terrible, I feel like the dmg it outputs is not worth putting myself in danger on chonkier bosses, so I instead put wave of conviction into my chest as a 6 link with spell echo and currently a chance to flee support, but that can be anything nice you can think of - i just went with it, because that socket is green and i am still somewhat broke :D

EDIT:
correction flame surge is still sitting as a 4 link in my boots, but merely a placeholder now for probably something else i have not thought of yet :) keep leveling it in the meanwhile x)
Last edited by SamiSalamiGer on Nov 2, 2021, 1:45:06 PM
"
SamiSalamiGer wrote:
"
Kingbemme wrote:

I have personally also gotten rid of flame surge, while it is not terrible, I feel like the dmg it outputs is not worth putting myself in danger on chonkier bosses, so I instead put wave of conviction into my chest as a 6 link with spell echo and currently a chance to flee support, but that can be anything nice you can think of - i just went with it, because that socket is green and i am still somewhat broke :D

EDIT:
correction flame surge is still sitting as a 4 link in my boots, but merely a placeholder now for probably something else i have not thought of yet :) keep leveling it in the meanwhile x)

Ah okej, I might try that then ^^
"
Kingbemme wrote:
In the "Starter BoP version" you use Determination, Anger and Vitality. In the "Endgame BoP version" you also use Malevolence.

How do you do that? Right now I dont have the manapool for it.

You need Aul's amulet w/ Anger to negate it's reservation to also use Malevolence.

"
Kingbemme wrote:

I find it useful in yellow/red maps for nuking bosses down.

"
mbf6 wrote:
"
SamiSalamiGer wrote:
"
mbf6 wrote:

Followed ur guide till i took 73 lvl. And ... just 1 comment about this. Wtf... this forum needed to make approval system in this section.
I liked this brand gameplay. But totally disappointed atm.
Sorry for bad english

Maybe you can post your gear?
Level 73 is not very high, probably you just finished story? After finishing story your elemental resistance are lowered so its required to look at those at that point and in general your gear from story might just be very lackluster when going into maps. I can recommend checking out Rog, you can deal for some good starting rares with him. Also make sure you do the 68 labyrinth, the aoe effect of heart of destruction is actually really good for maps :)

Also in my experience you always have to juggle gear and setup according to what you got in your playthrough, which takes time to get experienced with. But guides will mostly not just sail you to endgame, unless you have the ressources and want to trade your way there.

U're missunderstood me. Doesnt matter what lvl i am. I followed this guide. Then author talks - "this isnt good. I'm rerolling everything!".
Do u like invest ur time for nothing? I'm not!

Sorry, been busy for a few days. I never stated the build didn't work, but that I reached a ceiling with it and converted to Fire Burst for late-game mapping/bossing. This is for T16+ mapping/bossing. I had absolutely no issues progressing the Atlas or working towards Sirus with Armageddon Brand. And it appears multiple people have found success also. This was intended to be a Starter build, and it flourishes as such. I'm very happy that many people were able to experience endgame content for the first time using my first build guide!

That being said, GGG needs to adjust the damage numbers for Armageddon Brand and/or ignite if they want this skill to be viable for Sirus A8/Maven/etc. It simply doesn't do enough damage without an expensive, intense investment of gear otherwise. It doesn't jive well with this league mechanic due to its inherent delay of activation when getting swarmed by buffed mobs in T16 scourges when also running sextants/scarabs/etc. The skill is inherently weak at the late endgame.

Overall, I'm happy with having used this as my Starter character. I will continue to answer questions and revise the guide as necessary. I will also continue to update this guide for future leagues, as long as the skill is viable. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info