[3.18] Seedmole's Poison Seismic/Exsang Sabo - HCSSF, Exarch and Eater down, ripped to Revenants lol

Ok I think what helped me was getting wither on spell totem support and multiple totem supports. My problem was using wither step as my primary movement skill and so I wasn't always getting it to hit the single monster I wanted to target sometimes. The damage is good to kill map bosses, but I still need to scale more damage to make guardians + sirius feel easy
"
seedmole wrote:
Hmm, the first thing that comes to mind is trying to get a dagger with poison chance and dot multi, with room to craft either trap throwing speed or trap damage. Cold Iron Point is good but poison chance saves a lot of points and we can take advantage of dot multi mods to get a lot of damage on a rare weapon. If you got that, you'd be able to drop some poison chance on tree and put them into more life nodes, or to work toward a Ghost Dance setup, or whatever else. Clusters can help if you roll them well, but there's enough stuff on the regular tree now that we don't really need a cluster setup. And I don't know anything about prices currently because I havent played trade in a while, but you could get upgrades by doing stuff like farming essences and harvest to get some rares with high spell life + evasion + resists + spell supp.

I don't quite get the purpose of the ghost dance. What does it gives us?
"
Ok I think what helped me was getting wither on spell totem support and multiple totem supports. My problem was using wither step as my primary movement skill and so I wasn't always getting it to hit the single monster I wanted to target sometimes. The damage is good to kill map bosses, but I still need to scale more damage to make guardians + sirius feel easy

Yeah Wither Step gets a bit wonky, I think I may have died on my first time playing this character bc it ate my movement charges and I Whirling Bladesed into something instead of Flame Dashing thru it.. I can't really recommend withering step ever again bc of that interaction with movement charges tbh. And yeah it needs a bit more damage to handle endgame content well, you really need to have a 6link and ideally either have the mana to skip using lifetap, or push for reservation so you can fit malevolence and use lifetap.

"
Choptimist wrote:
"
seedmole wrote:
Hmm, the first thing that comes to mind is trying to get a dagger with poison chance and dot multi, with room to craft either trap throwing speed or trap damage. Cold Iron Point is good but poison chance saves a lot of points and we can take advantage of dot multi mods to get a lot of damage on a rare weapon. If you got that, you'd be able to drop some poison chance on tree and put them into more life nodes, or to work toward a Ghost Dance setup, or whatever else. Clusters can help if you roll them well, but there's enough stuff on the regular tree now that we don't really need a cluster setup. And I don't know anything about prices currently because I havent played trade in a while, but you could get upgrades by doing stuff like farming essences and harvest to get some rares with high spell life + evasion + resists + spell supp.

I don't quite get the purpose of the ghost dance. What does it gives us?

It gives big recovery each time we're hit, pretty much. With the amount of evasion I have (stacking Grace with evasion on gear and the mastery that gives 100% inc evasion from body armor), the formula for Ghost Dance works out to ~700 or so energy shield recovered when hit. And that goes up to around double that if I'm using my flasks. So what you do then is get enough ES on gear and from modifiers like the "life as extra es" chest craft, and the Melding notable on tree, so that your max ES is somewhere around the amount you recover when hit. I recently swapped into it and I have far fewer butt-clenching moments than before when I was just relying on spell suppression and evade chance. And you can get up to approx 1500 max es relatively easily with a few hybrid eva/es pieces and the life as extra es modifiers, so it ends up being a very big increase to your overall "health" pool.
why not get a Cold Iron Point and then spec more poison on hit from the tree.
"
GigaClon wrote:
why not get a Cold Iron Point and then spec more poison on hit from the tree.
Because a CIP isn't any better than a well rolled rare dagger, and the dagger comes with the poison chance so you save points. If you're playing trade (and especially sc trade) feel free to cut to the chase and get a CIP and the poison on tree (and Herald of Agony) to get the build started, but you eventually want to move to a really good rare weapon (Hunter influenced dagger is easiest to roll) because can give more damage and much better utility.
Thanks Seedmole, Very Cool!
hi everyone and merry christmas :)
First of all thanks seedmole for the build. i enjoyed it as a league starter and i came back to it after i got bored from my other char. so i decided to pimp this build, craftet a few items, reached lvl 98. now i saw on poe.ninja/builds that the posion damage is not shown at all in the overview of the builds - which actually pisses me off ^^ but even on path of building, which i'm not an expert in using, the damage is not shown correctly. although i got a poison chance of 45% on my daggers - 50% as soon as i manage to craft another dagger to get rid of a jewel - 75% is only shown in path of building. besides that i would like to hear your opinion on what you would craft or readjust if currency is no issue :)

my build, since i do not know how to post items ^^

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Oddiseee/Wife_left_before_Scourg
Your gear looks pretty good all around. I'd consider influenced chest armors, but Tinkerskin isn't bad at all (especially if you can cap spell suppression while wearing it). And yeah, POB doesn't include the poison chance from weapons in seismic and exsang traps, for whatever reason. Also I'd look into using Essence of Delirium on gloves (with Shaper influence) to try to get some gloves with Trap Support and Socketed Gems Deal 30% More Damage Over Time.. if you manage to get that, your exsanguinate will be able to clear a lot more easily.

Also if it misses and gets Advanced Traps Support with the essence mod, it can work for Seismic trap to let you run a 6link exsang in your chest, so that's a decent second-best result you can get from that essence. Also, you could get the Increased Duration of Ailments When Focused modifier on a helmet to get a lot more burst damage. Activate Focus just before a boss starts getting hit and each poison will do way more total damage.
Morning 3.17 gamers!

This build should work just fine. The change to Seismic Trap only means that overlap will be less likely, and will no longer increase as you get larger amounts of increased aoe. Instead of getting giga overlap you'll just get giga aoe coverage. So stuff like Sirus, where it's a pain to keep them in the bounds of the skill, will be somewhat less likely to avoid your skills now when they scoot around.

The change to Exsanguinate, regarding our build, should lead to roughly the same damage, as it's getting a large increase in both its base hit damage and its added damage effectiveness, but is being balanced with worse Less Damage modifiers on things like Cluster Trap and Trap Support. It may be viable to swap from Cluster Trap to Swift Assembly, though the change to Cluster Trap simply brought Cluster Trap (and Multi Trap) back in line with Swift Assembly rather than leaving them far ahead in both value and consistency.

The rest of the build is basically unchanged, so it's definitely going to be among the effective builds this league. And with new stuff like the pair of unique jewels there will be some crazy new combos. Beware that the poison chance node from Assassin gives less poison chance per jewel socket than two Coated Shrapnels do, and you don't apply poisons (your traps do).. but the life gained on kill would work because the poison kills count as your kills. (Standard kill credit stuff.)

Good luck in 3.17!
Thank you OP!! Much appreciated. Used this in 3.16, level 66 now 3.17, going to do poison swap soon and keep pushing :) everything's smooth so far

EDIT: Dawn of the 5th day, lvl 90, 6L tinker in 70 fuse, totally budget gear, destroying everything and getting to red maps! Comfortably leveling at 5400/1300. All deaths are due to user errors.

Next upgrades list: Despair ring, Trap gloves, a Stygian belt with cd recovery, Swap to poison dagger, helm enchant, better amulet, elusive boots.

So the only unknown at this point, which will be exciting to explore, is the possibility of further upgrading this build using the new Eldritch currencies. Hoping for feedback from everyone!
Last edited by Profemi on Feb 9, 2022, 5:48:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info