[3.18] Seedmole's Poison Seismic/Exsang Sabo - HCSSF, Exarch and Eater down, ripped to Revenants lol

"
Infarkt wrote:

Why didnt u take the big trap wheel around high explosives?
To get free passives, use a thread of hope Large jewel in the jewel socket above blood drinker. Then u can spect lots of good nodes without connection.

More 2 nodes free at the start if u go the way down with dex and dont use chaos/phys-dmg, which is low effort for 2 nodes, even with poison-build.

And why didnt you take cold iron point dagger x 2? thats pure damage.

Rest of the gear is nice actually imo :)

I'm SSF so haven't been able to get CIP to drop. I was considering the trap wheel but the Atrophy node seemed to come out higher DPS in PoB. Good point about the pathing!
First of all, thanks for spending your time looking at my build. overall my damage is now much better, t16 damage is fine now, but the build is still way to squishy, at least my take on it - also i still got a lot of questions. would you mind, if i would write you ingame and ask you a couple of things? provided you are playing this league. playing normal trade league btw.

if anyone is interested

https://pastebin.com/EcyaQ3XS

will drop herald of purity rather sooner than later in favor for aspect of the spider/crab
but since i die to often i guess it will be crab
Hiya @Seedmole!

Have you tried to experiment with a mastery that grants 300% damage from poisons on the first application? How much would it help with the clearspeed?
"
Jyles wrote:
https://pastebin.com/LUrX8tus

Any ideas on how I could improve damage? I can think of a few things but it's hard to know which is the most beneficial without spending hours in PoB. First time really league starting SSF and playing a trapper.

Looks like you aren't using the Despair curse? Adding that should give about 20% dmg vs bosses with Sirus-level resists and 60% vs normal mobs. And that's before the Doom effect, which works well with this build bc the damage is delayed so it gives a chance for Doom to stack, so factor in up to another 30% of that increase (~26% vs bosses, 78% vs normal mobs).

Another big thing is trying to get dot multi and chaos dot multi on your weapon. In a perfect world, the weapon would have something like chaos dot multi, regular dot multi, +level of phys/all spell skill gems, and room to craft either trap throwing speed or trap damage.

Also you may be able to get more Wither stacks out of a spell totem + multi totem + wither setup. (And if you're in hardcore, it's safer too because you can bait enemies with the totems, and you won't accidentally use up your movement skill charges like you can with wither step).

"
Oddiseee wrote:
First of all, thanks for spending your time looking at my build. overall my damage is now much better, t16 damage is fine now, but the build is still way to squishy, at least my take on it - also i still got a lot of questions. would you mind, if i would write you ingame and ask you a couple of things? provided you are playing this league. playing normal trade league btw.

if anyone is interested

https://pastebin.com/EcyaQ3XS

will drop herald of purity rather sooner than later in favor for aspect of the spider/crab
but since i die to often i guess it will be crab

Yeah looks like a very damage-heavy tree. I'd maybe sacrifice some damage nodes to get more life on tree (btw you can add Despair to gain back a lot of the damage you'd lose by respeccing a few nodes, if not more than you'd lose). Also I'd try to get capped on spell suppression, because stuff like phys spells were kryptonite to this build last league and I barely notice them this league (EK ghosts are nothing now). You can get a large amount of spell supp on gear so I'd try to go for that.

After spell supp and more life, the build is kinda only vulnerable against attack damage (particularly phys attacks and chaos attacks if your chaos res is low), so evasion helps a lot from there. I added the top two-three evasion bases for each slot to my loot filter and grabbed a bunch of white bases, threw some harvest crafts and essences at them and now I'm at like ~70% evasion chance on character sheet with Grace up (using it all the time currently). And a Jade flask + Stibnite flask adds a lot of evasion too. Get your evasion rating up to like 15k+ and the overall tankiness skyrockets. Especially if you have the spell supp part also.

"
Choptimist wrote:
Hiya @Seedmole!

Have you tried to experiment with a mastery that grants 300% damage from poisons on the first application? How much would it help with the clearspeed?

Yeah I used it early when leveling with Cobra Lash, and I believe I have it allocated right now because it's technically always going to be more damage than the faster poison mod, for example. This build relies a lot on applying multiple poisons at once so it's technically not perfectly aligned with the build, but it still does add a decent chunk to one of your exsangs or to the first seismic hit. I feel like the 300% poison mastery is probably ideal if you're focusing on clearing, while the faster poisons would be better for when you're focusing on serious boss content. And yeah I do feel like I can anecdotally notice that clearspeed is a bit quicker with it, but the faster poisons mastery might actually make things faster because it speeds up all your poisons.. hmmm.

I'm leaning toward the faster poisons mod being more beneficial, but tbh I think both are good for clearspeed. Might actually be best for a clearspeed build to use both and skip the poison duration mastery.
"
seedmole wrote:

Looks like you aren't using the Despair curse? Adding that should give about 20% dmg vs bosses with Sirus-level resists and 60% vs normal mobs. And that's before the Doom effect, which works well with this build bc the damage is delayed so it gives a chance for Doom to stack, so factor in up to another 30% of that increase (~26% vs bosses, 78% vs normal mobs).

Another big thing is trying to get dot multi and chaos dot multi on your weapon. In a perfect world, the weapon would have something like chaos dot multi, regular dot multi, +level of phys/all spell skill gems, and room to craft either trap throwing speed or trap damage.

Also you may be able to get more Wither stacks out of a spell totem + multi totem + wither setup. (And if you're in hardcore, it's safer too because you can bait enemies with the totems, and you won't accidentally use up your movement skill charges like you can with wither step).

I'm a bit of a sucker for quality of life so when I got a despair on hit ring I thought I was good :P Since then I picked up a Profane Proxy but I'd be missing out on the Doom so I'm thinking about running a second Despair that I can self cast? Same reason as to why I went with Withering Step, the Phasing is too good. I've crafted a better weapon as well, looking much better in high tier maps now!
I wouldn't worry too much about using self-cast Despair for Doom because curses are so nerfed versus bosses anyway.. 30% increased effect doesn't do much when it's already affected by a less effect modifier from the boss. As long as you're using Despair at all then that's fine. And yeah, Phasing is huge quality of life, might be worth an anoint for chance to gain phasing on kill late game.. that competes with a lot of other good anoints though (deadly technique, corruption, the one that gives onslaught on kill, life nodes, etc).
I might be wrong to ask this here, but I'm playing a similar version of this build where I take artic armour, grace and I've taken a large physical cluster jewel. The damage is decent for clearing but has terrible single target damage.

It's my first time playing a poison build and I'm just wondering if we're not suppose to try to increase phys damage at all? I'm on two CIPs but I'm wondering if the chaos multiplier daggers are way better. So close to respecing or rage quitting the league, or maybe i've had my expectations too high cause I've kept hearing seismic trap being able to delete the end game with low investment

https://pastebin.com/aEGtz3jJ
Last edited by jasongenova4life on Oct 29, 2021, 7:00:23 PM
Honestly a big part of it is probably heightened expectations. There are very few "viable" builds right now, so anything that's even kinda good gets praised as being top tier or whatever. Phys traps (poison or crit) work well enough that they give a kinda close feeling to how builds were before the big nerfs in 3.15, but they're not as good as S tier builds of the past.

And the way damage is calculated for poison includes stuff like increased physical damage, but increased damage modifiers are very plentiful so focusing on stuff like critical strike multi (for crit traps) or dot multi (for poison) does more.
@Seedmole, I beseech thy wisdom.

I run Ziz' poison version, here's my current setup:

https://pastebin.com/vp4hPYvA

I don't have much currency, my knowledge about farming currencies is absolute whack and I have like, 80 chaos tops atm. The only way to upgrade stuff (the way I see it) are the clusters.

What do? How do I improve?
Hmm, the first thing that comes to mind is trying to get a dagger with poison chance and dot multi, with room to craft either trap throwing speed or trap damage. Cold Iron Point is good but poison chance saves a lot of points and we can take advantage of dot multi mods to get a lot of damage on a rare weapon. If you got that, you'd be able to drop some poison chance on tree and put them into more life nodes, or to work toward a Ghost Dance setup, or whatever else. Clusters can help if you roll them well, but there's enough stuff on the regular tree now that we don't really need a cluster setup. And I don't know anything about prices currently because I havent played trade in a while, but you could get upgrades by doing stuff like farming essences and harvest to get some rares with high spell life + evasion + resists + spell supp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info