My Journey with POE has end

Okay.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
If the tree is somehow decent, which i doubt, and i doubt it will cover for the nerfs they did to all of the melee, the first thing they will do in 3.17 is to say oh we are not happy with how strong the tree is, we going to balance it(aka delete it) ....

And what they did to Awakened Gems it's miserable. And i would have been ok with it, even they were bring the power back to the normal gems.

They nerfed all Gems big time, now they are reverting the nerf to Awakened Gems, but at max level, which is crap, because of this:

A lot of this Awakened Gems are pricey, and you need quite a lot of time to get them, esp. that you have other more important stuffs to get. And when you get them, they revert some of the nerfs, but they get some power back, but at level 5, which is ******, cause how much time this Gems takes to get to max level .....

With the new changes, i'm getting exactly 0 DMG from the tree(at least from the old one i was getting just a bit from the Violent Retalation)

My block from 78/78 will go to X(definitely lower for the same investment)/0.
And while i be able to get to 85 for more investment, my Spell will be 0. And at best i could get it to 60/60 with all Ascendancy wasted for 0 damage in return, and heavily investment into Block/Spell into the tree as well.

And everyone else could get HUGE DMG from their Ascendancy and focus in Passives for Block/Spell chance and get it to 50/50.

And the main thing for Gladiator was to max that Block as much as possible. Get it to 75+/75+ and then start to build everything else, otherwise you was a dead meat.
And at best you were getting 2-3mln. DPS with crazy investment into gear.

Again with lower investment and easier time on maxing the RES, you could have made Rider that will do 15-20mln. with 15-20% block Chance, 75% attack dodge Chance, and 65+% Spell Dodge Chance.

How are they even comparable?
And in POE the best defenses always have been kill, before you get killed.

Armor is crap, always and always will be, because of how is functionate in POE. Buffing the numbers will do exactly NOTHING in terms of survivability for most.

Now i have to totally respect my FB build, s***** on my shiny pricey items that i get very hard and are specifically for FB build, and try to build full physical Gladiator, but with what exactly? They even have the nerve to nerfs the Strike Skills, which were crap already, and they make them more crap.
Maybe Bleeding ? Oh dear did we forget that they totally s***** Bleeding Gladiator in 3.15 ?

The funny part is some people that never touched Gladiator thought it was Strong, because of the high block chance, but they never touch it, cause they can't play it, because it has so much s***** DMG, most people won't even consider it.

P.P. Who on the earth will want to swap 15+mln. DPS for 10% more Block chance?

Now everyone could run at 50/50 without spending all of their Ascendancy into no DPS passive, and ME as Gladiator has to spend 6 Ascendancy to just get to 60/60 and gets zero DMG from it. Should i even mention that the last Ascendancy options are crap and gives nothing as well ?????

But i guess i should be happy with the ridiculous stuffs GGG are doing.
Last edited by RoyalMarauder on Oct 16, 2021, 5:34:21 AM
Melee lobbyists like you are kind of getting old. You people have been going on and on about how terrible melee is fishing for buffs, but gladiator is the most played build for the hardest content. He occupies 33% of the ssfhc expedition ladder, and he has shown himself to be a very strong class in challenge content like gauntlet. If gladiator and melee are so bad, then why does everyone play them for the hardest content?

Block has been the most degenerate defense in the game offering the exact same mitigation at cap as dodge, having easy ways to scale the cap up for exponential benefits compared to dodge (+3/3 block on gladiators with an anvil compared to dodge builds needing 2 elevated, divined mods on their boots to get +2/2), having no downsides to investing in other defenses like acro gave, and offering recovery mechanics that make you near immortal in a lot of content. Dodge builds will die very quickly in a simulacrum they can't burst down, but block builds can take a break mid-wave to hop up and grab a beer. You certainly don't need a clear head to not die while playing one, and gladiator barely had to invest anything to get to those levels.

Somehow block made it through the patch almost completely unscathed. By some miracle absolutely nothing was done to recovery on block, and block was even made even more accessible to a lot of builds on the left side by allowing low investment 50/50 block. Armor is getting double the effectiveness, and a lot of builds probably already stacked it for molten shell anyways. Max res is being put all over that half of the tree, and in general builds on that side will be more tanky. There might not be an absolutely broken gladiator anymore, but now you can play a 50/50 block champion with fortify and high armor + molten shell for minimal sacrifice and just build whatever skill you want for damage.

Compare this to the right side of the tree that has gotten the classic GGG multi nerf to confirm their kill with the deletion of attack dodge, spell dodge being gutted into a mechanic with anti synergy with wind dancer/deadeye tailwind stacks/other don't get hit mechanics, the loss of 30% spell dodge on acro/phase acro if you want the old mechanic back, and wind dancer getting a massive nerf that actually makes you take more damage. Sure there are new places to invest for more defense, but did you know that some right side builds struggle with damage even more than gladiators with their easily scaled bleeds? Non-DoT bows and wanders (I think; I haven't played on in forever) are kind of just completely fucked. There isn't a different ascendancy to fall back on they are all taking a really big hit.

Even with all of this for some reason there are gladiator mains coming out everywhere I look to complain "It isn't fair my broken shit was perfectly balanced! It didn't deserve the slight nerf it took! But fuck those dodge builds while we are talking about all this! Their builds deserved a massive nerf even post 3.15." As someone that likes playing dex builds I didn't want to see strength ones take a nerf. It doesn't hurt me if your favorite build plays well, and I didn't want a patch that ruined your fun. However, posters like you make me rethink my stance. Maybe if my favorite builds are taking a hit I can at least take pleasure in your suffering like you do in mine.
Last edited by X_Stickman_X on Oct 16, 2021, 8:25:39 AM
I'll see you on the launch day
The game is not static, but evolving and changing. Don't complain about it... Embrace it!

A few movie quotes seem in order...

"You improvise, you adapt, you overcome!"
- Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway

From the film Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood.

"The Navy Diver is not a fighting man, he is a salvage expert. If it is lost underwater, he finds it. If it's sunk, he brings it up. If it's in the way, he moves it."
- Master Chief Billy Sunday

From the film Men of Honor with Robert De Niro.

"Never give up! Never surrender!"
- Captain Jason Nesmith

From the film Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen.
"
X_Stickman_X wrote:
Melee lobbyists like you are kind of getting old. You people have been going on and on about how terrible melee is fishing for buffs, but gladiator is the most played build for the hardest content. He occupies 33% of the ssfhc expedition ladder, and he has shown himself to be a very strong class in challenge content like gauntlet. If gladiator and melee are so bad, then why does everyone play them for the hardest content?

Block has been the most degenerate defense in the game offering the exact same mitigation at cap as dodge, having easy ways to scale the cap up for exponential benefits compared to dodge (+3/3 block on gladiators with an anvil compared to dodge builds needing 2 elevated, divined mods on their boots to get +2/2), having no downsides to investing in other defenses like acro gave, and offering recovery mechanics that make you near immortal in a lot of content. Dodge builds will die very quickly in a simulacrum they can't burst down, but block builds can take a break mid-wave to hop up and grab a beer. You certainly don't need a clear head to not die while playing one, and gladiator barely had to invest anything to get to those levels.

Somehow block made it through the patch almost completely unscathed. By some miracle absolutely nothing was done to recovery on block, and block was even made even more accessible to a lot of builds on the left side by allowing low investment 50/50 block. Armor is getting double the effectiveness, and a lot of builds probably already stacked it for molten shell anyways. Max res is being put all over that half of the tree, and in general builds on that side will be more tanky. There might not be an absolutely broken gladiator anymore, but now you can play a 50/50 block champion with fortify and high armor + molten shell for minimal sacrifice and just build whatever skill you want for damage.

Compare this to the right side of the tree that has gotten the classic GGG multi nerf to confirm their kill with the deletion of attack dodge, spell dodge being gutted into a mechanic with anti synergy with wind dancer/deadeye tailwind stacks/other don't get hit mechanics, the loss of 30% spell dodge on acro/phase acro if you want the old mechanic back, and wind dancer getting a massive nerf that actually makes you take more damage. Sure there are new places to invest for more defense, but did you know that some right side builds struggle with damage even more than gladiators with their easily scaled bleeds? Non-DoT bows and wanders (I think; I haven't played on in forever) are kind of just completely fucked. There isn't a different ascendancy to fall back on they are all taking a really big hit.

Even with all of this for some reason there are gladiator mains coming out everywhere I look to complain "It isn't fair my broken shit was perfectly balanced! It didn't deserve the slight nerf it took! But fuck those dodge builds while we are talking about all this! Their builds deserved a massive nerf even post 3.15." As someone that likes playing dex builds I didn't want to see strength ones take a nerf. It doesn't hurt me if your favorite build plays well, and I didn't want a patch that ruined your fun. However, posters like you make me rethink my stance. Maybe if my favorite builds are taking a hit I can at least take pleasure in your suffering like you do in mine.

You dont have one gladiator in your profile and have one lvl 69 beserk,lol. Why give my ears if you dont understand nothing about melee builds ??. It is easy to play this game using minions or spellcaster and is your case.
"
Chavolatra wrote:
"
X_Stickman_X wrote:
Melee lobbyists like you are kind of getting old...

You dont have one gladiator in your profile and have one lvl 69 beserk,lol. Why give my ears if you dont understand nothing about melee builds ??. It is easy to play this game using minions or spellcaster and is your case.

My very first character back in legacy was actually a claw dual wielding cyclone gladiator that I pushed to about 90. I had no idea what I was doing going in and didn't follow a guide, but I somehow got it to work. I lost the info for the email I used though unfortunately (worst part was losing my friends list of people I had met). Nice of you to take a look at my profile though instead of what I said. I took a look at yours too, and it is just pages of "meele is died play OP spellcaster instead." I feel like you are living evidence for my gripe that most people crying about melee are the first to demand buffs to their class and also the first to call for nerfs to things they don't play.

People like you are very vocal in every online game's community I have seen. There will always be some OP busted build that makes your poor weak one seem really bad in comparison. You don't just want your build buffed. You actively parasitize other builds saying they are so much better than yours in whatever way, and you won't stop complaining until your build is the best in that aspect and theirs has been nerfed to irrelevancy. Once that happens you will find some other aspect that another build does better and try to steal it for your own. You won't stop until melee is the king of clear speed, survivability, single target, quality of life, and any other thing you can think of. I have no clue why you people are trying to push other builds down to prop yours up. This is a pve game, and it really shouldn't adversely affect you that other builds are doing well.
Last edited by X_Stickman_X on Oct 16, 2021, 1:58:27 PM
"
X_Stickman_X wrote:
"
Chavolatra wrote:
"
X_Stickman_X wrote:
Melee lobbyists like you are kind of getting old...

My very first character back in legacy was actually a claw dual wielding cyclone gladiator that I pushed to about 90. I had no idea what I was doing going in and didn't follow a guide, but I somehow got it to work. I lost the info for the email I used though unfortunately (worst part was losing my friends list of people I had met). Nice of you to take a look at my profile though instead of what I said. I took a look at yours too, and it is just pages of "meele is died play OP spellcaster instead." I feel like you are living evidence for my gripe that most people crying about melee are the first to demand buffs to their class and also the first to call for nerfs to things they don't play.

People like you are very vocal in every online game's community I have seen. There will always be some OP busted build that makes your poor weak one seem really bad in comparison. You don't just want your build buffed. You actively parasitize other builds saying they are so much better than yours in whatever way, and you won't stop complaining until your build is the best in that aspect and theirs has been nerfed to irrelevancy. Once that happens you will find some other aspect that another build does better and try to steal it for your own. You won't stop until melee is the king of clear speed, survivability, single target, quality of life, and any other thing you can think of. I have no clue why you people are trying to push other builds down to prop yours up. This is a pve game, and it really shouldn't adversely affect you that other builds are doing well.
If you think melee in any way compares to ranged you need to get checked into rehab.
Melee is not the best in ANY area.
Last edited by plaguefear on Oct 16, 2021, 9:46:05 PM
"
X_Stickman_X wrote:

It's not a coincident you don't have a single melee in your char. tab, right ?
There is a big reason why no streamer want to have any part with it, and are picking all caster/ranged for League Starters and so.
You don't have any knowledge of melee and Gladiator, but you come here to talk about numbers.
Just because a X or Y thing is picked more, or much more, doesn't mean it's OP, Strong or so, it means people enjoy this type of play.
And GGG balance has always been crap, and they have always hated melee and just use some numbers without any coverage to excuse themself.

How many % of the so call Gladiators have beaten the End Game ? Most are struggle at high end Maps. You need a Legacy Gear to make most of the build to do any Damage at all.
Again same build, same type Rider is doing 15-20mln. DPS, while Gladiator could barely got to 2-2,5mln, and this is with heavy investment. And yeah while Block is on 78/78(my build), the Rider have 20% Attack Block,
75% Attack Dodge Chance, and 65% Spell Dodge Chance.

I take this 10x more DPS and the defenses of the Rider any days of the week, twice at the weekends. Everyone knows the best defenses in this game is the DMG, kill before the mob even comes to you.
Try to play the way Caster/Rangers are playing at 2-3k HP glass cannon as a Melee to see that you will die 10 times per map. And you get away with all of this as Ranger/Caster.
And you have the nerves to come here and talk about numbers? This is unheard of.
Play a real melee here, before you even talk about topic you don't understand.

And how hard is it to finally you BIG talkers, but never touch a Gladiator to understand that you INVEST Heavily and ALL of your Ascendancy into the Block/Defense, and you get no DMG at all in return.

You get the Dodge on the tree, and you get HUGE DMG numbers from your ascendancy.
Is it that hard to get it ?

And again just because you get high block chance, doesn't mean you are immortal, you going to die way more, cause of how the game is build, and that DMG > Defense always.

You can compare 80% block against 80 Dodge, if both Builds have similar or close to similar DMG. But when one be able to pull 20 mil., and the other at best 2-3mln. there is no comparison at all.

As far as Armor, no matter how much time you are going to repeat a lie, it's still be a lie.
Armor is crap, always have, and always will be in that state. If they want Armor to be good, it needs to mitigate something else, than just Physical DMG.
Buffing the numbers won't do a ......
Most of my chars were melee and melee is garbage tier build for masochists only.
If you want to do literally anything there is a better option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info