My Journey with POE has end

The Gladiator nerf(yeah you can call it whatever you wanna call it, but it's a straight up destruction) was the final nail in the coffin.

You also nerfed Strike Skill into the oblivion again .... Taking "Strike Range" from some skills that were already BIG time lacking and putting them into the tree, to waste more points, it's ridiculous.

But i digress.

Let me get back on Gladiator.
Blind nerfed for melee(its actually nerfed for all)
Shield skills - big time nerf(i don't play them tho)
Flesh and Stone nerfed
Tempest Shield free buff - gone, you need to pay heavily for it now
Ascendancy - completely destroyed, and any uniqueness Gladiator once had it's all gone now.

I will talk for my build - One hand and Shield. For all the 8 Ascendancy on my build i'm getting close to nothing in terms of DPS. Others are getting million of millions of DPS, we are getting defence only for all 8.

Arena Challenger and Outmatch and Outlast are terrible design for last Ascendancy.
With 1h+S i can't even use the full potential of Outmatch and Outlast, and it's for the hardest charge to get, cause you get Frenzy off Blood Rage(don't give them idea to remove Frenzy off Blood).

And Arena Challenger obligates me to use Flesh and Stone.

With very solid Investment and all the buffs and Flask i'm at 78% Block/Spell chance and barely got 2,5mil. on FB.
FB on 21, as well as 2 Awakened skills, and Pricey Cluster Jewels, Watcher's with Hatred, and solid Rare Jewel.
And gear like this, that is far from perfect, but it's 50+ exa:

And yeah this build was work in the process, and Chest, Ring2, Helm, and Boots were on the radar, but they are all pricey as hell. And in most of the time to gain some DMG, you are losing some survivability. You also are not immune to stun, cause you can't allow yourself to get that from Kaom's, cause your res, and other stuffs are even more doom. You are also not very safe from Frozen, and the moment you open a chest with that mode - you are 100% dead.

Tried Double Strike and Heavy Strike, and while heaving a bit more Survivability, the damage was big time crap. And they even get nerfed lol.

With similar investment Rider can get 15-20mln. easily with around 15-20% Block chance and 75% attack dodge chance and 65 Spell Dodge chance, and easier time capping the res.

Capping the rest and accuracy is a hard task, cause of the mods you need to get that bit of a extra DPS. And you got to change skill for the boss, and you are still lacking DPS big time, while Caster/Rangers are walking on budget with easy 10-20mln. .....

And where is the buff he have talked so much about on all podcast, cause seeing so many players flee away? Where i ask ? All i see is hidden nerfs, that some people just doesn't have the capacity to understand.

Armor is garbage, and always be, you can buff its numbers as much as you like, in the current state, won't change a thing.

And with the Ascendancy big time nerf, at best i could get to 60% on Attack/Spell, and i had to invest not only on all of my Ascendancy for ZERO damage, just to get block, and i got to invest into the tree as well, wasting more passive that i already don't have, and i will lose more DPS.

The build is very hard and heavy investment from the get going, but this totally destroying it, because you don't even play your game, and not know what you are doing.

What you are doing is seeing some % that X or Y Ascendancy/Class has been played, and hope without looking in depth, let's nerf it to the ground ....
This has been the story of POE so far.

I was having a mission to get to 100, but seeing the patch notes i decide to just straight up get over with POE.

While the game has so many +, the - at the moments are way too much, and are you going on the - direction constantly.

And let me be clear myself. I have never complain about nerfing Power Creep - i actually like and wanted that. But you can't KILL 70% of the builds, and let other 30% meta have insane easy time, and keep the drops as low and as 8**** as they currently are.

And when you are going to introduced 19838138318 ridicouls unwanted/unneeded bloated mechanics like the new RNG base quality ....
Instead you should actually fix the damn 99,99% garbage loot, and terrible trade system we have, and actually give more content, and stop forcing people to go for trading/crafting.
You should have a choice.
And lastly i have never been a fan of League concept, but i couldn't care less if other people like it and play it, let them be, it's not my business. But the whole focus is on there, and STD is a dead meat. Zero focus, and the game is getting worst and worst. No way i will play 3 months, and in the end my work to get to the junk. This to me is just wasting my time.

Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 6:35:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can I have your stuff?
tl:dr

good bye
"
RoyalMarauder wrote:
The Gladiator nerf(yeah you can call it whatever you wanna call it, but it's a straight up destruction) was the final nail in the coffin.

You also nerfed Strike Skill into the oblivion again .... Taking "Strike Range" from some skills that were already BIG time lacking and putting them into the tree, to waste more points, it's ridiculous.

But i digress.

Let me get back on Gladiator.
Blind nerfed for melee(its actually nerfed for all)
Shield skills - big time nerf(i don't play them tho)
Flesh and Stone nerfed
Tempest Shield free buff - gone, you need to pay heavily for it now
Ascendancy - completely destroyed, and any uniqueness Gladiator once had it's all gone now.

I will talk for my build - One hand and Shield. For all the 8 Ascendancy on my build i'm getting close to nothing in terms of DPS. Others are getting million of millions of DPS, we are getting defence only for all 8.

Arena Challenger and Outmatch and Outlast are terrible design for last Ascendancy.
With 1h+S i can't even use the full potential of Outmatch and Outlast, and it's for the hardest charge to get, cause you get Frenzy off Blood Rage(don't give them idea to remove Frenzy off Blood).

And Arena Challenger obligates me to use Flesh and Stone.

With very solid Investment and all the buffs and Flask i'm at 78% Block/Spell chance and barely got 2,5mil. on FB.
FB on 21, as well as 2 Awakened skills, and Pricey Cluster Jewels, Watcher's with Hatred, and solid Rare Jewel.
And gear like this, that is far from perfect, but it's 50+ exa:

And yeah this build was work in the process, and Chest, Ring2, Helm, and Boots were on the radar, but they are all pricey as hell. And in most of the time to gain some DMG, you are losing some survivability. You also are not immune to stun, cause you can't allow yourself to get that from Kaom's, cause your res, and other stuffs are even more doom. You are also not very safe from Frozen, and the moment you open a chest with that mode - you are 100% dead.

Tried Double Strike and Heavy Strike, and while heaving a bit more Survivability, the damage was big time crap. And they even get nerfed lol.

With similar investment Rider can get 15-20mln. easily with around 15-20% Block chance and 75% attack dodge chance and 65 Spell Dodge chance, and easier time capping the res.

Capping the rest and accuracy is a hard task, cause of the mods you need to get that bit of a extra DPS. And you got to change skill for the boss, and you are still lacking DPS big time, while Caster/Rangers are walking on budget with easy 10-20mln. .....

And where is the buff he have talked so much about on all podcast, cause seeing so many players flee away? Where i ask ? All i see is hidden nerfs, that some people just doesn't have the capacity to understand.

Armor is garbage, and always be, you can buff its numbers as much as you like, in the current state, won't change a thing.

And with the Ascendancy big time nerf, at best i could get to 60% on Attack/Spell, and i had to invest not only on all of my Ascendancy for ZERO damage, just to get block, and i got to invest into the tree as well, wasting more passive that i already don't have, and i will lose more DPS.

The build is very hard and heavy investment from the get going, but this totally destroying it, because you don't even play your game, and not know what you are doing.

What you are doing is seeing some % that X or Y Ascendancy/Class has been played, and hope without looking in depth, let's nerf it to the ground ....
This has been the story of POE so far.

I was having a mission to get to 100, but seeing the patch notes i decide to just straight up get over with POE.

While the game has so many +, the - at the moments are way too much, and are you going on the - direction constantly.

And let me be clear myself. I have never complain about nerfing Power Creep - i actually like and wanted that. But you can't KILL 70% of the builds, and let other 30% meta have insane easy time, and keep the drops as low and as 8**** as they currently are.

And when you are going to introduced 19838138318 ridicouls unwanted/unneeded bloated mechanics like the new RNG base quality ....
Instead you should actually fix the damn 99,99% garbage loot, and terrible trade system we have, and actually give more content, and stop forcing people to go for trading/crafting.
You should have a choice.
And lastly i have never been a fan of League concept, but i couldn't care less if other people like it and play it, let them be, it's not my business. But the whole focus is on there, and STD is a dead meat. Zero focus, and the game is getting worst and worst. No way i will play 3 months, and in the end my work to get to the junk. This to me is just wasting my time.

Resigned player used to moving forward with only a broken construction that you copied from Poeninja and gets angry because they changed it is a child with an adult body .. if you leave a game do so accepting to be inept in the most difficult mode that is Hardcore Mode in Path of exile.
Yeah the typical smart****, that think he is good at a game that actually have zero skill in it ....
If i was to copy a build, would i played FB Gladiator smarty?
I would have easier time playing one of the many Rangers build that do millions on a budget, have way faster clear speed, and are safe even being a glass cannon, cause of the zooming, and that they kill everything, before it get close.

But be a man, and show me the build i copy puppy.
You will have a hard time, cause i don't think there is any on FB Gladiator.

And if you call difficult - time wasting, then you are completely lost.
Learn what hard and difficult is.
Melee is death, dont play with this, use spellcaster gems and done all content more easy.
Haha. Even in an upcoming league with almost nothing but buffs we see these posts.

You sir have earned this kekw... kekw.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Haha. Even in an upcoming league with almost nothing but buffs we see these posts.

You sir have earned this kekw... kekw.

Buff for spellcaster and none for melee, it is shameful for you try defend the
indefensible.
"
Chavolatra wrote:
Melee is death, dont play with this, use spellcaster gems and done all content more easy.

This not my playstyle. While i like Ranger, and pretty much always make a build in similar games, like this, Diablo, Titan Quest, MMORPG and so on, what i like and enjoy playing is a pure melee One hand + Shield and Two Handers.

I will just grind on ESO, and will pray they get their ***** together for POE 2.
Till then i'm done with the game.

Frankenberry, you are joking right ?

Just compare this to anything has to offer, and you straight up understand how garbage POE balance is, and they still nerf Builds that are perfectly fine, and to be below average you need crazy huge investments .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3W-2OTlZ3c
Last edited by RoyalMarauder on Oct 15, 2021, 7:03:39 PM
wait til you see the tree before quitting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info