Content Update 3.16.0 -- Path of Exile: Scourge

type alkParty and look at him
"The Elemental Overload Keystone Passive Skill now gives more Hit and Ailment Elemental Damage to Skills if they crit in the last 8 seconds. This means that you can't use a second rapidly hitting skill, making a small amount of critical chance investment much more important to skills taking advantage of Elemental Overload."

Since unarmed attack have 0% crit chance (except with rigwald curse) they are fked ? like doryani's fist and w/e ?
"
AscendantZZ wrote:
GGG you can stop the games dead. It's just overkill now and not funny. It's clear when you remove some of the best maps but keep the ones nobody runs like dungeon and museum. You just hate zoom zoom builds and want a rippy clunky laggy unbalanced game that doesn't even render mobs or a bosses moves. You had so much and threw it away. The only viable builds left is necros totems and saboteurs. Rest is inferior.

Last famous words?

I suspect the be amass of builds.....that works great not just viable :D
"
groink19 wrote:
In one of the podcasts Chris said something like this:

"What most people mean by good layout is that they can run straight from the beginning to the end"

It's obvious that he's right. It's also obvious, that that's not a "good layout". It's for people who would rather have a spreadsheet simulator than a game, where you have to interact with things.

The game does not handle confined spaces well. I found spectral throw, for example, to be very bothersome in many maps, and it is quite far from an overpowered skill. While it appears as though your hit-box is clear of terrain obstruction, the skill will often fail to fire projectiles - and this is the case with most projectile attacks and many spells.

The obvious considerations with defense are another problem - tight spaces create disadvantages for traditional ES builds - this is why it's nice to have a variety of open field and enclosed areas to pick from.

I've already covered how many of the league mechanics simply don't operate well in tight spaces. And I do not mean "harder" I mean "they often times do not work properly." I have had rituals where it was impossible to kill the monsters because of the terrain being blocked by walls and doors, breaches drastically under-performing, and numerous excavations where it was impossible to place more than three charges. (And the occlusion made the targeting circles unreliable).

Finally, using movement skills is very difficult in tight spaces - your character tends to get stuck on clutter - the hit-boxes of obstructions are not always apparent. And I bring this up not from a go-go fast perspective, but from a "move so you don't get killed" position.

PoE does not handle as well as even Diablo 2 in tight locals. Some of these issues need to be a priority before you force players into cluttered areas where so much of the game is, for lack of a better word - clunky.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Oct 15, 2021, 1:25:09 PM
"
kariya1234 wrote:
"The Elemental Overload Keystone Passive Skill now gives more Hit and Ailment Elemental Damage to Skills if they crit in the last 8 seconds. This means that you can't use a second rapidly hitting skill, making a small amount of critical chance investment much more important to skills taking advantage of Elemental Overload."

Since unarmed attack have 0% crit chance (except with rigwald curse) they are fked ? like doryani's fist and w/e ?

In terms of elemental overload, yes you need to get some other source of crit for unarmed. (I'd note that there are other ways of getting crit for unarmed that doesn't involve rigwald's curse, like assassin's mark, or some notable passives which grants global +flat crit chance)
"

The game does not handle confined spaces well

I totally agree with most of your points. Still, many people simply can't be bothered playing maps with some brain activity. And I think this needs to change---and yes, that also means to adapt to the clunkyness.
Zapplee should be banned
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
kariya1234 wrote:

In terms of elemental overload, yes you need to get some other source of crit for unarmed. (I'd note that there are other ways of getting crit for unarmed that doesn't involve rigwald's curse, like assassin's mark, or some notable passives which grants global +flat crit chance)

Ye like the "Increased Critical Strikes Support Gem" wich will add 2% base crit lmao, i just think they forgot unarmed exist, especially doryani's fist
AlkXD
"
groink19 wrote:
I totally agree with most of your points. Still, many people simply can't be bothered playing maps with some brain activity. And I think this needs to change---and yes, that also means to adapt to the clunkyness.

That doesn't sounds to me like a good design paradigm. =p

The adapt to clunkyness part. GGG is capable of better. When the Maggot Lair and Flayer Dungeon on a 21 year old game handle confined spaces better than your current year product, you as a developer would be well served by improving the play control of those environments before forcing your players to inhabit them.

You can make dynamic, interactive terrain that doesn't make the player fight the mechanical play control.

Torchlight II is a good example, although I do strongly dislike their movement skills not being able to scale terrain.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Oct 15, 2021, 1:34:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info