Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

RIP
I think its time that we get a couple more points to invest with so many things that have to be allocated on the tree now. Great changes overall!
"
MissDerry wrote:
RIP Ranger.

Dodge being the backup to Evasion was never broken or overpowered because when you take the hit, YOU TAKE THE HIT.

So now we can get 75% evasion with maxed out gear (lol I bet you can't get it) and get a bit of spell dodge. So where does that leave physical hits? Oh yeah, one-shot city.

You would think eva/dodge was the best defence in game... which is why everyone went armour. Sigh.

Evasion caps at 95%, not 75%. They just gave examples for 75%. With the evasion formula changes, this will be way easier to achieve than before. And sure, when you do get hit, you'll explode. But why are you getting hit?

Also ground degens still suck for both armor and evasion stacked characters.
"
pecol wrote:
Dodge is dead, blind is dead, fortify is dead.

So, a character that only invests in life as primary defence layer, no longer has any defence options. RIP

It will be another suffering league, and I am sure players rage quitted last league won't come back.

Read the entire post before writing something thats incorrect.
If youre only layer of defence is life, then the changes aren't going to affect you at all - If you want some kind of defence, then go for Life - armor and then fortifiy, if youre a melee build.

use PAth of building more...It is not hard to come up with ways of finding defence.
So how about logging off poe for a while, w8 for the pathnotes, and then look at your starter build on poe.

Whining doesnt help you, others or GGG.
If you want to come with critisism, then feel free to do so...but whining..seriously man that's not cool...
I would have liked a return of the fleeing mechanic since you're boosting the defenses. It can be used to protect against masses and go well with bleed. But as of now it's completely useless because rares and bosses are immune. I hope you will do something with it someday.
Looks like some solid changes, now I just want to see the league mechanic.
"
DanteDog wrote:
All I see is providing on tree and guess what I don’t see any additional skill points. Did no one say hey maybe they need 5 more points now on the team? Like what the hell?

You got Path of building, when they release the patchnotes, then you should take a look at the tree, im pretty sure you can squeeze some of the new nodes into your build. You dont need additional points to do that ;)
THX GGG I LOVE U
"
Xveno wrote:
I hope the fortify change is based on the total damage delt recently, and not just single huge hits, because that will kill fortify for fast attacking builds!

Seems like it is.
If i understood it correctly, then they want to make fortify a defence option for melee builds primarily...so i wouldnt worry if i was you :)
I wish you removed the instant spawn-cast-attack from the recent atlas version. What is there to react to when it's BLAM instant spawn and cast and death. That would be every last one of the influencer mobs. Except elder, for whatever reason reasonably well announced.

It's just punishing but without the fun or the joy of finds. I don't play the select few builds.

Everything will be better at ilvl 80 82 85 from your previous post. Help me get there. Help me do a harvest in a rare map t11+ so I can actually use the mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info