Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
pecol wrote:
Dodge is dead, blind is dead, fortify is dead.

So, a character that only invests in life as primary defence layer, no longer has any defence options. RIP

It will be another suffering league, and I am sure players rage quitted last league won't come back.

LOL keep calm try hard, you have 40 challenges cuz blind, dodge and fortify is broken :D

All of these changes make more sense with their character context.
sedantes
mindblown , i love u
"
XxXseesXxX wrote:
I think it would be the wrong way to scale Fortify on the base damage of an hit, it would be much better to see a scaling on the base dps so that fast attacking builds aren't left behind.

As long as youre melee, and your dmg is melee, then i doubt youre going to suffer.
Doesnt seem like it is GGG's intention :)
"
We're experimenting with a system that lets Fortify be applied based on Melee Damage dealt, so that tiny little Melee Damage Hits don't provide a full strength Fortify. This will mean that we'll be able to introduce a Chance to gain Fortify on Hit on Passive Skills or items, which we've avoided in the past, but we're working to avoid a system where every spellcaster wants to run Shield Charge to get Fortify at little cost. Our eventual goal here is that all Melee characters keep Fortify up reliably without a huge cost, while spellcasters and ranged characters won't have access to the mechanic without significant investment (or being a Champion).

What about Poison, Bleeding and fast attacking melee builds?
They all don't rely on single heavy hits..
Maybe a simple solution would be to lower the duration of Fortify and maybe extend it for every following melee hit.
So you would have to hit very frequently with a melee skill as a spellcaster to rely on that until a point where it's not handled easily anymore
Last edited by Benchmark04 on Oct 6, 2021, 5:53:34 PM
Waow best manifesto ever! Im gonna make a juicy juggboi poggers
Of dear...

I really don’t like what you are doing to the gladiator.
I hate it so far.
Lo Is like you killed my only tanky character. Loved playing him since harvest league.

Dodge... hm. Sounds all a bit confusing. Doesn’t sound good.

Tempest shield... ooof, flesh and stone... ouch.

Fortify... I really hope it’s damage dealt within x seconds or something alike. Will it work, really work, if a Melee character gets it via Leap Slam or Whirling Blades?

I can’t help getting the overall impression that we need 5 to 20 more skillpoints to work all the necessary trade-offs given by the skill tree in.
Any plans in that direction?

All in all reading this was depressing. Sorry, I know you work hard but... :(

"
hyyyben wrote:
"
Anscendant wrote:
You guys need to increase Righteous Fire damage by 500% (more) and increase the AoE by 300%. Also buff Jugg. That would make RF JUGG at least playable again. Right now you can't even clear t1 maps with 5 mirrors of investment. Anything less than 10 mirrors and you heal the mobs instead.

Adapt to change..i played RF inquisitor this league and a buddy of mine played RF jugg..it was his first league and he managed to kill conquores/ guidans and i believe sirus.
I would suggest that you try to use POB more. RF is very much alive, you just have adapt to change :)

It's funny because I played RF Jugg recently and was able to kill Sirus on a pretty cheap build, probably around 30 chaos worth of gear. The unfortunate part of RF is that it's a dot build that requires you to be in close range. I think people just aren't aware of the tools available to them.
"
FauxFauch wrote:
Some of you guys are completely cracked. GGG is moving entirely in the right direction with this, giving all classes more defenses. You're complaining about some auras, Blind and Dodge getting nerfed, when ultimately Evasion is finally doing what it's meant to do.

Quit being spergs, use your brains and read the post before you poop your diaper. There are fundamentally great changes at hand here, and you have a legit more diverse access to building actual defense now that isn't necessarily locked behind one singular Ascendancy.

Do you even evade bro?

You know what happens when you get hit by a physical attack as a pure evasion character? You die. Flat out, bricked and mostly one-shot.

The only defense for this was to utilise entropy with dodge as a backup. It still didn't stop you getting one-shot. Why? Because there is not enough physical reduction on an evasion char, never was, still isn't.

So lets theoretically say we get capped out evasion. 1 in 4 attacks will hit us. That is way worse than previously. So where is the mitigation coming from? Nowhere. Ok there is some spell mitigation now, yipee, that was never a problem except from Frost Bombs. We have RESISTS for that already.

So whilst you insist on insulting people who have played the game for a decade, think about who you are insulting.
"
MissDerry wrote:
RIP Ranger.

Dodge being the backup to Evasion was never broken or overpowered because when you take the hit, YOU TAKE THE HIT.

So now we can get 75% evasion with maxed out gear (lol I bet you can't get it) and get a bit of spell dodge. So where does that leave physical hits? Oh yeah, one-shot city.

You would think eva/dodge was the best defence in game... which is why everyone went armour. Sigh.

Except majority of the playerbase is running dodge cuz it's easier to stack and useful against all bosses XD

I really like these changes! Well, except the random 0-10% higher base defence, that's REALLY FREAKING STUPID...
Other than that, armour is finally going to be viable, got really mad seeing how my 600k DPS gladiator couldn't do jack against some stronger bosses of rare red maps because 30k armour and capped blocks just weren't enough with 5.5k hp, and the overall sacrifice in terms of DPS felt unjustified when reaching pretty much any of the boss fights... (rare Maze of the Minotaur was my worst nightmare this league, what a freaking statstick...)

I'm a little bit worried about my build plans since I wanted to run a Flameblast build, but I'm pretty sure I can tweak some bits here and there and make it work, even with cast speed being removed from shields (hella useful early game for a spell with a base casting time of 2 seconds... ugh, gotta hope for some good rolls)
Last edited by Masakiyomi on Oct 6, 2021, 6:04:18 PM
Looks good overall but please revisit Fortify. Cyclone Herald of Agony is very much a melee range character but gets shafted by the fortify changes. Also, who was endurance charge regen builds hurting? I think 2 builds used this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info