Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
JinLee1337 wrote:
Looks like a balancing nightmare that wont change player behavior in SC. It will just result in more powercreep and dmg available to players in SC, because they wont need to invest as much for minimal viable defense.

If defenses need to matter maybe increase the punishment for dying from 10% loss of exp to all exp of an uncompleted level. I am a masochistic sadist though, so what do i know.

It's the opposite situation, they *removed* a lot of the easy low investment high value defensive options and put more of that power into core defenses which makes it an option for investment. Currently there's no point in investing in armor or evasion unless you can get 30k+, so people just pick up acrobatics for 1 skill point and forget investing in evasion.

You say you're a masochist sadist, but you don't play hardcore? I don't mean to judge, but I imagine that's where the masochists go.
Uh... Evasion is still entropy based, right?

So, without Dodge, our only option to "skip" the guaranteed hit is block? Or, I guess, 15% chance to avoid damage with Elusive, if you have Elusive.

Wind Dancer now 100% mandatory for Evasion builds.

My reading of the manifesto is that people who never invested in Defense will be tankier than they were before, but people who did invest heavily in defense will be *far* less tanky than they were before.

I don't like that.

It reads like the 3.15 Ailment nerfs. "We found *everything* that relates to this and lowered the value. But hey, we buffed this one thing over here..." The multiplicative combination of all these nerfs to non-base defenses means that characters will be *far* less tanky than before. You would have to increase base defenses a *LOT* more than the displayed values to make up for it. Like, *at least* quadruple the effectiveness of Evasion. And *at least* double the effectiveness of Armour. Those are over the listed values.

And... non-static armour/evasion/ES rolls on bases? WTH? Now we have *even more* "well, I really want to craft this Vaal Regalia, but it dropped with a crap roll, so I guess I need to wait until I get an i86 AND a high roll on the base value".

Speaking of body armour... goodbye 6Ls? Did you all forget that quality helps us socket and link? Are you going to make linking 20% easier since you're removing our ability to craft quality?

Oh, AND it's a nerf to Harvest Enchantments. AND a nerf to various weapons (unless we can still craft quality on weapons?).

**DO NOT REMOVE THE QUALITY CRAFT** unless you're doing something to replace it for all the non-defense purposes.
"
Discipol wrote:
We need a non-melee defensive buff, for casters and archers.
I know Fortify is supposed to offset melee chars being in the thick of things, but even as a non-melee I still find myself constantly overwhelmed by monsters in melee range.

i guess thats why evasion is getting buffed, and Blind is going to be the cherry on top when it comes to builds that include some evasion.
Im excited to see what other options we will have :))
"
FauxFauch wrote:
Some of you guys are completely cracked. GGG is moving entirely in the right direction with this, giving all classes more defenses. You're complaining about some auras, Blind and Dodge getting nerfed, when ultimately Evasion is finally doing what it's meant to do.

[Removed by Support] use your brains and read the post before you poop your diaper. There are fundamentally great changes at hand here, and you have a legit more diverse access to building actual defense now that isn't necessarily locked behind one singular Ascendancy.

Raider using blind and Avatar of the chase was Evasion capped, and had dodge. Now it is not capped and can't dodge. There's no diversity, it's a straight nerf.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Oct 7, 2021, 2:19:03 AM
Please provide incentive for group play if auras and curses are getting nerfed.
Very Nice!
"
It no longer has any of it's old properties, but now changes any modifiers to Spell Suppression into Spell Dodge at 50% of it's value.

come on! two wrong "its" in a single sentence
Last edited by iisanoob on Oct 6, 2021, 9:10:39 PM
From first reading i have a feeling that fully evasion based chars ... are removed from the game. Dodge gone, Evasion "buff" and blind nerf offset each other at best ... sooooo ... half of defence is just gone (or even more in case of Raider).

Is there now any reason not to go block?
Sad sabo noises
"
heavyjg wrote:
1 - The fetish for getting items from the ground is still on, that's sad without loot improvements;
2 - I see a lot of defensive buffs gated behind RNG and Passive Points, but I don't see extra points or loot improvements to deal with the RNG;
3 - On top of that, a lot of nerfs to cheap defensive mechanics.

I hope you guys are right about defenses being more easily accessible now, but this part 2 seems to me like another nerf.

Im not so sure about it being a nerf.
You got several options now, when it comes to building defence.
ITs possible now to get decent block/ spell block without being a gladiator, which is great for everyone besides the glad xD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info