D2R is KICKING POEs BUTT hahahaha

No there are no mods.

I think I'm done with D2R aswell (for now).
Died twice now at lvl 80+ in HC and there is just no community feel, no trading, no nothing.

Blizz did a great job making the lobby feel painfully empty and turning D2R basically to SSF in HC at least.

Happy for those people that have fun with it, but I prefer Mods over D2R.

Forgot to mention, the Chat system is broken as hell. 90% of the time u can't see half the stuff that gets posted.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Oct 4, 2021, 2:57:23 PM
Played d2 for about 10 years. No new content. The game will last about a month.
The avatar showing Elreon kinda looks like "wtf did i just see?"
D2R is already down to less than half its Twitch viewership lol! From over 60k down to less than 25k in a matter of days...

Not that Twitch is the same as its playerbase, but since we've no source on that this is the best we can do. And it seems every bit like a flash in the pan.
"
Exile009 wrote:
D2R is already down to less than half its Twitch viewership lol! From over 60k down to less than 25k in a matter of days...

Not that Twitch is the same as its playerbase, but since we've no source on that this is the best we can do. And it seems every bit like a flash in the pan.

And PoE's viewership in spirit of the thread?

Protip: it's a joke

Edit: Right now it's 52k viewers for D2R, and PoE... 1.2k haha

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 5, 2021, 4:47:25 PM
Blizzard has become such a shit company in many ways and now they have turned d2r into online only, no LAN support, no mods.

And so many sheep pay way too much money just for some normal graphics.

obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
"
___Hengist___ wrote:
Blizzard has become such a shit company in many ways and now they have turned d2r into online only, no LAN support, no mods.

And so many sheep pay way too much money just for some normal graphics.

I assume some 5heads are already working on D2R mods but without LAN support. The blizz archive file format is nothing new and can be easily extracted and modified.

People always overreact but then go 180 when proved wrong.
I would say give it time and we have a 90% experience of the past mods.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 10, 2021, 5:45:09 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

And now D2R is at around 10k viewers, while PoE is over 3 times its viewership.

And this is well after the league launch too, so it's not that.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 2, 2021, 2:24:38 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

And now D2R is at around 10k viewers, while PoE is over 3 times its viewership.

And this is well after the league launch too, so it's not that.

I don't even really like doing this kind of comparison, mostly because streamers don't always have the most genuine reasons for streaming a game at a particular time. But you started this...

Overall, this is not the compliment you think it is, and 1 week isn't exactly "well after" launch. Keep in mind D2R had more than double the player concurrency that PoE has ever had at its maximum in it's 3rd week of launch. (and its' a game thats 20 years old, without any new content).

Also it's worth noting that PoE viewership is basically a handful of streamers. Quin, Ziz, and Mathil represent the vast majority of the PoE viewership. And people will watch Quin play anything. For example right now Quin is almost 50% of the entire viewership (with Mathil just loggining in)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I don't even really like doing this kind of comparison, mostly because streamers don't always have the most genuine reasons for streaming a game at a particular time. But you started this...

Not really. Harping on player counts has been more your thing than mine in general, and not just in regards to D2R. It would be player counts here too, 'cept as mentioned Blizzard doesn't give us much to work with there, hence Twitch. That said, it is amusing seeing you digging into the stats now in order to defend Blizzard, in contrast with how readily game stats are accepted when it shows PoE in a poor light. :p

So you want to discount certain streamers, eh? Rather convenient, but hey I'll indulge it. Aaaand no, even if you remove Quin from the picture, PoE is still very much ahead - about twice Diablo's figure. It remains clearly ahead even without Mathil included as well. Who else? At this point all the streamer numbers are comparable to those of D2R, so what excuse is left to you now?

That the league isn't far enough gone? The very same league so many in GD are dismissing as a failure, including you? Maybe I should bring up Blizzards' marketing money then. Ultimately it'll just be us reaching for whatever explanation most suits our biases, so why not just skip the excuses to begin with? Btw, that 20 year old game schtick doesn't really apply here since neither me nor this thread is talking about classic D2, but rather just D2R.

Neither you nor I started this thread, but it is what it is. I'm just keeping up with the spirit of it and updating it with how things are panning out.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Not really. Harping on player counts has been more your thing than mine in general, and not just in regards to D2R. It would be player counts here too, 'cept as mentioned Blizzard doesn't give us much to work with there, hence Twitch. That said, it is amusing seeing you digging into the stats now in order to defend Blizzard, in contrast with how readily game stats are accepted when it shows PoE in a poor light. :p

So you want to discount certain streamers, eh? Rather convenient, but hey I'll indulge it. Aaaand no, even if you remove Quin from the picture, PoE is still very much ahead - about twice Diablo's figure. It remains clearly ahead even without Mathil included as well. Who else? At this point all the streamer numbers are comparable to those of D2R, so what excuse is left to you now?

That the league isn't far enough gone? The very same league so many in GD are dismissing as a failure, including you? Maybe I should bring up Blizzards' marketing money then. Ultimately it'll just be us reaching for whatever explanation most suits our biases, so why not just skip the excuses to begin with? Btw, that 20 year old game schtick doesn't really apply here since neither me nor this thread is talking about classic D2, but rather just D2R.

Neither you nor I started this thread, but it is what it is. I'm just keeping up with the spirit of it and updating it with how things are panning out.

Player count and Twitch viewership are not even close to the same thing, and the player concurrency I'm referencing have been disclosed by official GGG news post and Blizz reps on their respective forum (due to server issues). So it is what it is.

Also I didn't dismiss the league as a failure. I said the Scourge mechanic was meh at best, and changes to the core game had some casual / average player QoL nods but that was about it. (I really dislike this elite vs casual player gap currently)

Generally speaking, do you really expect PoE player numbers to be strong by the end of this month? I suspect not, and if not, why if the league is good(which you seem to be indicating)? Isn't that more evidence the "core" PoE outside the gimmick of the quarter is in pretty bad shape, or the league is a failure? I'm not sure what your goalposts here are, other than Diablo Bad, PoE Good, which fine, I get this is the PoE forums, but I'm not sure it means anything in the end.

I suppose the point is what are you even saying? That PoE is better than D2R, but only for 1-2 weeks every three months? Maybe a more fair comparison would be is D2R better than PoE Standard or without any league mechanics or updates?

Lastly I would say that I wish PoE was better. I don't like the direction the game is going. I don't like that 40% of the game is reworked every 3 months. I don't like that the game is balanced around the top performing 1% of players. I don't like that it's bloated and doesn't respect players time. I don't like that the game itself is so bland and stale outside the gimmick each league.

I had some time this league launch to play, and honestly aside from the QoL like currency stacking, and the atlas / lab update, I don't have a ton of positive things to say... (EDIT: and I won't be supporting GGG with $$ anymore)

I will be busy with LA beta and FFXIV later this month, so I won't be playing the league any further after the 4th. I will be very interested to see what 3.17 looks like, as that will be a more of an indication of the reaction from the 3.15 debacle.

- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 2, 2021, 4:22:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info