D2R is KICKING POEs BUTT hahahaha

RIP POEEEEEEEEE !!!! It is new Poe killer
The biggest turn down was that the game costs 40 quids...i mean really? The trend to bring out remastered games/movies is just horrid.

Another cash grab from Activision/blizz. Game will be forgotten as D3 will be in a couple of months.
Lol! The number of limitations D2R has will be evident to people in no time, since it doesn't include or allow for Median or any of the other mods that kept D2 alive for so long. Give it some months and D2R will have subsided into little more than a flash in the pan. ARPG's - not just PoE but all of its competitors as well - have long since moved on and improved upon the outdated D2 model. They've taken inspiration from it sure, but they've also superseded it. Hell, D2R even still has that laughable stamina bar - something even the original devs themselves called idiotic and no future ARPG's, not even its successor Diablo 3 or heavily D2-inspired PoE, bothered to copy over from it. That's how faithful, and simultaneously out of date, D2R is. And that's just for starters...

P.S.:- Yes, I know you can nullify it by using stamina potions - citing that is just being nitpicky and missing the point. And also ironically, D2's potion system itself is yet another case of being outmoded. I roll my eyes everytime I see one of the streamers of the game filling their inventories with potions each time they return to town. And Teleport spam or other methods to nullify it similarly miss the point - its very existence is silly to begin with.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 1, 2021, 6:32:02 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Lol! The number of limitations D2R has will be evident to people in no time, since it doesn't include or allow for Median or any of the other mods that kept D2 alive for so long. Give it some months and D2R will have subsided into little more than a flash in the pan. ARPG's - not just PoE but all of its competitors as well - have long since moved on and improved upon the outdated D2 model. They've taken inspiration from it sure, but they've also superseded it. Hell, D2R even still has that laughable stamina bar - something even the original devs themselves called idiotic and no future ARPG's, not even its successor Diablo 3 or heavily D2-inspired PoE, bothered to copy over from it. That's how faithful, and simultaneously out of date, D2R is. And that's just for starters...

P.S.:- Yes, I know you can nullify it by using stamina potions - citing that is just being nitpicky and missing the point. And also ironically, D2's potion system itself is yet another case of being outmoded. I roll my eyes everytime I see one of the streamers of the game filling their inventories with potions each time they return to town. And Teleport spam or other methods to nullify it similarly miss the point - its very existence is silly to begin with.

Stamina is a non issue even without stamina pots around A3 when you pump some points into vitality during leveling.

Also complaining about a 21 years old potion system is indeed funny as its partially still used in modern games like Grim Dawn or few years back Torchlight 2 (which had maps before PoE btw).

It is a simple system which serves its purpose also in some modern games and unlike PoE it's still more reliably usable during boss fights where you need them the most.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 2, 2021, 11:41:06 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
It is a simple system which serves its purpose also in some modern games and unlike PoE it's still more reliably usable during boss fights where you need them the most.

It is indeed more usable during boss fights. That's actually what makes it terrible as it trivializes them. Everyone just fills their inventories with potions (not to mention CHARMS, another outdated mechanic than many mods had fixed) and tank bosses with their near endless reserves. PoE has a 1-shot problem, but it's boss fights are nevertheless far more exciting affairs. The flask system of PoE was DESIGNED to make bosses strategic and nerve-wracking. You want your charges back? Wait for the next add phase, or use a portal. That's also why flasks don't restore health instantly, but over time.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 2, 2021, 12:45:03 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

It is indeed more usable during boss fights. That's actually what makes it terrible as it trivializes them. Everyone just fills their inventories with potions (not to mention CHARMS, another outdated mechanic than many mods had fixed) and tank bosses with their near endless reserves. PoE has a 1-shot problem, but it's boss fights are nevertheless far more exciting affairs. The flask system of PoE was DESIGNED to make bosses strategic and nerve-wracking. You want your charges back? Wait for the next add phase, or use a portal. That's also why flasks don't restore health instantly, but over time.

I kind of waited you would mention this.

Why do you think a full belt or inventory with potions (which are not instant, unless rejuvenation) trivialize boss encounters in D2 more than in modern PoE?

If i would go HC i could use 5 life flasks/Blood of Karui with Ryslatha Pantheon and effectively get life flasks charges indefinitely as long i manage to stay alive in a boss fight.

You see? Which one is more trival? I would say PoE by a lot with less costs involved during the fight.

Also the simple ressource management needed mainly life and mana so it makes sense to see people fill their belts and inventories with both pots.

D2 potions:

- One usage = one potion = costs gold = more for better potions
- Can have multiple potions, More than poe (to some extent)

PoE "potions"

- Can have 5 of them, permanently
- "buy" the charges when killing monsters. As often as monsters in maps.

I think i brought an (practical) example to prove that players can get life charges more easily during boss fights than D2.

Also one PoE flask is (on average) the equivalent of 3 D2 flasks.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 2, 2021, 2:08:31 PM
All I see from d2r is people teleporting past all monsters just to get to boss. That sounds fun.

Sike.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
3.14 it started to die then 3.15 came almost killed it 100% then d2r finished poe forever
"
openup001 wrote:
3.14 it started to die then 3.15 came almost killed it 100% then d2r finished poe forever

OK, I loved D2 and played it with some interruptions nearly until D3 came out, most of that time without mods (not counting PlugY).
But that is just ridiculous. D2R might have taken away a few players, but I highly doubt that many of them stay in D2R unless it adds something new every few months like PoE does.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
is there any big mods for d2r? if no its not problem for GGG at all
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info