[3.16] Seismic/Exsanguinate Trap Build | Saboteur | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

I've only played this build this league, so don't really have a depth of knowledge about it. I agree that the slavedriver's hand approach looks interesting though, it potentially saves 3 affixes on minimum endurance charges for my approach too.

I've been going gloves as the proxy second six link because there are so many great helmet affixes we could make use of, like 9% more phys to nearby enemies, adds phys to spells, reservation efficiency, and spell suppress (that potentially lets us drop atziri's step). I figure it'll be impossible to use those AND have the helmet act as the proxy six link. Instead, I can hopefully just awakener's orb and get a good enough hat eventually. That's why my hat is so trash at the moment, I'm trying to have as little needed on it as possible.

(Amulet first though....)
You can still get rare boots with a bunch of defensive stats and make it similar to Atziri's Step in general if not better overall. But Step is a great and easy choice since it provides max movement speed, a pretty high amount of suppression and probably the most important part ignoring the good HP amount is the massive amount of evasion it offers.

Rare boots can offer upwards of 3 different resistance types (if two-toned base), life, movement speed and spell suppression as well making it something to consider for alternative gearing option.

Also learned that the mastery that grants 10% extra spell suppression if helm, gloves and boots have evasion notable won't be ignored if you get rare boots with spell suppression chance since all boots with that mod seem to grant evasion.
Last edited by reciprocate on Nov 5, 2021, 6:14:26 AM
I've tried this build for my league starter and I must say, it's one of the least fun to play due to the survivability. It's easy to just slap damage all across the board and hope for the best as far as defense is concerned. What I would suggest to everyone having problems is to respec trap masteries, take suppress spell damage nodes (have some in chest too to reach 100% without spending too much), as well as stack evasion, get as many grace mana efficiency masteries and an enchant on helmet and throw in grace to the build. It's much more efficient and fun.
Last edited by Yarinn on Nov 5, 2021, 7:10:22 AM
Also if one is willing to spare some DPS while doing the scourge league mechanic. Have a mistwall equipped for an extra defensive layer. It basically gives max attack block until you block (would reset after 4 sec) and offers movement speed and a healthy chunk of evasion too (1200+ at 20Q).
I have gone straight defense and im having a great time with this build. Determination Grace and Defiance banner and I hardly ever get touch in juiced t14-16. I am prone to one shots after 100 stacks of Scourge tho but I think I do pretty well. DPS is fantastic even going all defense. Be looking to upgrade my rings and Ammy next.
Defiance banner definitely seems a good call if you're getting a reasonable amount of evasion anyway, I'll use that instead of war banner when/if I get enlighten 4. POB is still confused, perhaps by some of the masteries, but it should let me get to 30k EV, and I'm far from amazing gear except in a couple of slots.

My plan to avoid too many deaths in T16 scourge is phase run, evasion, decent eHP, ghost dance, etc - but mostly, killing stuff before it reaches me, and stutter-stepping to avoid missiles.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 6, 2021, 6:54:19 AM
Can you please tell me how to make it possible to throw 4 seismic traps? I only have three.
Hasty Reconstruction, a passive node near Written in Blood/Instinct.
I didnt quite see until it was too late that I sold one +1 socket gems and +2 socket trap/mine gems corrupt chest for 10c and now I decided to play a trapper. Did I fucked up too much?
Nah, Tinkerskin or something crafted to work specifically for this build will almost certainly be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info