How did GGG lose touch with the silent majority?

they try to change game i think so will see how it go
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Reading all the responses, I spent the time to watch all three podcasts with Chris. They speak about everything except what matters...

The mechanical changes broke many builds that we love wich is totaly fine, this combined with buffed monsters and changes to mana and flasks just made the game feel like quicksand.

Yes I know you can rek the game with spectres, or even Forbidden Rite but this is an extreamly booring playstyle.

Who will adresses what are you doing to make the game enjoyable again? Randing about how they will reduce clicks or add new endgame to this slow version of the game is irrelevant to a large population that tried the slow quick sand playstyle and just left the game.

I meen i saw Ziz try to get an answer for this in his stream and same for GrimroPoe but they both got BS answers and just accepted them.

It seems like GGG are trying to condition the player base for the quicksand PoE2 that they are developing and everyone who asks about this gets non factual answers and swallows them as the good servants that they are.
IGN PEDemon
Last edited by xsiabit on Sep 11, 2021, 5:55:13 PM
"
It seems like GGG are trying to condition the player base for the quicksand PoE2 that they are developing and everyone who asks about this gets non factual answers and swallows them as the good servants that they are.

Its a communication skill to know what topics to press on and what to let go after one or two follow-up questions. It has nothing to do with "swallowing" anything in servitude. If you keep riding the same topic while the other party already implicitly told u [Removed by Support] with not answering it directly multiple times you won´t get anything useful out of the full conversation. You might want to learn that before u insult streamers that actually did a good job in the streams.
Last edited by Nicholas_GGG on Sep 11, 2021, 4:36:18 PM
" silent majority " I just had a 4 page debate on wanting PVP updates & social aspects.

20vs20 group pvp updates (for the main game, not royal). Siege vs siege maps. Randomized & shuffled passive trees. Bigger trees +30 point updates.

Large towns hosting 100+ people; bard taverns. A field near town for guild events. Not hideouts like WoW-Garrisons. Outside like Ragnarok Online.
"
xsiabit wrote:
Reading all the responses, I spent the time to watch all three podcasts with Chris. They speak about everything except what matters...

The mechanical changes broke many builds that we love wich is totaly fine, this combined with buffed monsters and changes to mana and flasks just made the game feel like quicksand.

Yes I know you can rek the game with spectres, or even Forbidden Rite but this is an extreamly booring playstyle.

Who will adresses what are you doing to make the game enjoyable again? Randing about how they will reduce clicks or add new endgame to this slow version of the game is irrelevant to a large population that tried the slow quick sand playstyle and just left the game.

I meen i saw Ziz try to get an answer for this in his stream and same for GrimroPoe but they both got BS answers and just accepted them.

The only thing stopping you from playing the skill you want to play is you.
"
innervation wrote:

It is true that anyone can play a shitty skill. Will they enjoy it? Probably not.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
xsiabit wrote:

I see this quicksand feeling in some of the streamers I follow. They were very slow to come up with new builds and it doesn't look like they are enjoying the game as much.

I think this quicksand feeling will continue with 3.16. Hopefully 3.17 will be better.

Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

It is true that anyone can play a shitty skill. Will they enjoy it? Probably not.

So shitty that everything is used to beat all content regularly. A player can copy success from poe ninja or a youtube/forum guide. If someone chooses not to that is on them. But don't hide behind 'shitty skill'. That's weakness and lack of imagination, skill, and/or effort.
"
Narszosh7 wrote:
Numbers are awesome.... 51 years on this planet and an awesome queote of that book... then for that people who argue about the title of that post, Silent Majority, what can be 51% of players who "voted with their feet"?

We have more than 51% of players who said nothing and just decided to play something else?

The player count for week 5 was 90k for ritual, 92k for utlimatum, and 40k for expedition. That's ~55% and 56% drop, respectively, so yes, there are over 51% of players who voted with their feet.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
Makes me feel like ggg just said "fuck your time bro"

"Fuck your time" is the core design principle of PoE, so yeah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info