How did GGG lose touch with the silent majority?

atm not so bad so far
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
They watered / slowed down the cocaine-dopamine hits and now we're all twitching weird when the pixels don't align in our favour fast enough.
The money going into the game IMO hasn't been spent well.

Just look at Heist. This is a perfect example. All the character development, the dialogue, the voiceovers, the maps, the items, etc. It had to be a very expensive league to make.

Personally I hated it. It had some annoying limitations where you had to tell NPCs what to do and they'd never shut up. It's that uncomfortable area where they spend money on something and have to justify it even though players hate it. That's what it seems like to me anyway.

Now don't get me wrong I know some people love Heist for what it is but me being a PoE player since Warrior this was not a good addition to me.

So what are good additions? The kind that integrate into the game. Think of it like a motif. A well designed game has a few signatures that define it. PoE has been a game where the voiceovers were limited and many of them along the exploration / optional trail. Like stones that would tell you a story. You might not even notice them the first few runs at the game. They're always there but they're not in your way. They're not flooding your ears unwarranted every 5 minutes.

These little things do add up over time to where the game that was in 2013 is no longer recognizable in 2021. If your target demographic is the 2013 group you're going to have issues.

Insofar as I know they've been getting more players so what do I know? One thing I sincerely hope is that they've paid attention to how other devs have alienated their playerbase. Even accidental these moves can be destructive to a company.
I love "the silent majority" they always agree with me and never say they don't.

Or you're actually referring to dead people like the phrase actually means.
The term “silent majority” refers to a large block of voters that feel marginalized, silenced or underserved by the political system.

The silent majority is an unspecified large group of people in a country or group who do not express their opinions publicly.

If you believe that, in society or in a particular group, the opinions of most people are very different from the opinions that are most often heard in public, you can refer to these people as the silent majority.

So no, it does not literally mean "listening to the dead."
"
I Denizen I wrote:
The term “silent majority” refers to a large block of voters that feel marginalized, silenced or underserved by the political system.

The silent majority is an unspecified large group of people in a country or group who do not express their opinions publicly.

If you believe that, in society or in a particular group, the opinions of most people are very different from the opinions that are most often heard in public, you can refer to these people as the silent majority.

So no, it does not literally mean "listening to the dead."

Yours above is ahistorical description of the term. 'Silent majority' has its roots in US political life -and coincidentally, it never was a real majority even during the period it was coined.

But you know, if GGG doesn't like my explanation of facts, they can always delete my message as they've done before. Wouldn't be the first time.
Last edited by vmt80 on Oct 26, 2021, 6:31:05 AM
I feel you guys, back in few leagues before Mathil was doing around 15~builds per league worth less than 10ex investment showing everything is end game viable, now less than few builds can stand chance versus end game content with huge time and currency investment, average player want to play every single skill in the game and be end game viable, well not anymore.
It's better being an on-off player of POE. As in try a league for a few weeks then when you hit the content wall. Just stop playing.

PLaying POE 24/7 for months on end just ain't healthy no matter what way you cut it. You become too involved with the game to the point you rage when things don't develop in the way you want.

Even to the point of not playing the game even if a new patch drops.
I'm still playing, but I stopped paying them. Spent quite alot of money over the years, but like he said: they lost touch. It exactly feels this way.

Personally I think their godlike ambition to give and take is breaking a lot of things for me. It was different earlier on, but now the hand of god wants to touch you every three months. And it now started touching things that hurt a little more.

It's most likely not intentional, but they have quite a talent throwing bones and later revert part of the changes they made, because they could not understand how things are being used.
Either money got to their head, or they simply lost control of the wheel.
Reddit and the Streamers have taken PoE hostage, and GGG can't help but give in to the demands.

Personally, I still enjoy the game. Although after playing since CB, as a casual gamer that plays other games as well, I feel like I'm burning out faster and faster each league. For my part, I've stopped buying supporter packs for the past few leagues. As you can see, I've supported them quite a bit, but I feel no motivation whatsoever to keep doing it now.

I just hope they get back on track with PoE 2; if that ever comes out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info