Option to turn off weather effects.

Yeah press that fix button yo! Kappaface

On a serious note, hopefully when the graphics dude is back, he'll make some more nice progress on the optimization front like he did last time.
It was a big step back then already, the next couple of months he'll hopefully can focus on this subject as well and help implementing some toning down options on weather effects maybe etc.

Looking forward to what will happen :)
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
"
Russell wrote:
"
"
Russell wrote:
No our graphics programmer before was also our game structure programmer and major content feature programmer. Now we actually have a full time graphics programmer. Though hes been on holiday for a month.

All I see is "we won't let you disable something broken, and we won't fix it either".

Development takes time you know. We dont just press feature buttons all day. Its not like we can see something broken and go "oh right I forgot to press the fix button" *press*. It just feels like we do less because we bring out patches every week unlike most company's that do it every 3 months or so.

I should really stop responding to posts like this heh.

Heh, I was in a bad mood the other day. Sorry, let me 'try' to be more constructive.

What I should have said was, if weather effects are a known problem, and you have clearly stated there will be no option to turn them off, then why do you add more (even buggier) effects (see act 3x) before the existing problems have even been addressed?

The player base (hardcore elite diamond supporter types mostly) largely respond to all "QQs" about this issue with "get a better PC", which is a stupid suggestion considering many areas in the game run fine on my old toaster. Spend $1k on PC upgrade to play a F2P game? No thanks.

The main reason I'm so blunt and negative with my comments, is that I've been saying the same things to support for almost a year, we had a big help near the end of OB (that massive patch to optimise graphics), but many of the previously solved/reduced problems seem to have returned.

I found the game performed much better on my PC at the end of OB than it does now.
If I didn't think this was a great game (well, potentially great once a few things are ironed out), I wouldn't be so vocal on what I view as the problems with it, I'd just go play a different game.

Desync isn't a big deal to me anymore, I dislike the MF&trading>everything aspect (but can just ignore it and play my own way), etc. Fps drops due to weather effects and certain skills (summon skills like necro totem, molten shell, discharge, etc) are my biggest concern, and the things most likely to make me quit.

I'm at the point where certain maps (docks tileset, etc) just automatically go to the vendor. I'll get to dominus and just throw up a portal and suicide into him repeatedly, trying to get a little damage in before I die, because the fight just isn't playable at all (I'll just die 30 times without blinking, because the encounter is such a joke to me). Map mods like burning ground are usually an automatic reroll.
I'm already heavilly gated from a lot of endgame content due to playing 99% solo, and these graphical issues just make "endgame" all that more tedious and difficult to deal with for me.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Last edited by Robert_Paulson on Jan 9, 2014, 12:22:53 AM
It's like any other game on the PC, some parts are more demanding then others. You shouldn't expect a game developer to cater to extremely old hardware (6 year old high end hardware), mainstream hardware that is at least 4 years old or basic/budget hardware that is at least 2 years old. Typically F2P games do try to accommodate such players but that doesn't mean all F2P games have to.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 9, 2014, 4:12:35 AM
"
It's like any other game on the PC, some parts are more demanding then others. You shouldn't expect a game developer to cater to extremely old hardware or mainstream hardware that is at least 4 years old. Typically F2P games do try to accommodate such players but that doesn't mean all F2P games have to.

But they know it's fixable, they have made improvements in the past, and recent content has broken those improvements.
The game "generally" runs fine on my PC, it is only a few things that cause hideous fps drops, and these things ARE fixable.
Thanks for reading, your comprehension is obviously lacking.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
"
It's like any other game on the PC, some parts are more demanding then others. You shouldn't expect a game developer to cater to extremely old hardware (6 year old high end hardware), mainstream hardware that is at least 4 years old or basic/budget hardware that is at least 2 years old. Typically F2P games do try to accommodate such players but that doesn't mean all F2P games have to.

So, better loose players than give an option to disable effects ?
I'm basically riping on merc dominus just because I cannot fully dodge his attacks, even if the pattern is simple ( as a melee, the lightning flow during the first phase ends up killing me, because of machine lag basically ).
Sorry, but that is just dumb then.

The most ridiculous example of something that consume lots of resources for nothing is the logging screen.
There should be a thread on this section already ... lemme bump it btw.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
You have to limit yourself otherwise all games should have a 1x1 display mode to cater even the most basic of computer systems. (Taking it to an extreme but you get the idea)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 9, 2014, 8:43:54 AM
"
You have to limit yourself otherwise all games should have a 1x1 display mode to cater even the most basic of computer systems. (Taking it to an extreme but you get the idea)

Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
"
"

If they started catering low end computers, what kind of computer should they stop catering? Should they draw the line at vic-20 consoles, 2006 laptops, 2000 desktop computer? What?
Computer specifications:
A computer running quite smoothly Skyrim / Starcraft II is a low-end computer.
Sure.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Well yeah, Starcraft 2 is made by a multi-billion dollar company that can afford to program in support for a wide variety of hardware and has hundreds of developers. Skyrim is designed (And highly optimized) for consoles that use low end mainstream components from 2006 or whenever they were released so it's no wonder that that game works either.
Computer specifications:
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 9, 2014, 11:49:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info